Could This Be The #1 Pod Device For Beginners? - The iJoy iVPC Pod Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
With pod devices being so popular and being released every other week, it’s no surprise that iJoy has chosen to enter the pod market. To gain some market share in an already saturated market, iJoy needed to create something rather unique and a pod device that stands out from the other pod devices in the market. The iJoy IVPC is just that. The IVPC is a pod devices with a screen as well as adjustable power output modes (VV).
The iJoy iVPC is quite a stunner when it comes to design and size. iJoy has done a fantastic job with the device's design, user interface, ability to change modes and the addition of a display however, it lacks in advancements made to 'pods/cartridges' in general. Newer pod devices use Ceramic and that is what I hoped iJoy had used but they didn't.

This simply means that you do get the advantage of getting a 'nicer' device but the flavour isn't going to be anything to shout about. All in all, I think it's a good device for the beginner however, if you already have a pod device, this isn't justifiable enough for you to go out there and spend your hard earned cash on.
iJoy iVPC 1.jpg

Contents in the box
· 1 x iJoy IVPC device
· 1 x IVPC pod
· USB cable
· User manual

Specifications
· Size: 30x20x80mm
· Capacity: 2ml
· Battery capacity: 450mAh (internal)
· Coil resistance: 1.6ohm
· Maximum power output: 9W
· Charging time: 60min
· Bottom fill pod
· OLED screen
· IWEPAL chip
· Organic fibre and ceramic heating element pods

iJoy iVPC 3.jpg
Design and Build Quality

The first thing you’ll notice when opening the box is that the iJoy IVPC device is a rather tiny device measuring just 8cm in height. The IVPC is constructed with a stainless steel body and does have some weight to it to make it feel like a quality device. The paintwork on this device is done exceptionally well and the colour looks fantastic on it. It’s a ‘glossy’ kind of paint finish which I think compliments the overall design of this pod device perfectly. Paired with it’s translucent black pod which again compliments the mods colour, this pod device is quite the stunner when it comes to looks.

Speaking of colours, the iJoy IVPC is available in 5 different colour options which include: Mirror Black, Mirror White, Mirror Blue, Mirror Red and Mirror Orange.

iJoy IVPC Color Options.jpg

Starting at the bottom of the device, you have a ‘flat’ base - which allows the device to stand upright – as well as the Micro-USB charging port which I think should’ve been placed somewhere at the top so that the device can charge while standing.

At the front of the device, you have a beautiful OLED display with a battery life indicator, power indicator as well as a puff counter and firing mode.

The pods 2mL capacity isn’t much but for a pod device, it seems good enough. Usually with a device like this, high strength nicotine e-liquids is mainly used and therefore, a 2mL capacity seems good enough. The one quirk I have with this pod is that in order to make it a Mouth-To-Lung draw, iJoy decided to use a single airflow hole on the one side of the pod only. It does work but I would have much preferred smaller airflow holes on either side instead so that the noise from the airflow sounds balanced. Now, it’s like having earphones on and getting sound on one earpiece only.

iJoy iVPC.jpg

Using the device:
The iJoy IVPC device is extremely simple to operate. There really isn’t much going on which is a pro in my books. The simplicity of the user interface makes it very newbie friendly.

The operations are as follows:
- 5 Clicks to Switch Off the device.
- 3 Clicks to enter the menu system
- 1 Click to switch between the menu options which include:
  • Normal which is 3.6v – Fires the pod at ~8w
  • Hard which is 3.8v – Fires the pod at ~9w
  • Soft which is 3.4v – Fires the pod at ~7w
  • Bypass mode which then fires the pod according to the battery level (Full charge = Full power; As battery depletes, so too does the output power)
  • Screen Orientation
  • Puff reset

Performance:
Being a pod device, I tested it out using 50/50 Nicotine Salt e-liquid. Refilling the pod isn’t very difficult. It has a similar filling system to that of the Aspire Breeze device however, the mechanism used on this pod to open and close it is made with hard plastic which seems like if I had to push it up too much, it would break off. I feel that rubber should’ve been used instead as it’s less likely to break.

After using it for a full day, I removed the pod and noticed not a single drop of juice of even condensation so that’s a pro for their design.
The wicking material used for the pod is organic cotton. With new pod devices coming out all the time, I would’ve hoped iJoy used ceramic instead for this device so that it has the upper hand when it comes to flavour. With organic cotton being used, you really can’t expect it being any better in flavour compared to other pod devices which use the same wicking material and coil resistances.

iJoy iVPC 2.jpg

Using 50/50 juice, the device performed well but not perfectly. I was able to get a good MTL vape off it and the flavour did come through without any spit-back however, being a pod device, it wasn’t all that grand. You can’t expect to get the full taste of your juice when using this pod device and most pod devices in general as it’s mainly for your nicotine fix rather than flavour. Maybe if ceramic was used, flavour would’ve been a touch better.

The iVPC has a 450mAh battery which does sound like little but it does get your though the day depending on how you vape. With the battery fully charged and puff counter set to 0, I managed to do 350 3-second puffs throughout the day and the battery still wasn’t dead so I would say that the battery life is pretty decent.

Conclusion:
The iJoy iVPC is a fantastic looking pod device. I would say that’s probably one of the nicest looking pod devices I have seen so far. iJoy did an excellent job with designing this device and implementing all the features that it has. The OLED display was a nice touch and the ability to adjust voltage outputs makes it that much better than other pod devices out there in its category. Unfortunately, that’s were it stops as the pod, although decent, could’ve been better. If you already have a pod device, this probably isn’t justifiable enough to go out and get this one since the flavour isn’t any better than other pod devices. That being said, if you don’t already have a pod device or know someone looking to get into vaping, this may be a good option as it's inexpensive and works decently as well.

iJoy iVPC 4.jpg

This device only comes with 1 pod and iJoy didn't send me any extra's therefore, I wasn't able to test it out further by using different PG/VG Ratio e-liquids. I would've loved to do further testing using different juices but unfortunately, replacement pods for this device isn't available at the vape stores by me and therefore, I'm out of luck with it. If you plan on getting this device, or any other pod device for that matter, always check around to see the availability for replacement pods at vape stores nearby.

This device was sent to me for the purposes of a fair and honest review by iJoy. All opinions are mine and in no way influenced in the slightest by the manufacturer. As always, I would rather not be sent products than lie in my reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Cloudy Vaper

Feb 5, 2018
Lovely pictures @OhmzRaw iJoy should have used pods that are compatible with their other pod devices rather than make a separate pod for this device alone. I can only imagine how quick stores will be to stop stocking the replacement pods for this device and that's probably the biggest problem with this pod device.

Good point on the ceramics. Ceramic would've been better than organic cotton.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Lovely pictures @OhmzRaw iJoy should have used pods that are compatible with their other pod devices rather than make a separate pod for this device alone. I can only imagine how quick stores will be to stop stocking the replacement pods for this device and that's probably the biggest problem with this pod device.

Good point on the ceramics. Ceramic would've been better than organic cotton.
Yeah I agree with that. With the vast amount of pod devices in the market, it gets harder for stores to stock every type of pod for all pod devices. It would've been nice if this pod device could support different pods or even iJoy's other pods. iJoy has a few pod device and I think all take different pods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread