Cool looking cheap carto tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I have a carto tank from ibetanked. Its a good tank, but through no fault other than my own, the tank broke. I am looking for something that isn't a rip off or super expensive but something that is glass and looks cool. Any suggestions? id like something with stainless steel or something cool looking that looks like a gensis tank or a pro tank kind of look.. something with some stainless steel in it.

regards

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Maybe something like this would fit your budget and be aesthetically pleasing:
Smoktech Pyrex (glass) DCT Tank - 3.5ml - Red

He has other colors too, but they're currently out of stock. Personally, I like the red one in the picture.

DiscountVapers.com_smoktech_dct_pyrex__96778.1371997527.1280.1280.jpg

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
IBtanked sells new glass. If you broke yours, a replacement is only 5 bucks or so I believe. A lot cheaper than buying a new tank, and unless you spend a lot more money than the IBtank, you aren't going to find something any better quality.

IBtanked also does custom glass tubes as per your measurements, and they have a section of glass for popular carto tanks. You could find a plastic carto tank you like and see if IBtanked has glass for it.

Honestly IBtanks are the nicest thing you'll get in the price range, quality wise at least.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
IBtanked sells new glass. If you broke yours, a replacement is only 5 bucks or so I believe. A lot cheaper than buying a new tank, and unless you spend a lot more money than the IBtank, you aren't going to find something any better quality.

IBtanked also does custom glass tubes as per your measurements, and they have a section of glass for popular carto tanks. You could find a plastic carto tank you like and see if IBtanked has glass for it.

Honestly IBtanks are the nicest thing you'll get in the price range, quality wise at least.

This is a very good point, and I hadn't thought about that. I'm sure the caps are still fine and all you need to do is replace the glass tube. For the price of the SMOK tank, you could order 2 new tubes so you have a spare in case another accident should occur. I have 3 IBTanked tanks and they are what I generally recommend.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Yeah the end caps are the spendy part (especially if you go with stainless) but you know that you have a lifetime supply of cheap glass at your fingertips if need be. The smoktech tanks may be roughly half the cost of the IBtanks, but the IBtanks are much higher quality, and can be kept alive indefinitely with new glass and orings whenever they break or wear out.

There is also some new killer clone on the market that comes with a glass tank. It looks just like a standard Boge or smoktech tank, but is (apparently) glass. This is not the smoktech killer clone, it's some other (more authentic) clone out of China. This is something you could look into if you want a cheap glass tank, I can't remember where I've seen it though.

There are also the Prive clone tanks that are super cheap and look awesome, I think IBtank sells Prive glass so you could switch the plastic tank out. Might want to make sure the clone and real Prive have the same dimensions for glass.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
AGR Tank - Stainless

You should be able to find this one somewhere. It's a sturdy glass carto-tank that takes regular sized cartos.

And there are 2 Boge's that take the regular sized carto's. They look much like the DCT's---but in different sizes. The codes are F15, F16, F17, but I don't recall the details of each size. Nice inexpensive tanks, but not glass.

Last edited:

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
Maybe something like this would fit your budget and be aesthetically pleasing:
Smoktech Pyrex (glass) DCT Tank - 3.5ml - Red

He has other colors too, but they're currently out of stock. Personally, I like the red one in the picture.

DiscountVapers.com_smoktech_dct_pyrex__96778.1371997527.1280.1280.jpg

I agree 100% with this, but I would add that I am also a fan of the artemas locking dct. It's not glass, but it looks pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread