Couple of Leo Battery Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off ive read about the old style and new style Leo batteries. I bought my kit from Vaporflow and its PT for sure cause at times i use it that way but does that mean its sealed as well? My batt has no Leo inscribed around it so i take it that it is a knockoff even though the white box said Leo on it.

My second question is has anyone successfully taken apart a Leo batt?

Looks like there is a ring on the carto/atty side that would unscrew if i made a tool to do it with. I dont want to mess up a good battery trying but im thinking it would be alot cheaper to just replace the battery instead of the whole unit. Also i seen a battery somewhere that was like 4.6 volts or something that might fit in the casing. I have to research it yet but its moot if these things are "glued" together or something like that.

I have never tried to take one apart but I can tell you that if you look into the top of the battery where the atty or carto connect and see a hole in the top of the raised area in the center it is not sealed.

The non-sealed ones aren't knockoffs, they are just a previous generation.

Ahhh ok mine is sealed then. The reason i suspected it being a knockoff is mine doesnt have Leo around the gold band.

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Ahhh ok mine is sealed then. The reason i suspected it being a knockoff is mine doesnt have Leo around the gold band.

I have a couple like that. They upgraded these so quickly that there are 3-4 different versions still being sold. I have one that is sealed but not a pass through. The unsealed ones I had all went out when I was dripping before the cartos came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread