Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
How low can I safely go without the new sub-ohm kit (using 30amp bats)? Also, is there an ETA for the kit?

How do you guys re-fill the bottle without making a mess? Every time I pull the almost empty bottle off to refill, juice comes dripping out of/off of the feed tube and I inevitably get juice all over inside the REO, on my table, in my lap.... What's the trick??

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I wouldn't go below .8 ohms to be on the safe side. Others say .6 but why risk it. The parts for the kit will be shipped to Rob on 3/14/2014 they will need to be delivered to him and give him a few days to get them together and refit the mods he has in stock. I would say the kits should be ready by the end of the month. When you change juice remove the door, stand the Reo on end, take off the bottle, use a paper towel to hold the feed tube away from the Reo. Blow through then RM2 covering the airflow hole juice will go onto the paper towel. If you're using the same juice you can omit this part. Put bottle back on squonk and vape away.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
How low can I safely go without the new sub-ohm kit (using 30amp bats)? Also, is there an ETA for the kit?

How do you guys re-fill the bottle without making a mess? Every time I pull the almost empty bottle off to refill, juice comes dripping out of/off of the feed tube and I inevitably get juice all over inside the REO, on my table, in my lap.... What's the trick??

You can use my shot glass trick. :D
First loosen the cap and blow on the drip tip (while covering the air hole). This will empty out the hose. After that, completely remove the bottle and use a shot glass to hold the hose while you are refilling the bottle. You can clean the shot glass with a quick rinse afterwards.

IMG_1623.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Can't answer the how low question cause I stay above an ohm but as for refilling:
I rip a small piece of paper towel off and put it between the tube and REO then lay the REO on its side while I Refill the bottle.

Then stand up REO, insert tube into bottle, screw on bottle, remove paper towel and I'm done :)

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Can't answer the how low question cause I stay above an ohm but as for refilling:
I rip a small piece of paper towel off and put it between the tube and REO then lay the REO on its side while I Refill the bottle.

Then stand up REO, insert tube into bottle, screw on bottle, remove paper towel and I'm done :)

+1 for the paper towel between bottle tube and REO...

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I take the door off. Lay the REO back and put my index finger under the cap as I lift the bottle. Unscrew the cap and keep holding it with the tube slightly up as I remove the bottle. I have my juice bottle uncapped and ready. Set the bottle in the REO. Fill it. Then put it back on.

Any juice on the tip of the tube will run down the tube. No drip, no mess.

ric23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
SoCal
First loosen the cap and blow on the drip tip (while covering the air hole). This will empty out the hose. After that, completely remove the bottle and use a shot glass to hold the hose while you are refilling the bottle. You can clean the shot glass with a quick rinse afterwards.

View attachment 311822
this but with paper towel!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny

View attachment 311822
Don't forget to put the seat down when you're done.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Thanks guys! Lots of great re-filling methods here. I think the step I was missing was to blow out the tube...I think that will help a lot.

I got a .6 ohm micro on the RM2 right now....maybe a bit too low eh? Hey, if 1ohm is good enough for Super X maybe I should give it a go? I haven't tried anything over 1ohm in a really, really long time. Who knows, I may just like it! :)

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
I take the door off. Lay the REO back and put my index finger under the cap as I lift the bottle. Unscrew the cap and keep holding it with the tube slightly up as I remove the bottle. I have my juice bottle uncapped and ready. Set the bottle in the REO. Fill it. Then put it back on.

Any juice on the tip of the tube will run down the tube. No drip, no mess.

^ that method has saved many paper towels and tissues.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I fill 6 bottles about once a week. If you have relatively long fingers, as I do:

Grab a fresh bottle and remove the top, set them aside.
Remove REO door, grab bottle cap from behind the REO*, tilting REO back slightly, and unsrew, and bend tube slightly up...set empty bottle aside.
Grab full bottle and slide it over the tube, tighten cap.

I also find it useful to recap the empty bottle so I don't dribble juice when placing it in my "to be refilled" holder.

*REO in palm of hand, door opening facing away from palm. Finger and thumb reaching around to the front to grasp the bottle cap.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
No problem, Yeti. There's already video of that somewhere in REOvil, but my search skills are on vacation. Thought it was brilliant when I saw it.

Lisa took the pic and it is around!

It was so funny. I was talking to Lisa on the phone one day and she started to tell me about how she filled bottles on REO's. She got to grabbing the tube and taking the bottle off with the tube held pointed up. Then she started to say something but I yelled, "Don't tell me you put the bottle in the REO!" She said "yep". We both laughed.

I usually fill multiple bottles in REO's at the same time. This method is really a breeze and easy. I like that if needed I can fill a bottle anywhere with this method.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
I've been vaping my Reos at .6Ω for a while now, all day every day. No problems. I just keep up on my firing pin maintenance to make sure arcing never occurs and things don't get hot around the button to cause any deforming or melting.

I too did the paper towel method, until eventually my tubes came un-glued. Now I just take the whole tube/bottle out and it's much easier and cleaner. Haven't had any issues with squonking or leaking by not having the tube "glued" up around the post as of yet, and it's been a couple months since they came off.

It's also made cleaning easier as well, as the scent of one of my banana flavors I like to vape every now and then can leach pretty good onto plastic. I can take a pipe cleaner to the juice tube and give it a good inside scrubbing.

I'm really looking forward to the kits. I will most likely be able to add a few wraps to my standard coil build I'm using now, which is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread