Couple of questions, Please chime in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello again,

Well, I have been in love with my current pv for about 2 months now and love it. I was also thinking of getting another pv for myself to test out the differences in flavor. :)blink:Stownz, your collection has inspired me lol.... it tells me I need another pv:blink:) Feel free everyone to throw in your opinion on kits that produce the best vapor, TH and flavor strength. I'd like to stick to the cylinder type pvs for now since I keep them in my pocket at work.

a Second item I need advice on is DIY juice. Where in the GTA of Toronto (obviously) would I find the best quality PG.... as well as VG?

I wish to experiment mixing No Nicotine flavors for the day I am nic free :2cool:

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Hi Perry!
FVxh8.gif

Well unfortunately, you're not going to have any throat-hit without nicotine, lol. But nic or no nic...I can definitely PM you some solid info re: DIY.

---

As for a great PV...I recommend the ProVari, hands down. There are lots of great PV's out there, but the ProVari is the top of the line - performance, build, everything. For a cylindrical PV, nothing else even comes close. It's actually very compact too, much smaller than we had imagined from the photos etc. Fits easily into your pocket, hand etc. Also heavier than we had imagined, but not in a bad way; you get used to it quickly.

It's expensive - but it's more than worth it. I dare say you'd actually save money in the long run, since you wouldn't be buying cheaper PV's every few months. Recently wrote a post on this in more detail. You can see it in the link below. It's post #17:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/180934-what-should-i-get-next-2.html

Will PM you with that DIY info soon! Might be in the morning though...we're starting to feel sleepy. Happy vaping in the meantime!

Rachel
PeCrr.gif

P.S. Forgot to mention...the ProVari is extremely simple to use. All those extra features sound complicated, but no. You just charge the battery...pop it in...screw on the cap, and there you are! Your atomizer or cartomizer screws on to the 510 connection simply too, the same as with any other PV.

As to the menus, it only takes a few button-presses to bring them up & they're very simple. Voltage up, voltage down, power on/off, check battery, LED on/off, check resistance. Wait a few seconds & you're automatically taken out of the menus, & back to vaping pleasure. The video review in the longer post I linked to earlier (post #17 in that thread) is a real eye-opener...shows you how simple & great this PV is.

And now off to bed for real, haha. Goodnight!
WZFKd.png

Last edited:

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
An Ego would be good too, because there are many atomizer/cartridge options available. Gives you plenty of things to try out with one battery.

I’ve tried the tanks, reg cartridges, 510 cartridges, LR atties, and 510 cartomizers… and I’ve only been vaping for 4 weeks. But if you get a KR808, for example, your options are limited.

When you start looking at the mods available, things can get interesting pretty quickly. I myself am hesitant to dive in at the moment because I love the Ego tanks. You can get 510 tanks now, which work with most mods, but I haven’t tried them.

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I stay away from DIY because I can't DIY anything that doesn't taste like socks, but you can get PG and VG from happyvaper.com

As for PVs, I agree that for a "mod" or a VV device the provari is one of the best I've used, but it's still sitting in a drawer in my room because I'm rocking the Bloog Maxx Fusions ( Canadian E-cigarette Bloog MaxxFusion Mini-PCC Starter Kit ) so it's hard for me to suggest anyone get anything else lol.

Chime

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
I like my leo at work, looks like a pen and works great.

My fav is still my chuck but its not exactly pocket friendly (very jacket or fishing vest friendly tho), it makes up for it tho by using standard 510 hardware, and going for 2 days of hogging on it off one battery, its basically the AK-47 of the vaping world.

Thinkin mebee reo next but not sure about juicebox mods, that one looks to follow chuck design philosophy if any do.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
An Ego would be good too, because there are many atomizer/cartridge options available. Gives you plenty of things to try out with one battery.

Funny thing is I am using the eGo iTank from CDNVAPOR right now. Great pv. Solid performance with a LR Atty.

For DIY, I am aware I will loose most if not all TH with no Nic. I have been told using a small amount of everclear can help produce a minimal TH. any thoughts on using everclear? I wouldn't want to vape myself drunk at work lol.

Do you think you could find good PG or VG anywhere in the city, such as Shoppers or any of the grocery stores?

Chime

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Heh heh. Chime is chiming in. :)

Lol yeah guess so never thought of it in that use, comes from good book series.

But for straight up vg bud go to michaels in the cake decorating section, "Wilson's Glycerine" costs about 4 bucks for a decent sized bottle (think its 4 oz).

Pg idk I just ordered online my pharmacist is too .......ed nosy to bother with, ymmv.

Chime

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Is PG a behind-the-counter type product?

Only by virtue of there not being a huge demand for it. I've heard they use it as a neutral mixing agent. I think its more easily available from farm supply type stores in its used to treat some livestock condition, being a city slicker I'm not real familiar with the ufa tho.

BCman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I get my PG at London Drugs, went into the pharmacy section, asked a girl behind the counter, it was special order but they brought it in in 1 day, no questions asked, although if asked i would simply say its for the wife and her homemade soap products.
.5 ltr = $10
4 ltr = $40
LD also had VG but was too pricey for only small bottles(didn't have bulk)
100-200mls for $8

For VG, i go to a Soap store(Voyager) that sells supplies for making homemade soap.
1 ltr = $8
4 ltr = $25

Everything is USP grade and 99.9%

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for the advise everyone, I await your PM Rachel, I may try to ask a few pharmacists about PG and just say it is for my smoke machine, that I ran out and need more lol.

Hi again Perry! Goodness, we completely forgot to PM you. Our apologies. But real quickly, while I'm here...don't bother getting PG or VG at the pharmacy. It's not necessary. You can get both, in 30mL bottles, for like $3 from many suppliers. No hassle, no problem.

I'll send those PM's straightaway! But they'll be a bit rushed because we need to get moving to find some nice clothes for tomorrow's legal meeting.

PeCrr.gif

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi again Perry! Goodness, we completely forgot to PM you. Our apologies. But real quickly, while I'm here...don't bother getting PG or VG at the pharmacy. It's not necessary. You can get both, in 30mL bottles, for like $3 from many suppliers. No hassle, no problem.

I'll send those PM's straightaway! But they'll be a bit rushed because we need to get moving to find some nice clothes for tomorrow's legal meeting.

PeCrr.gif

Hey Rachel, Got the PM's, lots of great info. Thanks for the heads up on flavors. I was initially going to try Lorann, but just bookmarked the PA website. I will let you know how I make out in my efforts

AllYourBase

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Alberta
don't bother getting PG or VG at the pharmacy. It's not necessary. You can get both, in 30mL bottles, for like $3 from many suppliers. No hassle, no problem.

Yeah, spend $3 plus shipping on 30ml from a supplier rather than $7-$10 on 500ml at Shopper's Drug Mart or London Drugs!
That makes sense!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread