Could fake e-juices be unhealthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I live in Iran, and almost everything is fake here (partially thanks to the US sanctions). Could fake juices be possibly unhealthy? If someone is trying to make a fake juice, all they would care is to make the production cost minimal. Is there anything cheaper than VG and PG that they could use instead or dilute it with? What about flavors and sweeteners. Are there unhealthy flavors and sweeteners?

upload_2018-5-31_17-35-55.png

This is the cheapest available juice, less than 1$. You can't find it on their site: RITCHY US Webshop

Reactions: Beamslider

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I live in Iran, and almost everything is fake here (partially thanks to the US sanctions). Could fake juices be possibly unhealthy? If someone is trying to make a fake juice, all they would care is to make the production cost minimal. Is there anything cheaper than VG and PG that they could use instead or dilute it with? What about flavors and sweeteners. Are there unhealthy flavors and sweeteners?

View attachment 745657

This is the cheapest available juice, less than 1$. You can't find it on their site: RITCHY US Webshop
    Yes, fake juice may be unhealthy.
    Just wondering if your countrymen are still running around chanting "Death to America", and burning our flag?
    Is this just fake news stories we see?

Last edited:
    • Disagree
    Reactions: Skeebo

Asmani

May 18, 2018
    Iran
    Yes, fake juice may be unhealthy.
    Just wondering if your countrymen are still running around chanting "Death to America", and burning our flag?
    Is this just fake news stories we see?
    There is a shrinking minority (maybe 5%?) who support that "Death to America" mantra. The Iranian regime's media depicts that minority to be the big majority. Iranians mostly love and praise the US, but ofc not Trump! If you're interested we can exchange ideas somewhere else.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    There is a shrinking minority (maybe 5%?) who support that "Death to America" mantra. The Iranian regime's media depicts that minority to be the big majority. Iranians mostly love and praise the US, but ofc not Trump! If you're interested we can exchange ideas somewhere else.

I don't recommend the outside.

At any rate.. there is no such thing as "fake" ejuice.

E juice is made up of four basic ingredients. VG (vegetable glycerin) PG (polypropylene glycol) Nicotine (suspended in either PG or VG) and flavorings. (Of course the flavorings category can be two or three or more flavorings and sweetener in a recipe, but normally not more than 20% of a mix and often around 8% total)

Even top of the line ingredients are very inexpensive per ml of finished product. Ejuice is simply not expensive to make. Most of us here make our own because of it.

That said, you can get low quality VG, PG, Nicotine, or flavorings just as easily as you can get high quality - however price doesn't always reflect what the quality of ingredients happens to be.

You could buy expensive factory made ejuice that is made with low quality ingredients just as easily as you can get inexpensive factory made juice made with high quality ingredients.

The reason for that is because it's so cheap to make ejuice, and if you buy ingredients in bulk it just gets cheaper and cheaper, even with good ingredients.

There is no real way to know if your factory made ejuice is made with good quality ingredients. You might be able to taste the difference in some extreme cases, and in other cases not.

Best bet is usually go with a company who is neither the cheapest nor the most expensive - the middle of the road is always the best place to be. It's usually the best quality.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    If it's eliquid and it vapes, I don't know if I'd call it "fake' juice, it may be poor quality certainly, but it's not "fake." If shops are selling it under another brand of juice (it doesn't sound like it) it's not "cloned" juice either where they maker is trying to create a similar vape.

Given the cost, well, it's certainly possible that it has subpar ingredients in it, or is not created in a true clean room and etc. I would probably concur with Opinionated, and say that you get what you pay for, so searching for juices that seem of better quality and to taste better would probably be the way to go.

If importation is not legal in your country, you may have to work with the best you have available, but I certainly wouldn't purchase one dollar juice (not on sale, not from a manufacturer I didn't know) and expect it to be fantastic and ambrosia and etc.

I'd suggest trying some different options until you find some things you feel fairly confident it, unless you want to get into DIY juice, where you have control over your own ingredients. I don't know if that's possible where you are, but if so, raw materials would need to have whatever your equivalent of "pharma grade" is in the US.

Best of luck, I hope you can find some juices that worry you less.

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Do you have access to purchase of VG, PG, Nicotine base and flavorings? If so might be a better long range solution for you than buying fake bottles of ejuice. It might take awhile to come up with recipes you like but certainly better control of what you are vaping.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    If it's eliquid and it vapes, I don't know if I'd call it "fake' juice, it may be poor quality certainly, but it's not "fake." If shops are selling it under another brand of juice (it doesn't sound like it) it's not "cloned" juice either where they maker is trying to create a similar vape.

Given the cost, well, it's certainly possible that it has subpar ingredients in it, or is not created in a true clean room and etc. I would probably concur with Opinionated, and say that you get what you pay for, so searching for juices that seem of better quality and to taste better would probably be the way to go.

If importation is not legal in your country, you may have to work with the best you have available, but I certainly wouldn't purchase one dollar juice (not on sale, not from a manufacturer I didn't know) and expect it to be fantastic and ambrosia and etc.

I'd suggest trying some different options until you find some things you feel fairly confident it, unless you want to get into DIY juice, where you have control over your own ingredients. I don't know if that's possible where you are, but if so, raw materials would need to have whatever your equivalent of "pharma grade" is in the US.

Best of luck, I hope you can find some juices that worry you less.

Anna

Lol.. I've actually purchased 1 dollar ejuice before.. wasn't bad actually! It had to breathe for 3 days but after that was pretty awesome!

Hahaha.. yes.. I've been a cheapskate and a tightwad, I cannot help it, it's in my blood. Perhaps there is a support group for that?

Hahaha..

RedBullBabe

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Ireland.
    You're actually getting a bargain at $1 then, because most shops that aren't vape shops that carry the brand Liqua, here (Ireland), charge either €4.50 or €5.00 for a 10ml bottle. Like newsagents, grocery stores, petrol stations, homeware store etc.

€4.50-€5.00 = $5.23-$5.82

The Liqua brand itself isn't fake E-Liquid. Shelved next to the likes of Diamond Mist and Pure Mist.

The few flavours I have tried of there's however, well, I didn't like them at all. They just didn't taste like the flavour, or weren't a nice version of it. I found the other two brands I mentioned the same, price and taste wise.

They are the usual brands here that smokers trying vaping for the first time tend to get pushed towards. I've found most, because they think all E-Liquid tastes that bad, don't stick with it for longer than a few days and just go back to smoking without trying vaping again.

RedBullBabe

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Ireland.
    Still a bargain! In vape shops here, 60ml (shortfills) tend to run at €20-€30 on average. That's from looking around myself.

I have a feeling, that what ever product you post, is going to work out costing less for you than if someone in Ireland, at least, would be to purchase it. From my point of view, I should be the one complaining, not you. Ha ha!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I'm liking this juice:

View attachment 745995

Not overly sweet. Costed me 25$! :(

Glad you found some you liked.. :)

As for price, that's high, but not unheard of (if you were here.. ).. hitting sales (if you can find them there) will help bring the price down..

Also, you can see if there are different brands that are a bit cheaper.. might find the middle of the road priced ejuice to be pleasant,..

Asmani

May 18, 2018
    Iran
    Still a bargain! In vape shops here, 60ml (shortfills) tend to run at €20-€30 on average. That's from looking around myself.

I have a feeling, that what ever product you post, is going to work out costing less for you than if someone in Ireland, at least, would be to purchase it. From my point of view, I should be the one complaining, not you. Ha ha!
    I should mention that they sell pack of 5 cCells for 50$, while it is 14$ in online shops. We don't have access to international online shops in Iran. Prices are unregulated here. The only legal shop in Iran sells Smok GPriv 2 Luxe Edition for 250$.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread