Council of Vapor Mini Volt, the ultimate stealth box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
What ohms if everyone running? Qurious about your battery life.[edit to add]also what gauge wire and "ramp mode" device is set to[/edit]

Most of the day I have mine running a 1ohm(26g) modded kayfun tank at 23w(standard mode) and it lasts a full day of good vaping (not super heaving chain vaping all day)

Last edited:

Jay4

Nov 7, 2014
NJ
What ohms if everyone running? Qurious about your battery life.

Most of the day I have mine running a 1ohm modded kayfun tank at 23w and it lasts a full day of good vaping (not super heaving chain vaping all day)

I just threw a plume veil on it, running at 1.2 ohms, single coil 26g kanthal. I've been running it at 40w's. i'll post how long it last for once it dies out. (moderate to heavy use)

Reactions: defdock

Jay4

Nov 7, 2014
NJ
What ohms if everyone running? Qurious about your battery life.[edit to add]also what gauge wire and "ramp mode" device is set to[/edit]

Most of the day I have mine running a 1ohm(26g) modded kayfun tank at 23w(standard mode) and it lasts a full day of good vaping (not super heaving chain vaping all day)

I got about a tank and a quarter before the battery died. I was using the kits .8 tank at 40w with the setting set to power

Reactions: defdock

Jay4

Nov 7, 2014
NJ
TANK UPDATE:
So I prob refilled the tank approximately 8-10 times using the same coil. On the last time i filled it, i started noticing an insane burning taste and tons of juice splatter. I took apart the tank and looked at the coil to find this. It was totally destroyed, looked like i dropped the cotton in mud. The cotton is completely destroyed and falling apart. Ive never had this problem with the COV vengeance tank and I use the same exact juice... Weird..
IMG_1159.JPG
IMG_1160.JPG

Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Also turns off on its own in what I think is 15 minutes. I timed it at 10, and gave it an extra minute before I used it, so it's not that short :/

Only irritation is the auto shut down.

Does that mean if you don't use it for 15-20 minutes...it will automatically shut OFF...then will have to click Fire Button 5 times to turn it back ON??? :shock:

Reactions: Quantum Mech

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Yes - it turns completely off and you have to click fire 5 times to turn it on.

Not nessicary a bad thing, for this unit it is a life saver for the way it was programed.

Without it, there would be alot of bricked units. There is a system glitch when plugging in the charger as the screen shuts off, and acts like there is no charger. The second you unplug the device, it kicks into "brick mode" because the device is confused. At this point the device is completely unuseable/unable to do anything, untill it "auto shuts off" then can resume usage as normal.

I've had it happen a few times, and even tested the theory to make sure it what was happening.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Not nessicary a bad thing, for this unit it is a life saver for the way it was programed.

Without it, there would be alot of bricked units. There is a system glitch when plugging in the charger as the screen shuts off, and acts like there is no charger. The second you unplug the device, it kicks into "brick mode" because the device is confused. At this point the device is completely unuseable/unable to do anything, untill it "auto shuts off" then can resume usage as normal.

I've had it happen a few times, and even tested the theory to make sure it what was happening.

defdock...Thanx for the (QUICK) answer!!!

Guess I'm back to considering the Kangside KSD Mini...

$21.03 Authentic Kangside KSD Mini 25W 1600mAh VV/VW APV Mod - 2-8.5V / 7-25W / aluminum at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: Woofer

DeareN

Dec 29, 2012
Ελλάδα
I've got 2 of them and a third one is on the way. If you are an experienced vaper is just what you need for a night out.

Both of which I have work great without any issues. Hope the third one is the same.

Just a few tips for the battery cause I've read people having issues and when I asked them how they used the device it was the wrong way.

You've got to respect ohm's law on these devices or battery will not last many charge circles.
Just stay above 0.8 and you'll have a healthy battery for a long time.
Another trick to have a healthy battery is to not let the battery dead. Just as soon as it reaches 1/5 it's best to charge it.

That's what I did from 2011-2013 with my 18350 batteries and most of them are healthy as new.

This is not a device meant to replace your existing mod it's just a great way to have a stealthy vape when you need one.

If you need to use it as your main mod be prepared to buy at least three of them.

And a couple of photos compared to my main mod to show the size difference.

e49d910dbb454362826eb57a208089a5.jpg

6ad49ca13f470395c3003becdffdbdbc.jpg

makdevo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Portland Oregon
I have 2x minivolts, while I like to form factor. I don't like the operation.
Same atty does not fit flush on 1 of the 2, maybe I need to break it open to see what is going on.
Time out feature seems like a bug to me, switching the unit on requires 6 clicks, one to wake it up and 5 more to turn on. No other mod in the house works like this, so now I have one that is different. Some will say no big deal. The only reason I am using it now is because it is working. not sure how long the button will last, it get many more clicks than normal. Sorry can't recommend to anyone unless you need higher wattage, good luck with battery life in such a case.

I also have the Kangaside 25 watt unit, really like it (have 2x also). A little larger so it looks better with a 22mm atty. I opened one up and noticed very good construction (i am EE and qualified to make this statement).

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
Was able to put mine through its paces today after receiving it Friday. I'm a big fan of the Goblin Mini, so decided to rebuild one with 28ga Kanthal to increase the resistance. This proved futile, as it simply reminded me that as much as I love the Mini, I hate the screws as I snapped through the leads of three coils.

Figured I might as well have a little fun, so I built it with 26ga. Dual coil, 0.5 ohms, vaping at 33 watts on Standard got me through almost a full tank before the low battery warning started appearing. Turning it down to 25 watts let me finish it with ease.

For a mod that I would use when going out to dinner with the wife or an event where I know I won't be chain vaping, this thing is perfect. It'll be great for those times when I need to dress up a bit and don't want some brick or tube showing in my pants, shirt, or jacket pockets.

I typically run my Minis at lower voltages, and the 33 watts I set was higher than normal for me. I'll have no problem setting this up for better battery life and longer vape time on one fill. For the price, size, ease of use, and versatility, this thing is a no-brainer. The auto shut off can get annoying, but I've got other mods with it and it's not a deal breaker for me.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
The battery is also removable. I just thought it was cool to see another mini. Id never use either of them.
"Internal poly lithium battery" does not sound removeable/swappable. Unless of course you have the knowledge to mod things and solder/unsolder batteries safely. Another point why I don't think it's removeable.... how many 18350 batteries are marketed to handle 20a? It's hard enough to find some capable of 10a safely

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

I kinda like that it has an auto shut off. I had a mod that did that and though annoying for use at home, it was great for out and about. No need to turn it off or remember if I did or not when I picked it up again. :lol:

Not crazy about "brick mode" o_O Is it actually charging and the internal confusion happens when you take it off before fully charged? Do you always have to wait 10 minutes or so after charge to use the device?

Could you also explain a bit on how you think the auto shut off is a lifesaver --- what's different about the programming that makes this so? No auto sleep mode or something similar?

Since I have one coming, I'd love to know more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread