Could this week get any more frustrating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
So the laptop I sent in for repairs almost a month ago finally finds its way back to me STILL BROKEN yesterday. (Yes, I still use laptops. I'm a gamer and a tablet just won't do it. Don't judge me....:p) 8 month old laptop, both hard drives and the video card replaced, and it's still freezing up and making my life miserable. So I get to send it back and be without it for probably another month and HOPE that they fix it this time and that it doesn't get damaged during the shipping process.

Waiting for my MVP to come in the mail. Last scan was almost two days ago in a city that is roughly 60 miles from me. It should have come today. The "expected delivery date" was the 10th (which, anyone who uses the USPS knows is a worthless estimate). But today it SHOULD have come.

Went to the post office and of course they played stupid, wouldn't even bother to look to see if it was there. I know it is. All he would tell me was what I already knew.

So if its lost, I guess I'm just screwed. And it was the most expensive thing I'm waiting on, of course.

*sigh*

I'm not really freaking too much yet.....it *could* come tomorrow. But I am more than a little concerned. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I'm going back up there and waiting until they search for it.

AND I'm out of Hawk Sauce totally now. Ordered more Sunday. Shipped Monday. (They're stellar, no fault of theirs at all.) But yeah, it's taking its sweet damn time getting to me, too. And I'm OUT OF HAWK SAUCE. *sigh*

Thanks for reading my rant. I feel better now. :blush:

Last edited:

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Awww, thanks. :) I'm also waiting on some evod heads that I ordered WELL after the other stuff and they're supposed to come tomorrow. It'll probably all be in my mailbox in the early afternoon. I think mostly I am just READY to get my hands on that MVP and give it a shot and now it'll be another 24 hours. :cries:

I guess following the mailman to the post office is taking stalking to a whole new level, eh? :oops:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Hawk-1.jpg

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
I can relate. Not only do I get to have Friday off unpaid (Thank You Washington politicians to include our prez :-x )but, I get a call from the head of my wife's Patient Advocacy group telling me that she's being sent to the ER after having a seizure. She seems to be fine now but, of course she's being kept for more tests and observation.

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
Lost my beloved dog for about 4hrs tonight. Good samaritan found him about 2mi. from my house ( he is about 13" long, so that is one heck of a distance for him). So I have no energy left to worrie about all the stuff I'm waiting on in vape mail LOL!
Hope this helps, and hope tomorrow is brighter day :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
So the laptop I sent in for repairs almost a month ago finally finds its way back to me STILL BROKEN yesterday. (Yes, I still use laptops. I'm a gamer and a tablet just won't do it. Don't judge me....:p) 8 month old laptop, both hard drives and the video card replaced, and it's still freezing up and making my life miserable. So I get to send it back and be without it for probably another month and HOPE that they fix it this time and that it doesn't get damaged during the shipping process.

Waves a paw from another gamer. Better yet a girl gamer. I am guessing from your avatar you are in SWTOR. I have an account in that one I occasionally play. Lately I have been LOTRO more though I obviously also have spent alot of time in WoW from my forum AV.

I am so much a gamer I refuse to use a laptop. I have a full size tower so I can max my graphics and processor. LOL

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Waves a paw from another gamer. Better yet a girl gamer. I am guessing from your avatar you are in SWTOR. I have an account in that one I occasionally play. Lately I have been LOTRO more though I obviously also have spent alot of time in WoW from my forum AV.

I am so much a gamer I refuse to use a laptop. I have a full size tower so I can max my graphics and processor. LOL

Hiya, fellow gaming gal. :) *high five*

I have dabbled with SWTOR but the love of my life was Galaxies.....until they changed it into Star Wars: WoW2.

Total sandbox. You could be anything or create anything you wanted in that game. Absolutely, head over heels, loved that game until they changed it. I mourned for years after. I've been keeping a close eye on the Emu, but last I looked it was still a work in progress.

I had to have a laptop because I was, until recently, a flight attendant, so I had to have something I could take with me. I did so much research before I bought this lemon. Great gaming desktop replacement for not a ton of money. You do get what you pay for. *sigh* Toshiba used to be a great brand. We have a Toshiba we bought used well over 5 years ago and that thing is a tank. Apparently the quality of the brand has slipped considerably. I am very sorry I bought it. (It did work great while it worked, though. :rolleyes:)

At any rate, before I was on the road all the time I was a desktop only kind of girl myself. But there was no better way to pass a layover in some small, one horse town than to hunker down in my hotel room and play games, so I absolutely had to have a gaming laptop. ;)

Sounds like a motherboard issue. back when i was a hard core gamer i just built my own pc :thumbs:

Yup yup, I am 99% sure that's what's wrong. It was the only thing they DIDN'T replace in the last repair, and it is definitely behaving like a motherboard issue.

I've built a few pc's in my time as well. Always knew it was time to build a new when a game came out that my current pc couldn't handle. :laugh:

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
My MVP came today!! None of the other stuff did, as it appears that they all got hung up in Fort Worth for an extra day for some reason (and EVRYTHING was routed through FW this time, for whatever reason....)

Anyway, got it, love it, now I just need some Hawk Sauce to use with it and my laptop back and I'll be a very happy girl.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
I like to use my mvp out and about. The battery life is choice. Glad you got it :)

Evods look great on the mvp. Better for stealth and the kine.

Yes to both! It's a solid little unit. Perfect for throwing in a bag on the way out the door. I am seriously stoked. And my evods look like they're made to go with it. :)

Now I just gotta get that R2D2 wrap for it and I'll be golden! (Yup, always just one more thing, eh? :laugh:)

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
OH, Myrany, I meant to mention also, that I played WoW for a long damn time. I had to quit when I looked down at myself one day and realized it had been 3 days since I had bathed. :blink: :laugh: (True story, unfortunately. That game was a life eater....)

AND I noticed your avatar was a Druid, which was my all time favorite class to play. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread