Cool Random Encounter in New Orleans (at Robert's Market on Claiborne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
So, I just had to share this...

I just got back from a work trip to New Orleans. I was installing new credit-card readers at Robert's Fresh Market on Claiborne (I work on cash registers). Anyway, some guy in one of the lines says, "so what model ecig are YOU using?" with a smile. I'd been "chain-vaping" the whole time I was working, since I was there for 15 hours straight on 3 hours of sleep... so the nic was helping me stay "peppy". I think he first noticed my passthrough sitting on the grocery lane I had commandeered to get my programming tasks done, and then saw me with my Precise. So I showed him my Precise P10, he showed me his K-Go, and I had a few minutes free, so we got to talking equipment and vaping and all that. Talking cartos, he said he'd been wanting to try one of the Boge 2 ohms, and I said, "c'mon out to the truck"....

So I gave him one to try out. We started talking DIY juice (which he's thinking of starting), and I gave him a 3ml bottle of my 21mg homemade spearmint. I showed him my Indulgence, and my 510 passthrough with solar-powered charging cell rig. He took his groceries home.

Awhile later he came back in and gave me one of his 1.7 ohm cartos to try, and said "love the spearmint, I dripped it already!"

My point is, here are two total strangers giving each other samples and advice and trading supplier addresses... just because us vapers (especially ones with the COOL toys) are such a small, small segment of the population. The only sad part is, we got so caught up in talking "shop", we never formally introduced ourselves!

So.... "Dude".... whomever... you said you started lurking on ECF. Message me if you see this, I'll send you some recipes & mod pics & stuff...

Everyone else... keep your eyes open... you just might meet someone who'll give you a sample or two :)

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Love it! Vapers in the wild :) Sweet!

Yeah, it was kinda like when a 'brother' notices my Masonic ring... like vapers are part of a club with a Secret Handshake (tm). Way cool. I hope "Dude" sees this, because, like I said, I was pretty shy on sleep at the time... and I can't remember where he said he got this carto he gave me.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
...pretty darn cool...vapers in the wild...lol...those 1.7 cartos, if single coil and longer than a Boge, try crystalclearvaping.com for their "Resurrectors"...they are built by SmokTek and called REjuvenators(by them) and are sold at hoosierecigsupply and MadVapes amongst others............
madjack:2cool:

That's It!!! Thanks, madjack. He called 'em Resurrectors, and I remember CrystalClear coming up in the convo. Thanks!!!

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Neat story hiram !

Thanks, Classwife. Yeah, it was pretty neat. Having a horrible night at work, and all of a sudden a random vaper makes my day. I was stuck there until 1:20 am getting everything working, but meeting "dude" and getting that break to talk & share vaping... well, it made it easier. I just wish I'd been un-fuzzy-headed enough to get his email.

MitchellBeans

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Heh ... this dude at a club I was playing at was vaping a very very distressed looking 510. Paint flaked off all over it. I glanced over a few times and the snacks came out and were placed near him, so I went over to get some. Asked him "You use ecigs huh?" and he responded in kind. Plunked out my 1000mAh eGo setup. His jaw dropped. I gave him the URL to this website and cignot. Dude probably doesn't have to carry 5 batteries on him if he followed my advice!

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Great story brother! Wish I had one of those "cool" toys, but my plain ol' eGo is gettin' along just fine.

Brother? as in.... lodge brother? or should I refer you to getajobyoudamnhippie.org? lol

Tell me, are you a traveling man?

Mostly I'm posting to bump this in hoping that "dude" near Robert's on Claiborne will see it. Oh, and for all you damn Yankees out there... it's New Orleans, and it's a family run grocery that's been there forever. Think French. The name of the place doesn't rhyme with "Bob Hurts", it rhymes with "Grow Hairs".

;)

And it's got an AWESOME deli section. I highly recommend you check it out.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Thread spotted. PM sent.

I've read plenty of stories here on ECF about vapers meeting randomly and swapping experiences and/or equipment. Gotta say it's pretty dang cool when it happens. I'm definitely going to have to order one of those solar batteries. Thanks Hiram!

IT'S THE DUDE!!!

Awesome. Happy vaping, dude. Glad you liked the Spearmint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread