Could eating peppers prevent Parkinson's? Dietary nicotine may hold protective key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Could eating peppers prevent Parkinson's? Dietary nicotine may hold protective key

New research reveals that Solanaceae -- a flowering plant family with some species producing foods that are edible sources of nicotine -- may provide a protective effect against Parkinson's disease. The study suggests that eating foods that contain even a small amount of nicotine, such as peppers and tomatoes, may reduce risk of developing Parkinson's.
lXmrShHrGJM

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Parkinson's isn't the only one. I was nine years old when I figured out that if I stole one of my dads cigarettes I could make the throat ticks go away. (Tourette's syndrome)
    The hate for tobacco is so strong that science still hasn't bothered to figure out WHY while the patch doesn't seem to be effective for controlling Tourette's, inhaled nicotine does.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Florida
    Layman's perspective:
    The patch will cause nicotine to be absorbed into your bloodstream affecting the path of absorption on the way.
    So... Upper epidermis through to the bloodstream will affect the nerve endings on the way.
    Inhaled nicotine would ALSO affect the path of absorption, including the nerves around the throat and lungs.
    So... If your tics are calmed by inhaling instead of using the patch -
    Inhale.
    ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread