Correct TCR for P4U products for 316, non L?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi there..

does anyone know the correct TCR for pioneer 4 u products for 316 SS?

The 0.88 setting is way out, and as Daniel from DJLSB vapes shows, for L, he always gets the most accurate vape between 0.00108 to 0.00115 depending on the device.. for example, with the IPV400 it's 0.00115 and for the 6X, 108.

The issue is here, that Daniel never tests just 316 which is slightly different. does anyone with a 6X or 400 or an 8, know the best TCR for non L 316? I want to tootle joyetech 0.6 ohm and 1 ohm coils in TC mode, and they are 316.

Much appreciated.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Correct tcr is the .0088 to .0095 or so..... but the the setting I use is .07 (70-75) on my pico.... just works better.

I started with the 89 setting as recommended by coil building calculator. Then via trial and error found what I like best...

Fact Is there are no firm setting to get a good vape..... what works for me might not work for you..... don't get hung up on what the screen says...... go mostly by how you like the vape.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Sorry my bad, i explained it wrong. i do know the correct values for each wire, but the P4U stuff doesn't work well with them, hence i was asking if someone using either of those devices had nailed the TCR for ss316.. As i said Daniel nailed it for 316L but i wonder how different the non L would be.. logic would say that the 316 tcr would just be a bit lower relatively, yes? Not that it really matters now, as i missed the sale anyway, so i'm over it. I wanted a cheap beater mod with a yihi chip that i DO dare to take out with me unlike my two expensive ones. No matter, i will keep my eyes out.

Reactions: David Wolf

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Sorry my bad, i explained it wrong. i do know the correct values for each wire, but the P4U stuff doesn't work well with them, hence i was asking if someone using either of those devices had nailed the TCR for ss316.. As i said Daniel nailed it for 316L but i wonder how different the non L would be.. logic would say that the 316 tcr would just be a bit lower relatively, yes? Not that it really matters now, as i missed the sale anyway, so i'm over it. I wanted a cheap beater mod with a yihi chip that i DO dare to take out with me unlike my two expensive ones. No matter, i will keep my eyes out.
You are correct. .. Problem come when you realize that flavor and cloud production is subjective and defies logic simetimes.....

Scientifically ypu are correct.... those scientific values give you a starting point... to use from which you tune the vape to YOUR preference. ... the numbers on the screen dint m tater till you find what you want... they give you the ability to repeat the process with less trial and error in future.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
316L is 0.00092, 316 is 0.000915 from what I've read, if anyone has a mod that those two settings make a difference in your vape I want it haha. Use the same setting you want for either 316 or 316L and you won't know the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vesh

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
ok on daniel's site he has 316 at 0.00088 and 316L at 0.00092
but regardless, those settings do not work with p4u devices, not even close.
Steam Engine might be right. You can find different TCR settings at different sites unfortunately. Steam Engine has .000880 for SS316, .000879 SS316L/Elite and .00094 for 317L/Haywire. [corrected] DJLsbVapes has the values I listed in my earlier post, essentially reversed.
SS316L: 0.00092
SS316: 0.000915
SS317L: 0.00088
SS317: 0.000875
Vaping Wires TCR and Explanation
This site has specific settings recommended for a Joytech mod, "92" for SS316 or SS316L, "94" for SS317L. TCR settings for Temp Control on Joyetech mods SS / Ti
I wouldn't be surprised if the actual TCR for the specific wire I'm vaping from Temco or anywhere else doesn't match any of those TCR values :D
Also (and I'm still learning this stuff), the TCR can vary due to the manufacturers specific alloy percentages, and TCR varies with temperature, so using an average TCR it appears. (Which makes me see the value in using TFR settings if your mod allows). Now here's a great thread on the forum on TCR:
The Ultimate TCR List
I understand what you're saying about drastically different recommended settings based on testing of your specific device, I have a similar situation with my Eleaf Istick Pico, I'm running it TCR at 80 (0.00080) right now for SS316L based on a youtube video thermocouple test and my own testing with a thermocouple. But you can use a recommended setting for 316L for your p4u device using 316 or vice versa is what I was trying to say :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vesh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread