Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Coolfire z50 zlide kit is what this review will be all about. Innokin has had several coolfire mods in the past and this is their newest one. The zlide is a tank that I know very well and comes with several kits now. Thank you @Innokin_timmy for sending me this kit for the purpose of this review!

Some specs:

What I got in the box:

1 x Coolfire Z50 Mod
1x Zlide Tank
1 x 1.2 Ω Z Coil (pre-installed)
1 x 0.8 Ω Z Coil
1 x Micro USB Cable
1 x Replacement glass tube
1 x Spare drip tip
1 x Spare o-ring set
1 x Quick Start Guide

As always, very nice packaging from Innokin. On some advertisements I saw that kits also came with a golden drip-tip which looked cool. Unfortunately, mine did not have one.

Review:

Let's start with the Coolfire Z50. A very nice-looking mod, the golden line is a nice finish to it. The body is made of Zinc alloy, but it feels a bit more like hard plastic because of the paint. At least the paint job is done well, have just some barely visible tiny scratches after a week’s use carying it in my pocket and bag. Its cylindrical shape makes it a nice hold. It is quite heavy for such a small mod, but that is due to the large battery.

The circular patterns on the fire button give it a nice feel. All buttons sit will on the mod and do not rattle.

It can take up to a 25mm tank without overhang and just matches with the 24mm Zlide very well. See below a picture what it looks like with the Zeus Sub-ohm, a nice fit. (I know Zeus Sub-ohm coils are rated lowest at 60W, but mkay)

Something quite interesting is that the mod can additionally be completely turned on or off on the bottom of the device, a nice additional safety feature next to the regular 3 clicks on and off.

Screen is large and bright enough to read what needs to be readable. Nothing fancy, just practical. Missing the puff-counter on the main screen though.

Function wise it is minimalistic, which for me is enough for an MTL vape. It's either VW or VV. To access VW hold the fire button and up, for VV hold the fire button and down. Increments for VW are 0.5 which is kind of a pity for an MTL mod, I would expect 0.1 increments for fine-tuning. You can flip the screen when holding the up and down bottom for about 5 secs, quite useful. If you are into TC or high wattage vaping this is not your mod.

The puff-counter is not directly visible on the screen but is shown together with the voltage when holding the up and down button. Would have been nice to see it on the main screen. Also, the puff counter resets whenever I turn off the device with 3 clicks. It does not when turning it off on the bottom of the device. Kind of a glitch in the software I would say, I was never able to tell how many puffs I really took because I simply like turning it off with the fire button. Hope Innokin will fix that with a software update.

2100mAh is a proper battery for such a mod, it will last you quite some time using the Zlide or any other MTL tank, at least a full day for me. Micro-USB is not a con for me normally, but this mod takes some time to charge as it does not have 2A charging, USB C could have increased charging time. A full charge takes around 2,5 hours, which is long. What I am also missing is venting holes for the battery, there is none. You do feel this when using it between 40-50 watts, the device tends to get hot while chain vaping. Also, during charging it is warm, not sure why Innokin did not add venting holes.

Now to the Zlide, a tank I own already since it released and has been on top of any of my mods for the last almost year. It simply is a very good MTL tank with drop in coils.

Very easy to take fully apart and to replace coils. Unfortunately, you cannot replace coils with a full tank like on the Zenith. This is my first 4ml (24mm) zlide and the capacity is just great.

There is coil options (pro), it has 6 coils that are compatible, but to me the oldest one, the 1.6ohm is the best MTL coil I have tried. All coils from Innokin last long (3-4 weeks) and deliver good flavor. I’ve tried the Plex3D, 0.8 ohm, 1.2 ohm and 1.6ohm coil. The Plex3D is the best for flavor and warmer vape, but in my opinion the 1.6ohm coil is the best MTL coil there is. Another good thing is that all these coils are cross compatible with my Innokin tanks and devices.

One thing about Innokin coils, as mentioned they are good, but they are also quite cheap in general compared to their concurrence.

Airflow is great, with its 4 tiny intakes it can be used as tight or loose MTL, I personally like it with just one open, great tight MTL hit. You can get both a very loose and very tight airflow on this tank.

Childproof feature of the drip tip is a nice addition, even for people without children as it blocks the fill port from opening on its own. The drip tips provided are proper MTL drip tips.

Fill port is large enough for most bottles and filling is no messy experience.

If there is any downside to mention on the Zlide is replacing the fill port, you need to have a good screwdriver to get those small screws out, but on the other hand not many tanks have the possibility to replace fill port rubbers.

Conclusion:

The Perfect Fit? (as Innokin says). Yes, for some people. For those that are looking for something that just vapes really well MTL wise this is the perfect fit. It is a great kit that falls kind of in between a pen-style or pod and an external battery mod. It looks great, is simplistic and easy in use. You also have a bit of flexibility since still you can use it for a single coil DTL tank or low-wattage DTL mesh coils.

Coolfire z50 does need a software update in my opinion to fix the issue with the puff-counter and to also enable 0.1w increments.

This kit is highly recommended by me for people that are looking for a kit to stop smoking regular cigarettes. The airflow on the Zlide really allows to imitate the draw of a cigarette and provides good flavor. Also, for fanatic vapers it’s a nice additional MTL kit for on the go.

Pro’s:

- Proper built quality
- Design, its a beauty
- Ergonomically
- It is small and portable
- Simplistic, nothing fancy
- Buttons feel nice
- 2100 mAh battery
- Ability to completely turn off device
- Takes up to 25mm tank
- Fires up to 50W
- Zlide is just a good tank
- Airflow options
- Comfortable drip-tips
- Child lock feature
- Easy top-fill
- Possibility to replace rubber gasket (fill port)

Con’s:

- 0.5 increments, should have been 0.1
- Puff-counter resets when turning off with fire button
- Micro-USB
- Takes long to charge
- No battery venting holes

Thank you for taking your time to read my review Any questions, let me know!

SP013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread