Copenhagen Snuff User. Need Strong Snus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Can someone point me in the right direction? Have read posts etc. Lurking in here awhile. Have tried Marlboro and Camel Snus, but it does not keep me off the cigs. Smoking a packs of Camel Filters a day and going through half tin of Copenhagen a day. vaping has not been working for me. On days I dont smoke go through a tin a day. Anyone else been in that spot? Need to quit both. Ideas on something that packs a punch? Thanks.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was never really a dipper. I experimented with chew when I was younger but never took to it. I went from smoking to ecigs and then ecigs, snus, and snuff. I recently tried a new extra strong portion that the smell of it reminded me of some type of dip that I had tried before. It's nick and johnny crushed ice. It's 15mg nic content where the camel and marlboro are probably around seven or eight I would guess. If you put in an order it would be worthwhile to look thru the extra stark(strong) ones and try a few different ones.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    For A copenhagen dipper, I would recommend at least Grov Black as far as strength. It's 12mg. If you're looking for more of a kick, Thunder original. They are both plain tobacco flavors. The smell's kind of remind me of copenhagen.If you want to try some of the flavored one's, then look at the strong and extra strong portions. No matter what you try though, keep in mind the delivery is kind of the same, but not. There is a difference between dip and snus that has to be taken into account. Stubby should be along soon with a link to a thread on another forum specifically for dippers who want to make the switch to snus that explains it better than I can.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    This is a thread on snus for dippers over at the snus on forum

Dipper's Guide to Snus

I started with camel SNUS but was unable to quit smoking until I started using Swedish snus. Even the standard 8 mg Swedish snus is significantly better then camel or Marlboro snus. Of course there is lots of stronger stuff out there. Odens makes extreme snus that tops out at 22 mg. I wouldn't touch the stuff myself but some folks really like it.

One thing to keep in mind when trying to switch from dip to snus is to not try and replicate dip. Snus is snus and dip is dip and each have there own characteristics. Almost everyone who makes the switch ends up liking snus more then dip, but there is a transition period. Take snus for what it is. There is plenty enough nicotine if you get away from the american candy snus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread