couple noobie dripping atty questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwjordan322

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
So I've tried browsing the forums and tried googling my questions with no luck.. So here goes.

What's the difference between 510, 901, 801 etcc.. Is it the threading? I ask because I'm using a mvp2 and know the threading is 510 so am I only able to use 510 without an adapter?

I'm really interested in dripping because I do the majority of my vaping at home and it seems like dripping is better in terms of vapor and flavor with just less convince of tanks.

I'm just looking for maybe a couple of recommendations on a disposable Atty for dripping. Or just some general knowledge I should be aware of?

I'm very new to vaping, today marks 3 weeks cigarette free, and have only used the iclear 30 that came with my MVP as well as an extra I picked up.

Also was wondering if a disposable was the way to go or if I should just make the jump and go with a rba? As long as it's not to complex I'm semi tech savi and a you tube video could probably guide me along well.

Thoughts would be great. Had allot of help on this forum already which is why in back with more questions. Thanks in advance

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
A simple 306 (with a mandatory 306 drip tip) or a 510 atty would be an easy cheap way to try dripping. (both will fit your MVP) Around a 2.0Ω - 2.5Ω would give you the most adjustment room with your MVP while still giving you a nice warm vape.

A pre-built will take many of the variables out and make it easier to get a pleasant vape. Later on if you want to try a RDA and wrap your own coils you'll have something to compare it to...:)

jwjordan322

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
Thanks for the quick reply! Any specific brand? Or are they a universal brand per say?
As well would you reccomend a drip shield? Or is not really needed? I just know I don't want any leaking problems and am kinda ocd about letting ejuice get on my hands

I'm also gonna wanna bridgeless and sealed post? Correct?

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Avid Vaper is the recognized leader in attys, with the associated extra cost. Most any brand is fine to try your hand at it. A drip shield is not required, and if you don't over drip there shouldn't be leaking. Keeping a tissue or two handy starting out will keep your hands from getting sticky, but I find the shields block too much air flow. I prefer the bridged attys as the bridge will absorb an extra drop of juice, where a bridgeless will leak it out. Sealed post will keep juice off your connector, and since you're not bottom feeding will work just fine.

jwjordan322

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
Dual coil atty or standard?
And found a smoketech 2.5 for about 6$ but doesn't state if it's bridged or not. Just really puzzled at the 3 star rating and allot of negative reviews.,
Any certain site that will back there products? Or any that you have had good success with? And any opinions on smoketech?

Also found a lr 2.0 Cisco As well as a 2.5 standard and 2.5 306 from avid vapors for 9$ and I mean for 3$ if it's that much better I have no outrun spending the money on quality

Any input?

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Standard single coil is best for first experiments....:)
If you're good with the price at Avid Vapers, by all means go there, they're the top of the heap.

Be sure to drip a half dozen drops in the first time, let it soak in for 5-10 minutes, and add 3 more drops to vape on. Break it in with lower voltages and you'll get a long life and great performance.

Smoktech are reasonable but if the site doesn't even spec out bridged or bridgless, avoid them, there's better vendors ot there.

jwjordan322

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
This was in description of the 510 2.5 and 2.5 306... (There is a learning curve inherent with SR atomizers running @ above standard voltage of 3.7v and you need to understand how to use them properly and not damage them. I don't recommend these atomizers for users who are new to vaping unless they understand the proper use.)
And where I am new it kinda worries me.. Does it just basically mean I shouldn't use it above 3.7 v

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Start them at as low a voltage as you can and sneak the voltage up slowly until you get vapor. Don't rush it, vape at the lower voltages for a couple hours, and boost it a little more. Too high a voltage too soon will ruin any atty, there's a bit of a break-in period for a really good vape. A good quality atty @ 2.5Ω will vape very nicely at 3.7 volts without burning your juice or the atty.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
You can drip straight through the center hole, or pull it off and just drip on the bridge, either way will work.
You could go with the 510 atty which would have a tube around the bridge, but it makes it slightly tougher to clean. That's one reason I like a 306, also I think the flavor is a bit better, but there were constant arguments about that back when attys were almost all there was to vape on...:laugh:

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I've used cheap atomizers, and pricey ones. If you want a good dripping experience, you're going to want to pay for a quality made atty. Ikenvape, House of Vapor, Avid Vapor and Empire Mods are the places to go. Even Vapage has a good atomizer. I like the Hybrids at Vapage, also called the Shifu, and the Stingray 510 from House of Vapor. I have an i06 from Ikenvape sitting here as well and a hh.357 on the way. My favorite at the moment is the Stingray, but that may change.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
If you're getting vapor, leave it there for a half dozen reload drips, if necessary boost it a little until you're getting vapor. Back it off if there's any hint of a burnt taste. If you can run it at 3.5 - 3.6 volts max for a few days to fully break it in, the vapor will increase without boosting the voltage.

The long break-in time translates into a longer life for the atty. Always be sure to put a couple drops of juice into the atty when finished vaping to keep it damp, don't let it completely dry out. Treat 'em right and an atty gives a very nice flavor, and a long life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread