jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd share my new toys with you! :)

Within the past week, I have received 3 new Drippers; a Quasar, an Atomic and a Crown (all authentic). I have put identical builds on each RDA so that I can better compare/evaluate them. This build consisted of 8 wraps of 26ga. Kanthal - dual coil, for a build of .5-.6(ish) Ohms. The batteries in each mod are Sony VTC4's (not taking any chances!!).....

So far I really like each dripper for different reasons. The smallest of all 3 is definitely the Atomic (not sure exactly how big it is....I'm guessing 19-20mm?). The Crown is the next biggest at 21mm, and the Quasar comes in at 22mm.

The Atomic, because it's on the small side, seems to have the most concentrated flavor. I like how you can lock the airflow adjustment in place, and it has a third airhole for single-coil builds. Even though it's the smallest of the 3, it's very easy to build on as there is no juice well getting in your way. The machining is top-notch in this RDA and it really gives off the vibe that it's high-quality..This is the newest of the 3, so I apologize for the brief writeup of this one!!

The Crown definitely puts out the most vapor (dare I say, it CHUCKS the vapor!! :p ).....It has 3 different airflow options for dual coil; none for single-coil (this dripper was really made for running duals)....There are a couple of other small nit-picky things I noticed with this RDA. First of all, I noticed that the flavor is not as good as the other two....Sure it blows the biggest clouds, but it seems like the flavor is somewhat lacking...still good, but defintiely not as good as, say, the Quasar.Also, the outer airhole ring spins VERY easily. I thought that the screw-down top would 'lock' it in place like the Atomic's does, but sadly this isn't the case. I am constantly having to realign my outer airholes as the ring keeps moving every time I so much as brush it with my finger. Lastly, the bottom 2 O-Rings are VERRRRRY TIGHT...I had to use a flathead screwdriver to pry the top off of the atty when I first got it!! Adding e-liquid to the O Rings has only marginally improved the situation...

And my favorite of the 3 is the Quasar! I knew this RDA was going to be a winner just based on the packaging alone! It came nicely packaged in a dedicated box with an authenticity card (the other 2 attys just came in plastic zip-lock baggies)....There was ZERO evidence of machine oil or anything like that, and the machining is second to none. The Quasar can be set up for single or dual coils, with adjustable airflow 'slits' that you can open/close as you wish. The outer airflow ring is nice & snug with plenty of resistance, so there's really no need for a locking ring (and it doesn't just spin round and round freely like the Crown does). This atty was the priciest of the three, and it certainly looks the part.....it seems to be worth every penny so far too!! The flavor out of this RDA is EXCELLENT, and vapor production isn't far behind the Crown (MUCH better flavor though!!).

Anyway, just thought I'd share some of my initial impressions of each of these RDA's....I look forward to using each one more and more, and trying different builds/configurations...I will be sure to post my impressions of each RDA as I continue to use them. Thanks for reading my stream-of-conciousness babble!! lol... :)

Oh, and here's a pic of all 3....The Quasar is on the left, then the Atomic and the Crown is on the right...

20140314_215640.jpg

Last edited:

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
One thing I will add is that I have definitely become a full-time dripper....I travel a lot for work, and carrying drippers with me (as opposed to tanks) seems to make the most sense...All I need to bring with me is cotton and a pair of tweezers/scissors, and I'm set! And I don't have to worry about checking them in my luggage and leaking everywhere (which has happened when traveling with my Kayfuns....I think it's due to the pressure changes at high altitudes).....All I need are my eliquids (which I can carry on with me) and I am all set!!

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
I really like my aqua but not really my Russians for tanks. I love my drippers except when driving and lying in bed.

The dripper that I can't wait to get is this one. Takes about 4-6 weeks to be ready to ship but you don't pay until then. This one keeps me up at night I n anticipation.

http://titanium-mods.com/home/41-atomizer-achilles-full-titanium.html

Last edited:

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I really like my aqua but not really my Russians for tanks. I love my drippers except when driving and lying in bed.

The dripper that I can't wait to get is this one. Takes about 4-6 weeks to be ready to ship but you don't pay until then. This one keeps me up at night I n anticipation.

Atomizer «ACHILLES»

Wow that's a beauty!! Yeah I like my Aqua clone...don't use it as much these days as I've primarily been dripping. I did, however, get a hold of an authentic Origin (still waiting for it to be delivered), so it'll be interesting to try the Aqua in hybrid mode on that....

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
I love my quasar as well.

My only gripes
1. Wish it had a deeper well, the base is crazy tall. y u no bigger well?!
2. Top section of the cap is ridiculously hard to remove, wish it was easier to remove for direct dripping
3. Bigger airholes. Wide open is fine, just wish they were a tad bit bigger

Aman, you hit it dead on. I agree with all three and couldn't have said it better. Especially #2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread