The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cough Syrup Flavorings

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by ToweKnee, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ToweKnee

ToweKnee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Has anyone tried the cough syrup flavorings from your local pharmacist? Was wondering if these would work as well. Was just a thought in my head when picking up some for my wife. I never knew they offered so many different ones now. Of course being a DIY this idea got into my head but Im sure its not a new idea here either. So anyone ever try it?

2. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    The only cough syrup I have is TPA Black Cherry...:D. Seriously, I believe that they would't be vapeable considering they probably contain sugar, and other additives. Also I doubt if they would be strong enough.

3. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    NW OH, US
    I did read a post here somewhere (did a search and can't find it, sorry :( ) where someone asked their pharmacist about where to find pg/vg I think and got into a discussion with them about pv's. The pharmacist ended up giving them a bunch of flavoring for childrens' medication...
    Only time I've ever even heard of the stuff.

4. ToweKnee

ToweKnee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2011
    Chicago
    Well I think asking wouldnt hurt. Keep this in mind next time I go back.

5. panachronic

panachronic Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    WA
    I made some juice with that flavor (TPA Black Cherry). I didn't get what I was trying for, and I call the result "Robitussin Mist".

6. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    Absolutely. The only flavor I could make was cough drop, with menthol and eucalyptus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.