Corrosive Juices and Tanks with Rubber Gaskets Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
I been surfing juice websites and noticed a warning of using many juices with plastic tanks.

Ok I understand....but.....

I read a lot of reviews where they said they had a glass tank and it still destroyed their glass tanks because they
had rubber gaskets.

So how do you get around that..are there glass tanks that don't have any rubber parts that will not get corrosive ?

JoeyOne306

Mar 6, 2011
miami
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: spamming for post count

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Thanks Bikerbeagle !

Most tanks come with extra o-rings, or you are provided the option of ordering extra, or you can order them from the same vendor later.

The juice would have to be pretty caustic stuff to eat through silicon, but I suppose it is possible ...even if only over a period of time.

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
Hi Gerick,I had a problem,with the ce4s,as I like cinnamon and citrus flavors. I bought the Texas tuff tank,7.99 and have had no problem and I have had them for 6-7 months. I bought xtra gaskets,but have yet to use them. You can get them from Vape Dudes,or the maker,at Valley vapes. I love these tanks,as the flavor is awesome. I use the standard resistant Carto from Boge. valley vapes,has all the replacement parts,for the tank and I have a little bag with the gromets and rubber-silicone gaskets but have yet to use them.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Thanks James, I will look into the Texas Tuff Tank .

Hi Gerick,I had a problem,with the ce4s,as I like cinnamon and citrus flavors. I bought the Texas tuff tank,7.99 and have had no problem and I have had them for 6-7 months. I bought xtra gaskets,but have yet to use them. You can get them from Vape Dudes,or the maker,at Valley vapes. I love these tanks,as the flavor is awesome. I use the standard resistant Carto from Boge. valley vapes,has all the replacement parts,for the tank and I have a little bag with the gromets and rubber-silicone gaskets but have yet to use them.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
One of my favorite juices is Midas Glacial Inferno. I've found that it doesn't eat the "O" rings, it swells them, so when it comes time to fill the tank, it's a pita to move anything held together with them. I've since moved away from tanks and carto's and have gone to rba's so I just have an atomizer set up for that specific juice that I don't pull apart too often. If you run the tank dry, and let it soak in warm water for a bit (over night) they'll shrink back down.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If the chemical breaks down plastic, what is it doing to our lungs?
No one can say for certain that it does anything to our lungs. The phenomenon is simply a reaction of certain flavor components having a chemical reaction to a specific kind of plastic - polycarbonate. The molecules of these certain flavors chemically bind to certain molecules of the polycarbonate. As more and more bonds between the two happen, the plastic's mechanical structure breaks down and results in cracking or melting the plastic. These flavors do nothing like this to our lungs.

Another anology would be this. Most people drink soda pop and have no issues with their stomach. Many people apply soda pop to the corrosive buildup on their car battery terminals to remove it. That is an example of certain substances having specific reactions to each other, and not with others.

There's more information on this subject in this blog article that I wrote: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread