Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I've been using this cotton for a couple weeks that I picked up from the b&m bc we ran out of koh gen do pads which we've used for like, ever. till now I thought I was doing something wrong bc it's harder to judge how much you're using with these strips than the pads, but flavors been off/on... A few times flavor has been really good but a lot of the time, like rn the flavor is extremely muted.

This is the stuff
632e349aea6003230c01f6b0dc913455.jpg

e73c362102386ce3c17b086f4f75c2b8.jpg

It's like that in both of my atty's the (rose and ubertoot). My gf uses a kayfun but she lets her .... get so nasty I doubt she even noticed... I figured maybe I'm just used to the pads and am doing this wrong or something. (too much/not enough, though I've felt like I've tried both)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Right now it tastes like a sweaty flannel shirt.
I've never liked the wad o cotton types of wicking material.

With a 2.5mm diameter coil, I cut ko gen do to a width of 7.5mm. Then I lightly peel both sides, fluff, and roll gently. I am then able to pull it thru the coil with very very very light resistance.

Perhaps, you are using too much?

Jim

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
I don't have a muted flavour from Cotton Bacon V2, it still takes a little while to break in, maybe 10-15 minutes. I find it the cleanest cotton I've used though and have about 8-packets stored up. It doesn't give off a burnt taste like cotton does but there's a hint of something different in the background when it dry hits. Just be sure to let it soak properly before firing up the wattage. I usually take little draws for 10 minutes until that cottons fully wicking well (especially with an RTA)

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
My two cents. Might simply be using less 'Bacon' than KGD. Any "change" in your setup usually results in a different "taste". I notice that even simply changing the wick with the same cotton (often using a little more/less cotton) can subtly but noticeably change the flavor strength. Airflow, wick surface area, wick consistency, temp, all affect the amount of vapor and hence the taste.

I recently tried ceramic coils and WHOA what a difference!

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
i tried them as i ended up with a pair with the two pro tanks we got... while the flavour was good in the ceramics, they ran way hotter than my preference and the tank was getting way too hot.
I noticed that too. Managed to break it in and get it to vape decently at 25 watts, so it doesn't get too hot now. I have a larger sized tank and I feel its base acts as a better heat sink than the smaller tanks I own.

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
pro tanks are 5ml... but they are taller rather than wide, still being 22mm... could be partly why they got so hot, plus the metal sides. either way too hot, like too hot to touch after a few of my style of puffs.
The one I'm using the ceramics in is the KangerTech Subtank Plus 7ml with the 25mm base...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread