Couple of Questions About Efest Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of getting a couple of Efest IMR 3100mAh 20A Purples. Looking at the specs I'm just wondering what exactly it is that Efest mean by "Quick Discharge Current": Efest IMR 18650 battery 20A purple efest 18650 3100mah 3.7V rechargeable battery -Efest battery for E-cigs

At first I thought it must mean a pulsed discharge current of 20A and a continuous "Quick Discharge Current" of 2A (2000ma). But apart from being ridiculously low, this doesn't seem to make sense when you look at other Efest batteries like this one:
Efest factory 30amp 18650 battery Efest purple battery 2100mah 3.7V battery-Efest battery for E-cigs
That one also has a similar Quick Discharge Current of 3A but it is clearly stated on the battery label "Discharge current: 30A (60A can last for 75 seconds)".

So all I can conclude so far is that Quick Discharge Current is some sort of meaningless figure.

Ultimately I just want to be able to use the 20A Efest model with a sigelei 20W. I understand the current input limit for the Sigelei is about 8.5A so as long as I have some head room I'm happy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd go with something other than Efest batteries myself. Not to drag any battery manufacturer through the mud, but sometimes some of them deserve it.

Efest has a history of exaggerating their battery specs. Take for instance their purple Efest 18650 IMR 2500 mah battery. Efest states its a 35 amp battery, but remove the wrapper and you'll find a rebranded LG18650HE2 battery which LG (the manufacturer) says is only a 20 amp battery. Who you gonna believe? The manufacturer or the distributor who is just re-wrapping the original battery? 15 amps is a big figure to be missing when you are buying a battery specifically for sub-ohm vaping.

Efest 30 & 35 amp batteries

I don't have a problem with distributors who rebrand batteries as long as they are truthful about the specifications. AW and Orbtronics sell re-wrapped batteries made by Panasonic. They don't exaggerate their batteries specifications.

___

I'm not sure what Efest is referring to with the "quick discharge current" terminology. Again, Efest has a history of confusing or misrepresenting their battery specifications.

Yes I take your points on Efest, the fact that they state specifications such as "Quick Discharge Current" when 2A is blatantly not a quick discharge current in comparison to 20A is confusing at best. Also the only test that I have been able to find on the 3100mAh 20A version is this one:
AkkuDB
It's in German so you'll have to use a browser that can translate it but the long and short of it seems to be that they think that its actually a 10A battery. Obviously this would appear to confirm some of the other concerns raised above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread