Could someone please guide (help) me on juice flavor loss??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulka

Apr 19, 2017
Hi I started vaping on March 4th so a month and a half ago. After about a month I noticed that my favorite flavor (tobacco) lost it's flavor so I went on the web and found out about the 'vapor's tongue' so i did switch my juices on a daily basis and it kind of didn't help. So i got more flavors about 2 weeks ago and i vaped them, 4 flavors a day, for 1 1/2 week. And yesterday i tried my tobacco flavor (for the first time after about 2 weeks) again and it didn't help at all, i would even say that it got "worse". Now i had to sign up to a forum like this because when i woke up this morning and went outside for a quick vape, I literally felt/tasted like I'm smoking concentrated sugar. I cleaned my tank inside and out and the coil was replaced just a week ago so im sure its not the vape apparatus. Now when i got these new flavors i also noticed (although new and never tasted them) that i get about 40% of the flavor and the rest is this accursed "sugar" flavor in each bottle. So i really think that i am not suffering from 'vapor's tongue' but total loss of flavor because i used juices for the past 1 and a half months, and my mouth doesn't have a problem with using just one flavor but is accustomed to juices, as that's why (i think) i get that sugary taste in each of them. At least i think so, im REALLY new to this, please help.

kulka

Apr 19, 2017
I just want to add/say that the 3 juices that I bought the first day I got my vape tasted really good for about 3 weeks so im sure it's not the juices itself. I now have 6 different flavors and they all have this flavor loss and sugary taste, no matter how much I switch between them or, like with the tabacco flavor, I stop using it all together for a week+. I also read on your forum/s that people shake their juices, which I never did, but I really think its not the juice but the 'flavor loss', so I will try to shake them and see what happens. Does shaking them help a lot?

kulka

Apr 19, 2017
yes I do have another new coil but I really don't think it's the coil as I change it a week ago and the new flavors that I bought tasted about 40% or what I experienced with my first 3 juices a month+ ago. Its my 3rd coil because when I put my second one on I pressed the power button, by mistake, when I put together everything and that 1 second press burned my new/dry cotton. So I kind of cleaned it (put the coil in HOT water, then alcohol, then soap, and then 3 more times with HOT water, it took me almost the whole day btw, and I let it dry over night) and hoping that I can reuse it in the future. Will that work? will the burnt taste go away? Sorry I got off track, now I do not prep my coil/s with juice but every time I use a new one I just fill the tank and wait at least 30 min. Plus I will try to get a no flavor juice and but I haven't even heard about a thing like that. I will Bing Search that but how can you have no favor? even cigarettes or water stream :))~) have flavor. I appreciate your advice as I am very new to this.. I even panicked when I heard I have to replace and unscrew some coil inside my tank :)~ but I 'popped my cherry' and every thing went smooth/good :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. There could be several things going on here. If any fit you , good, if not, we will continue searching for an answer.

1> Sometimes when starting a new coil, it can take a couple of tank fulls for the flavor to come thru. I still have that will all of my factory made coils.

2> Maybe your taste buds are just finally starting to wake up. Smoking deadens our buds so that it can and does take a while for them to heal once we give up the stinkies.

3> Store bought ejuice always seems to use a lot of sugar in their mixes. Once again, I think they do that because of the taste bud thingy.

4> What watt setting are you using on your device? What are you using?

Can you tell us or link to the type of tank you are using? Some tanks perform better than others(coils again)

5> There is a kind of thing called vapors tongue where you can temp lose the ability to taste. It goes away, but how long it last differs with each person
:)

eta...Once a coil has that burnt taste you may as well discard it....won't come out....sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: mattiem

kulka

Apr 19, 2017
Sugar_and_Spice - don't want you to think that Im 'leaving you hanging' especially that you made some good points. But ill wait 3 more days to give you full answer/s as I kind of don't have a lot of sugary taste today and the flavor went from 40% to about 60% (which to me is an improvement), but on just one of my new juices... so I want to take 3 max 5 days to check out all my juices and see what happens (is happening). BTW good point saying that it might not be (only) the vapors tongue but the taste buds, after almost 2 months, "improved" (I smoked for 10 years and I TOTALY quit the first time I used my Vape :)) as I can totally see something like this happening and even read about this back when
I was searching why my vape juice lost flavor.

Oh and here's a quick link to my Vape and I smoke on 55 watts. I got the black one and you can see what type of tank im using if you scroll down a little. Thanks again for your and your guys help.

G320 Kit - The Powerful Marshal - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @kulka and I hope you enjoy your stay.

If it is vapers tongue I have found that Lemon flavored water or sorbet helps wake up the taste buds OR eating a pickle or some fresh pineapple.

I have also found that some e-Liquids do not like to be vaped at high wattage so you could try lowering to power just a bit to see if it helps. Also ambient air temperature plays a part in a big way.

Hope you find the solution and good luck.

Vape_Authority

Registered Supplier
Apr 4, 2017
www.ejuices.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

kulka

Apr 19, 2017
Sorry it took me so long to answer I really thought I am answering this on the 6th day but it's been 10 sorry. So I kind of came to a conclusion that its a mix of vapers tongue and low quality of juice. But I wouldn't call it vapors tongue as I ve been mixing 6 flavors for past weeks its more of a 'sugar tongue' as the mouth (I think) got use to flavors over all. Am I right? does vapors tongue also describe what I said/experience? As for low quality juices I just bought one high quality juice as I really didn't know what to pick and bought the rest just to try out.
I don't want to take your guys time so I just quickly end this by asking 2 question. Do you always never get this 'first time' feeling/flavor when you first start to vape. Or is vapeing normal and juice is juice and you always get the same great flavor? And what could this be that im experiencing as every site I search always says to switch your flavors and that vapors tongue will surely go away (aka any more thought? thanks :))
And the flavors did sort of improve but it is staying at 50% flavor compared to my first 3 weeks of vapeing and I would LOVE to get that back.
So I will try to get higher quality juices when I run out next time, will try that lemon/lemonade/pickle thing for sure (thanks Steve :)), and lowering my wattage but is 55 watt high?

Oh and one last thing do you guys know anything about these juices, as they are the most proments juices that are at my local smoke/vape shop and are most of my juices that I use (aka low quality, but I have to add that they even tasted great for the first 3 weeks) SMOKE www.LSMOKE.com. Thanks again guys and when I finish and replace my juices with higher quality ones I will surely leave an update... but it might take like 2+ weeks as I have around 2 weeks of "supply" :)~ left. Thanks again, I really appreciate you guys taking your time to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread