Couple of questions about e-liquid/atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
So due to a faulty Berserker V2 MTL i bought i need another one to use at home (need low cloud production).

So i ordered a innokin zlide Tank which ill use for home and then when i go outside ill just use my Wasp Nano RTA,as mod im using a SWAG KIT 80w.

Local vape shop closed and the owner always helped me with my e-liquid needs,to be honest i cant afford the high end stuff so im stuck with alchemy.

Going to switch from my 30/70 to 50/50 and upping the nicotine from 3 to 6.

3 questions i have:

1)Will the 50/50 run good with the innokin zlide? or does it just need a special type of resistance?
Apart from the ones that come with the atomizer i was going to get two of these:

Resistencia Innokin Zlide Mesh Plus - Vapeototal

2)E-liquid wise,i have no idea of how the proportions work,my friend at the store just mixed it up for me.

im getting this:

Labvap 250ml (Nicotina 6mg) - Vapeototal

and for aroma im getting this:

VapeoTotal.net Oni

Can anyone please tell me the proportion? i mean can i just dump the whole bottle of the aroma into the big base bottle along with the nicotine?

If i remember correctly that is the way the guy from the store use to do it,but not sure so i just want to confirm it.

3)From my previous 30/70 and 3mg nicotine to my future 50/50 6mg what differences will i notice?
im hoping for more of a lung hit,not sure if that will be the case.

thanks in advance for all the help.
to be honest this is a cluster (you know) im already stressed out because my pops is in bad shape health wise and all this is just to much for me at the moment,my mind just isnt in the right place.
just want to get the liquids,mix them,fill the new atomizer (wait for it to soak well,i know hehe) and vape away with no further hassles.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Don29palms

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
The only question I can answer/confirm from your post is this:
When I was vaping MTL I did use 50/50 ration for juice blend and I did use 6mg. I did get more of a throat hit with this. I have now switched to 70vg and 3 mg. I get more "mouthful" feel but not as much throat hit.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
The only question I can answer/confirm from your post is this:
When I was vaping MTL I did use 50/50 ration for juice blend and I did use 6mg. I did get more of a throat hit with this. I have now switched to 70vg and 3 mg. I get more "mouthful" feel but not as much throat hit.

Nice,just the news i was hoping for.
Yeah i do need more of a throat hit when im at home,so that is awesome to hear.
Thanks for the reply buddy.
Got my order all ready in the cart,i just need to make sure about the coils and whatnot,thanks again.

cheers

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
You can certainly try a 50/50. We did it back in the day when we were using cotton packed 510 atties. With today's equipment with low Ω and high wattage, I'm going say your throat will be raw in no time. If you were using an lower power pod system and a higher Ω like 1.6+ it would work ok. Also using an tank I believe you will have flooding issues along with your sore throat.

• Useful
Reactions: Javichu

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
You can certainly try a 50/50. We did it back in the day when we were using cotton packed 510 atties. With today's equipment with low Ω and high wattage, I'm going say your throat will be raw in no time. If you were using an lower power pod system and a higher Ω like 1.6+ it would work ok. Also using an tank I believe you will have flooding issues along with your sore throat.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok,sorry to be stickler but what do you mean by raw throat,something like a strong hit or more like burnt?
And the flooding will happen if i use 50/50 but not 30/70?
IIn that case maybe i should stick with my usual 30/70 but just up the nic from 3 to 6? maybe that difference will give me the throat hit i need.
Sorry for the newbie questions,friend at the local vape store is the one that always got me what i needed,but now with all this that is happening he aint open.

cheers,thanks for the post buddy.

• Disagree

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Here you go @Cloud-FF7, some more info on the flavour mix.
Concentrate Oni 30 ml Ultimate

But yes, 50/50 works with most coils without issue. And with the 1.6 ohm coils of the Zenith should work well.

PG gives more of a throat hit, produces less vapour and carries flavours well, but it is classified as an irritant and it is possible to be sensitive to it.

VG has less throat hit, produces a lot of vapour and doesn't carry flavours as well as PG so flavoring has to be increased accordingly.

Another idea the I've heard is to use Freebase and Salt Nicotines, as Freebase can be harsh and Salts are much smoother.

Have you got any bottles for mixing? Even old ones cleaned up will work in a pinch, also a syringe would be useful as well for measuring.

• Useful

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Here you go @Cloud-FF7, some more info on the flavour mix.
Concentrate Oni 30 ml Ultimate

But yes, 50/50 works with most coils without issue. And with the 1.6 ohm coils of the Zenith should work well.

PG gives more of a throat hit, produces less vapour and carries flavours well, but it is classified as an irritant and it is possible to be sensitive to it.

VG has less throat hit, produces a lot of vapour and doesn't carry flavours as well as PG so flavoring has to be increased accordingly.

Another idea the I've heard is to use Freebase and Salt Nicotines, as Freebase can be harsh and Salts are much smoother.

Have you got any bottles for mixing? Even old ones cleaned up will work in a pinch, also a syringe would be useful as well for measuring.

Yeah the pg does seem to give me 2 things that i want,more throat hit and less vapour but the con is that ''maybe'' i can be sensitive to it...hmm

Well i think ill order it anyway,just give it a try and if i have any problems its not that expensive,i can just get another kit like the 30/70 i used before.

Just looked at the salts and it does seem interesting but price wise it is a bit more expensive,i will get one in the future but for now ill just stick to what i was using.

Trying to find some 1.6 ohm coils in the website im ordering the Zenith from but i cant find any,not a problem thou,it comes with 2 and im ordering another coil just in case so even if its not perfect it will do for now.

dang almost 2 am here,im off to catch some Zzz's
thanks again bud,talk to you tomorrow :)

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Thanks for the reply.

Ok,sorry to be stickler but what do you mean by raw throat,something like a strong hit or more like burnt?
And the flooding will happen if i use 50/50 but not 30/70?
IIn that case maybe i should stick with my usual 30/70 but just up the nic from 3 to 6? maybe that difference will give me the throat hit i need.
Sorry for the newbie questions,friend at the local vape store is the one that always got me what i needed,but now with all this that is happening he aint open.

cheers,thanks for the post buddy.

PG really irritates the throat it's more for carrying flavor and throat hit but with today's lower Ω coils 30 to 35% PG is all most people want. With the flooding PG is is much thinner than vg making your eliquid flow faster and over saturating your wick.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
PG really irritates the throat it's more for carrying flavor and throat hit but with today's lower Ω coils 30 to 35% PG is all most people want. With the flooding PG is is much thinner than vg making your eliquid flow faster and over saturating your wick.

Zlide is mtl. If we were talking sub ohm, I’d agree with you. But for the Zlide, 50/50 is fine. I have a couple, and that’s how I mix for them. No flooding, no leaking.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I think 50/50 will be fine with the Zlide, but I also think it's a good idea to order a small amount first to make sure it works for you.

PG does have some effect on throat hit, but I don't think you'll see a huge difference changing from 30% to 50% on an MTL atty. PG can also be more drying to your mouth and throat, but many people find 50% perfectly acceptable for MTL. I agree with @DeloresRose that it would be a different matter with DL.

Nicotine is the main factor in throat hit. Doubling your nicotine should give you the throat hit you're looking for. Salt nic probably isn't what you want at this point. One of its key characteristics is that it has less throat hit than freebase. People generally choose it when they want really high nicotine levels that they can't stand the throat hit of.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Zlide is mtl. If we were talking sub ohm, I’d agree with you. But for the Zlide, 50/50 is fine. I have a couple, and that’s how I mix for them. No flooding, no leaking.

Good to hear,already bummed out about a faulty berserker v2 mtl i got,think it is the interior machining,it just shreds the o-rings when i put it back on.

I think 50/50 will be fine with the Zlide, but I also think it's a good idea to order a small amount first to make sure it works for you.

PG does have some effect on throat hit, but I don't think you'll see a huge difference changing from 30% to 50% on an MTL atty. PG can also be more drying to your mouth and throat, but many people find 50% perfectly acceptable for MTL. I agree with @DeloresRose that it would be a different matter with DL.

Nicotine is the main factor in throat hit. Doubling your nicotine should give you the throat hit you're looking for. Salt nic probably isn't what you want at this point. One of its key characteristics is that it has less throat hit than freebase. People generally choose it when they want really high nicotine levels that they can't stand the throat hit of.

ill try this combo 50/50 and 6 nico and see how it goes,just recently discovered that lot of this vape stuff is just pure trial and error until you find your sweet spot.

Can only talk from my own experience here but I use a lot of 50/50 in my Innokin Zlide and also in the Zenith. I only like the 1.6 in these . Anyway, never had a problem with either. Hope your dad is OK, take care.

think the atomizer comes with a 1.6,ill see if that one suits my needs.
then i need to find them online,spanishs shops seem to be out of them at the moment.

yeah for now my pops is ok,bit under the weather,damn dialysis just leaves him tired all the time.
but thanks for the sentiment :)

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I don't know how they do it over there with the restrictions, if the base bottle comes large enough to contain also the nic AND flavoring. At any rate, when mixing by shaking, the bottle needs to be larger than the amount mixed. The flavoring recommends mixing at 10-12% but a lot of of such recommendations are most appropriate for vaping at 5-7 watts. That may have been what you were vaping, but for a full power device I'd start at 1% and might consider that too strong. Most DIYer's begin experimenting with a flavor by mixing in small quantities, usually recycling old juice bottles.

The small drops of PG-base flavor concentrates in a needle dropper bottle are about 40-50 drops per ml. When making a total of about 25 ml of juice (leaving shake room in a 30 ml bottle), one drop is about .1%, so 1% flavoring would be 10 drops and 10% would be 100 drops. In the latter case, the flavoring is so much (2.5 ml) it reduces the amount of base, and nicotine if already mixed/proportioned, while in the first case it is not really significant.

Due to the disparity of flavor strengths, you might find you have some "nasty" e-liquids that were really just too strong, and are quite usable as concentrated flavorings!

Last edited:

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I don't know how they do it over there with the restrictions, if the base bottle comes large enough to contain also the nic AND flavoring. At any rate, when mixing by shaking, the bottle needs to be larger than the amount mixed. The flavoring recommends mixing at 10-12% but a lot of of such recommendations are most appropriate for vaping at 5-7 watts. That may have been what you were vaping, but for a full power device I'd start at 1% and might consider that too strong. Most DIYer's begin experimenting with a flavor by mixing in small quantities, usually recycling old juice bottles.

The small drops of PG-base flavor concentrates in a needle dropper bottle are about 40-50 drops per ml. When making a total of about 25 ml of juice (leaving shake room in a 30 ml bottle), one drop is about .1%, so 1% flavoring would be 10 drops and 10% would be 100 drops. In the latter case, the flavoring is so much (2.5 ml) it reduces the amount of base, and nicotine if already mixed/proportioned, while in the first case it is not really significant.

Due to the disparity of flavor strengths, you might find you have some "nasty" e-liquids that were really just too strong, and are quite usable as concentrated flavorings!

Guy in the local shop did the mixing for me,from what i remember he just added all up in the big bottle,shaked it and told me to wait 3 or 5 days,this is the stuff ive been using:

VapeoTotal.net Oni
    The Cellar Base 200ml (Nicotina 3mg) - Vapeototal

Flavour was ok,now im going to try 6mg nicotine and 50/50 and see if i get more of a lung hit,i miss those.
    About these coila for the Innokin Zlide someone gave me chart with the temperatures to use for each.

At the moment my mod is a Swag kit 80w,someone else told me to just use lower temp and to start with and then pumping it up a bit more each time so it ''settles in'',actually dont know if that was the expression they used but you know what i mean.

to be honest i wish i could get into all this tech stuff when it comes to vaping,you know learn to make coils,mix my own flavours and all that but my current situation isnt really all that good.
    My brain is just filled up with doc appointments for my pops,driving him to dialysis and doing everything at home so the few moments i got for myself i just want to kinda do like a vegetable and binge watch tv series (chuck is my favourite) or movies from the 80's and 90's hehe.

But i really appreciate you taking the time to respond with such an informative post.
    cheers and here is hoping you are healthy and keeping safe :)

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Guy in the local shop did the mixing for me,from what i remember he just added all up in the big bottle,shaked it and told me to wait 3 or 5 days,
    That's all there is to making e-liquid once you have it down, except how much did he use? A whole 30 ml bottle of flavor would be around the 12% max. recommended, but if you mix all of it and it's 2x too strong, you'll need another 250 ml of nic base to dilute it down and an even bigger bottle. Dumping a whole bottle of flavoring in just seems like a bad idea.The flavoring may be calibrated (diluted) to work like that, or I have flavorings I would use 2 drops of in 250 ml!

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    That's all there is to making e-liquid once you have it down, except how much did he use? A whole 30 ml bottle of flavor would be around the 12% max. recommended, but if you mix all of it and it's 2x too strong, you'll need another 250 ml of nic base to dilute it down and an even bigger bottle. Dumping a whole bottle of flavoring in just seems like a bad idea.The flavoring may be calibrated (diluted) to work like that, or I have flavorings I would use 2 drops of in 250 ml!

No idea buddy,i just used that time at his shop to sit down and relax,those were one of the few precious moments i have to myself,rest of the day im just tending to my pops.
    Decided to go all round and circular thingies to the wall and dumped all the nico (made sure it was 6 little bottles that amounts to 6 nicotine) then the whole flavouring.
    Left out a smidge to test out and it all seems ok,now ill just wait the 3 to 5 days it says to wait and im all set.
    Still havent tried the atomizer thou,i hope its as good as they say :)

• Disagree

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    In my experience...
    PG- stronger th, less lung hit, less nic satisfaction so more needed, sharper flavor but higher % of flavor needed
    VG- better lung hit, softer flavor notes, better nic satisfaction, soft th

My uncle is mtler and enjoys the zenith 0.8 coil.

ok so after using my new Innokin Zlide for a bit i guess it's ok,seems less flavour than the berserker v2 i was using.
    Using 30/70 3 nicotine at the moment,just mixed the new stuff 50/50 and 6 nicotine and its fast action so it should be ready by friday but im thinking ill use some now and see if get a bit more lung hit,that is the only thing that seems to be missing.
    This is hard,when im outside i use my Wasp Nano RTA and that is fine,but for home i need low cloud production but i want some lung hit to it.
    At the moment the Innokin just doesnt leave me satisfied,might have to try different variations of e-liquid until i find the ''sweet spot''

Thanks for the info Letitia :)

• Disagree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread