Cotton drippers opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I've been dripping for awhile using a cotton wick and i love it. My question for those with more experience in this is how many flavors will you use on a single wick? I constantly change flavors and dripping is great for that, but after the first couple hits, on a dif flavor, it starts to get a mixed taste. Sometimes that's great other times not so much. Ie I'm curious if there's a general guideline on this.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Not sure what dripper you use but with my little Igo-s I just pop the top off and run some tap water over the coil and wick then gently soak up the water with a paper towel. Works like a charm when you're in a hurry and don't want to mess around with a new cotton wick. Although making a new wick is almost just as fast. LOL The only draw back is if your coil is already gunked up from a previous juice. Then your new juice might be a little off.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
It really depends on the size of the wick, though if it's a small wick fitted through a 1/16" micro-coil, I'll normally just dry burn until the coils just begin to glow, stop, repeat and then drip the new flavor. Since a number of the flavors I vape, right now, are similar (vanilla's, custards, caramels and light tobaccos), it's not a major issue. The only time I have to change the wick is if I switch to fruit.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I'm ocd..I change cotton every time, and will even rinse off remaining liquid on deck. I mainly use drippers when trying new flavors, or when I don't have time to load a tank of the flavor I want.
I do the same here to a T. Except I use drippers when ever I'm home. But really it only takes a few minutes at most. That's what I love about cotton. Just pull it out, quick rinse of the deck, pop a new wick in. The more you do it the faster it will go.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
The Peaches and Cream cotton yarn works good for doing a quick wick change. Cut some pieces to your desired length and place in a small plastic bag to carry with you when out of the house. If you wind your coil with a .075 ID, the yarn will fit perfectly without having to remove any threads from it. Just pull out the old wick, do a quick dry burn, wipe off any remaining juice from the deck and insert new wick.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The Peaches and Cream cotton yarn works good for doing a quick wick change. Cut some pieces to your desired length and place in a small plastic bag to carry with you when out of the house. If you wind your coil with a .075 ID, the yarn will fit perfectly without having to remove any threads from it. Just pull out the old wick, do a quick dry burn, wipe off any remaining juice from the deck and insert new wick.

I like that idea of the .075 ID. I have one dripper, an Omega, and a couple of Kayfuns which I have been using a #44 drill bit to wind coils on. The #44 is .086. A doubled piece of P&C yarn slides through with just the right amount of tension. I bend a piece of kanthal into a V, and use it to pull the doubled piece of yarn through the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread