Cotton wick tastely really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

treyalexjohn

Dec 5, 2013
Houma, La
I make my wick to where it fits in the coil not too tight or too loose. Just enough to where there's some resistance when pulling it through but not too much to move the coil out of place or bend it. I also add a SMALL flavor wick on top and take off the silicone or whatever grommet that goes on top the "chimney" of the head and I have no problems with leaking or flooding and it wicks nicely to where I never get a dry burn. I've been using this wick for about a week with no issues.

make sure to saturate the cotton with juice before firing the coil or putting the stem back on the atomizer head. and it will taste like cotton for about 2 to 5 hits depending on your coil. Also, make sure you use organic cotton. You can boil or not, I always do (dry with a hair dryer if you need it now, not recommended, as I air dry overnight, after squeezing water out) It will still work good as long as you get that baby nice and wet b4 you have a vape, much like a woman. LOL

also I forgot to say use the least amount of cotton you can, make sure you can pull it one way or the other through the coil with out it getting stuck, it can choke it out and you will get a "death hit" mine is just enough to touch but not enough to get stuck pulling though. you can puff the ends up after the middle of the coil is not too tight. cotton expands when wet so keep that in mind. Good luck, I miss my protank every now in then, but moved on to dripping.

VIAWOL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Rogersville, TN
I noticed the same thing almost. I just started rebuilding my protank and at first I was very disappointed with cotton. Everyone had it talked up to be the cat's meow but when I swapped out the silica for cotton I had plenty vapor but Zero flavor! I was quite confused. Since I was so disappointed I set it down and vaped off my stock nova for the rest of the day. The next morning I have it another try and Wow! It was one of those "rays of light" moment. Lol, I guess it just needed a good long sit.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread