Could TFA Pie Crust cause cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
First time I had to be “put under” for surgery, the anesthesiologist ( no bedside manners) said, “the odds of dying under anesthesia are about like, say, having a truck hit your house.”

And I said, “well, a truck DID hit my house, so...?”

But yeah, it’s good to be aware that there may be a risk, assess if it’s worth it, and avoid those you can. I use certain flavors sparingly.

It was 1:10,000. My CNS told me the odds of cancer with the drugs I'm afraid of is only X:10,000, that doesn't sound like very good odds to me when you consider that's per year and smoking odds are per lifetime.
I think lately anesthesia is 1:100,000. That sounds better but I think I'd have to ask if the anesthesiologist has done 99,999 successfully before me.

I was freaked about my first colonoscopy (both anesthesia and cancer fears). I did the old warrior thing of "you can't kill me I'm already dead". I haven't had much of that kind of fear since. Not even for cervical fusion (I think that was I was already in so much pain nothing could be worse).
I still don't want details. Dentist stuck a video up in front of me, no, shut this thing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread