Could The Chuck possibly be more of a ripoff of the Prodigy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
Hmm... it's longer, still too big around for the batteries (that's for the customization of voltage though) the switch sticks out and is non user replaceable. The different colors isn't such a big deal, it'll just chip off like my black one is doing now...End cap is nice, though.

Guess I'll wait for the SS version of the Prodigy :) With luck it'll come with a spacer so my batteries don't rattle around OR I'll figure out a good way to stop that on my own.

Some people just have to have every mod out there, and that's fine, I just have less money than most and I'll stick with the one that looks more professional and has replaceable parts so I won't be outta business if something goes wrong. Cheaper to have a switch on hand if needed than to be out of warranty and need a whole new PV.

~Yira

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
The chuck is as much a ripoff of the prodigy as the prodigy is a ripoff of the GG using that logic. Or simply put, I don't think it's a ripoff at all. Way too many differences. Soap bubbles become a shape because of their environment. Long cylindrical battery holders are going to look similar even if they are constructed completely different from different materials.

j4g3rb0mb3d

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
don't most flashlights look the same ?? there's a reason for that..they all do the same thing.

how different can you make a tube and end cap and a recessed atty connection.

now make an ecig with a built in MP3 player..now that would be innovation :rolleyes:

That would be the Janty Cameo.... It's stupid

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
That would be the Janty Cameo.... It's stupid

Im glad Im not the only one that thinks that!!!

Ahh folks....ApOsTle51 was being sarcastic when he made his comment about making an ecig with a MP3 player. That's why he put the 'sarcastic' smiley after his comment.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
I think my PV is different- The only PV I've seen that has 2 switches and works at 3.7volts, 6 volts or 5 volts with an inline voltage regulator. So to do that with a Protege I think you have to spend three time as much and carry an extra switch in you pocket. I also make em' in cool colors- if you want to learn how to make your own PM me.

Last edited:

fjames

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bluegrass USA
A threaded tube is a threaded tube, can't get much simpler. I don't know if the Prodigy was the first one with the switch where it should be or not, but if so, Steve gets credit there.

I wish Steve would rip-off the guy who designed the side by side flashlight. It was a brilliant design - two cells side by side made a tidy package and I don't know why it wouldn't work for a PV. Machining would be much more complex though, and design would have many issues to over come so price would go up. So, back to the threaded tube. Or not, what would people pay for 5V with twice the runtime in a smaller package?

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
I think my PV is different- The only PV I've seen that has 2 switches and works at 3.7volts, 6 volts or 5 volts with an inline voltage regulator. So to do that with a Protege I think you have to spend three time as much and carry an extra switch in you pocket. I also make em' in cool colors- if you want to learn how to make your own PM me.

I like the functionality ...but come on the thing looks like a Russian assault tank.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
I like the functionality ...but come on the thing looks like a Russian assault tank.

It does really? I love the way it look- but then again I like tanks!

It's hard as hell to make- I got togo find a nice tube- with some shinny metal- don't forget the mag wheel polish and the rubber gloves........................lol

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I wish Steve would rip-off the guy who designed the side by side flashlight. It was a brilliant design - two cells side by side made a tidy package and I don't know why it wouldn't work for a PV.

Do you mean like this mod?

ergolump.jpg

fjames

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bluegrass USA
I don't keep up at all with the mods, but that looks like a duel atty mod?

Here's a few pics of the light I was talking about. It's a work of art, so wouldn't expect that level of craftsmanship, but you get the form factor. The atty would go where the reflector is, and the switch where, well, the switch is. It takes 2x123 cells, so another 15mm to get two 14500, and they're 2mm less circumference than the 123 cells.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread