Cool Mist recipe change or what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporClouds

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Bethel Island, CA
Alot of you know me, i post here alot. And as you know i pretty much vape Halo hardware and ejuice exclusively. Ive got 5 Halo juices i keep in rotation. Cool Mist, Subzero, Southern Classic, Belgian Cocoa and Kringles Curse. Ive been a huge fan of Cool Mist for a long time now, i feel it is just a nice refreshing menthol and it pretty much is my main all day vape. Ive always kept my Halo ejuice stocked that way my juice is always steeped. (i follow the caps off for 24 hours and than shake every day for a week before vaping method.)
Right now i have 4 bottles of Cool Mist and two of wich are steeping.

Anyways ill cut to the chase....i recently received my latest batch of Cool Mist.
I opened the bottle brand new to begin steeping and as you can see it is the same color as Subzero. But heres the odd thing, Subzero has a very strong smell to it. But this Cool Mist still smells like Cool Mist, its just not clear like it always usually is.
Im not really complaining because if it still has the Cool Mist flavor than ill just stick with it, i havent tried it yet because i cant stand unsteeped Halo juice. Also i wanted to ask if perhaps the recipe may have changed?
odd colored cool mist.jpg From Left to right: Subzero, Pink colored Cool Mist , Clear Cool Mist. (its always been clear)

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Good question.

If it still smells the same, it should taste the same. Some juices darken with time. Doesn't Southern Classic do that too? Mine darkens, in my tank, but not in the bottle.

edit: lower nic changes the color, but your labels show they're the same. I just got Tribeca @0 and surprised to see it was completely clear!

Last edited:

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi Vapor Clouds,

As BigBen mentions, nic level makes a difference in the color but it seems yours are the same. Steep time also makes a difference and if you browse around our sub forum, you can find I mention a few times that we have a range of acceptable steep times in our large batches and if we get low on a flavor sometimes we need to bottle a batch at the sooner end of that range rather than the later end. A few days of steeping in your 30ml bottle usually does the trick and all is well. In the meantime, please contact CS and let them know your batch number so they can look into it just to make sure that is the case and there isn't some other kind of an issue. Please feel free to PM me your ticket number and i will be happy to follow up with CS as well to make sure this gets taken care of. Hope that helps!

Alot of you know me, i post here alot. And as you know i pretty much vape Halo hardware and ejuice exclusively. Ive got 5 Halo juices i keep in rotation. Cool Mist, Subzero, Southern Classic, Belgian Cocoa and Kringles Curse. Ive been a huge fan of Cool Mist for a long time now, i feel it is just a nice refreshing menthol and it pretty much is my main all day vape. Ive always kept my Halo ejuice stocked that way my juice is always steeped. (i follow the caps off for 24 hours and than shake every day for a week before vaping method.)
Right now i have 4 bottles of Cool Mist and two of wich are steeping.

Anyways ill cut to the chase....i recently received my latest batch of Cool Mist.
I opened the bottle brand new to begin steeping and as you can see it is the same color as Subzero. But heres the odd thing, Subzero has a very strong smell to it. But this Cool Mist still smells like Cool Mist, its just not clear like it always usually is.
Im not really complaining because if it still has the Cool Mist flavor than ill just stick with it, i havent tried it yet because i cant stand unsteeped Halo juice. Also i wanted to ask if perhaps the recipe may have changed?
View attachment 243866 From Left to right: Subzero, Pink colored Cool Mist , Clear Cool Mist. (its always been clear)

VaporClouds

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Bethel Island, CA
Hi Vapor Clouds,

As BigBen mentions, nic level makes a difference in the color but it seems yours are the same. Steep time also makes a difference and if you browse around our sub forum, you can find I mention a few times that we have a range of acceptable steep times in our large batches and if we get low on a flavor sometimes we need to bottle a batch at the sooner end of that range rather than the later end. A few days of steeping in your 30ml bottle usually does the trick and all is well. In the meantime, please contact CS and let them know your batch number so they can look into it just to make sure that is the case and there isn't some other kind of an issue. Please feel free to PM me your ticket number and i will be happy to follow up with CS as well to make sure this gets taken care of. Hope that helps!

Ive been using the Cool Mist long enough that i know its not a steeping issue. Even after 3 months Cool Mist is always clear, i appreciate your response, i think im just gonna keep it and vape it anyways because i tested it and it still tastes like cool mist and smells like cool mist. I just thought it was weird that it was pink this time thats all. Im not complaining just sharing an odd experience. I know halo would take care of me because they have in the past, but ill just leave it as an anamoly lol hey it seems fine to me.

P.S. And thanks again for the responses i know you guys do a great job with customer service

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread