Couple of newbie Qs - apologies in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianward

Oct 24, 2015
Hi all, new here so hello everyone.

I've been vaping a couple of weeks now, done the newbie thing of gently escalating to a device that isn't sh*t! I have done my research, but I have a couple of specific questions that I was hoping someone might be able to help with.

1. I am now sub-ohming with a Kanger sub tank mini. Seems to make a big difference to taste. But, the taste is so improved I'm starting to worry that it's because I'm getting liquid in my mouth! The thing is, it's hard to tell whether it's condensation in the drip tip, or liquid. I've started to lung inhale, drawing as you're supposed to, not too hard, and the taste is so improved that I got a bit paranoid! Am I being an idiot? Should I stop worrying about liquid in the mouth, if it's just a bit of condensation?

2. Obviously the sub tank comes with a rebuildable coil. I'm not quite ready to start building coils yet, but I'm intrigued as to why it makes such a difference? The reason I ask is because I've got a few naturally extracted tobaccos (3 Crown, The Ruin and some more coming from various vendors) and so far they've been disappointing. Just really lacking in any sort of flavour or smokiness, which seems odd for cigar vapes. So just wondering if I need to take the next step and build some coils, whether that will make a huge difference?

3. Throwing this in there for the people still awake! Just a small ejuice flavour question. So far my fave juice is Reaper from Rocket Fuel, but it's a little, I dunno, syrupy (hate the sweet stuff! Yeah I'm one of *those* newbies...) I'd love to find something similar that just had a bit more smokiness to it. Any ideas?

Sorry for the bombarding of random questions, hope it's not to much taking the piss for a first post.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You're probably at the stage where your taste buds are starting to heal. Years of smoking will do that. You'll find over the next months that your "tastes" will change, sometimes drastically.

Unless your "tank" is gurgling (bubbly sound), I doubt that you are getting e-liquid in your mouth. Vapor will condense from a gas form back into a liquid form when it cools, so condensation is likely what you are getting.

You could eliminate the condensation from getting into your mouth by using a longer drip tip, or a baffled drip tip.

LONGTIP-DRIPTIPS-2.jpg
knucklehead-tip-2.jpg
knucklehead

Last edited:
Reactions: christianward

christianward

Oct 24, 2015
You're probably at the stage where your taste buds are starting to heal. Years of smoking will do that. You'll find over the next months that your "tastes" will change, sometimes drastically.

Unless your "tank" is gurgling (bubbly sound), I doubt that you are getting e-liquid in your mouth. Vapor will condense from a gas form back into a liquid form when it cools, so condensation is likely what you are getting.

You could eliminate the condensation from getting into your mouth by using a longer drip tip, or a baffled drip tip.

LONGTIP-DRIPTIPS-2.jpg
knucklehead-tip-2.jpg
Thanks! Baffled drip tip looks great. Baffled tip for baffled newbie.

Reactions: Baditude

Vaping_Racoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Montreal
1. I used to have the same ''problem'' with the RBA section and it's because I wasn't wicking properly so there was
definitely some spitback (not much gurgling to be heard though). After I learned it went smooth.

I heard both good and bad about the included coils and priming (priming too much or too little will cause spitback)

2. Maybe you could slowly start getting the hang of rebuilding as it is cost effective and you'll know for sure if something
goes wrong! :p but that's just my two cents.

Rebuilding could help you attain a vape that is hotter so it could give a more harsh or smokey taste to your liquids but
I find it important to mention that I also started out with cigar flavors a long time ago and I just didn't like it. Seemed
way too harsh or not flavorful enough in most cases but YMMV.

I can't really add more on juices and flavors since I'm not from the same area :p

Oh and welcome to the forums!

christianward

Oct 24, 2015
1. I used to have the same ''problem'' with the RBA section and it's because I wasn't wicking properly so there was
definitely some spitback (not much gurgling to be heard though). After I learned it went smooth.

I heard both good and bad about the included coils and priming (priming too much or too little will cause spitback)

2. Maybe you could slowly start getting the hang of rebuilding as it is cost effective and you'll know for sure if something
goes wrong! :p but that's just my two cents.

Rebuilding could help you attain a vape that is hotter so it could give a more harsh or smokey taste to your liquids but
I find it important to mention that I also started out with cigar flavors a long time ago and I just didn't like it. Seemed
way too harsh or not flavorful enough in most cases but YMMV.

I can't really add more on juices and flavors since I'm not from the same area :p

Oh and welcome to the forums!

Thanks! Yes, this cigar thing is quite bemusing. All these incredible descriptions - "the closest you'll get to wrapping your lips round a Cuban while sipping a bourbon in Havana circa 1957" - and then you vape and it's just an ok sort of hot radiator intake pipe. Anyway! Onwards.

Reactions: Vaping_Racoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread