Status
Not open for further replies.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Hey I had a couple questions, hopefully someone can help.

First question is about the original screwdriver. I know it came with lir 123a batteries, but I was wondering if protected 16340's work.

Second question is about the Ind0ulgence v2. Any one tried one and really liked it? Any bought it and had it fail? I'm thinking of getting one, with a 18650 tube, but I wanted to see what people thought first.

Third question is about the Mk2 screwdriver from totally wicked. Same thing as above. Any fails/wins. I want to hear your stories. Thanks in advance for any help.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I had an Indulgence that I bought at Vapor Junction but they only are selling the batteries and accessories now. I don't see the kits. I liked that I could get variable voltage by swapping out batteries. 1 3.7v in the little sleeve and 2 3.2v (I think) for 6v and 2 3.7v for 7.4v. For 5v there is the passthrough. I also liked that I could swap thread caps for four different thread types. That made the mod pretty versitle (sp). I really liked the 5v PT and the 6v but the 3.7v was kind of wimpy so I never used it. It is a very nice mod and beautiful, with lots of vapor and flavor but I got tired of changing batteries and swapping thread caps so I sold it for a VV mod. With a true VV mod there is a lot less fiddling and that is the only reason I sold it.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
I have the indulgence from houseofvapor.com for 60$ +20 for the extension tube. I like it, it works... I don't mean to bash a vendor, but I wouldn't buy from houseofvapor.com again. He sent me all DOA batt's and a dead lr atty, and very old and discusting JC juice. The indulgence will get you by, but I would keep on searching if I were you, IMHO. I have had to keep on searching because It just doesn't do it for me.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
The threads are very "sticky", be careful everytime you change top caps, they are very hard to screw. The Button is great. The finish is shiny, but the extender tube changes a different color the more you use it, (becomes darker than the origanal silver). Threads are not good, button is great, finish is good. Does not have a protection circut in the device, so you have to be more careful than you would with some other mods. I don't vaoe at 3.7 I use it for 6v's on a duel coil. It's cheaper than a lot of mods, but it works. You also have to mess around with the cartos/atty's when you screw them in and make sure the draw holes are lined up with the cap, not a perfect fit with all carto's atty's. I personally am getting the precise 18650, which does the same thing as the indulgence, but doesn't fit one 18350 for 3.7 v's.. Just 2 cr123's or one 18650 for 6v's. Good luck!

Also, for the extender cup, 2 lifpo cr123 a's are a littile short, but will still make the connection. They tube is about 3 millameters wider then those batts.. So there a little jiggaly but again, still make the connection.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
A couple of suggestions if you go with the Indulgence. Use Noalox (best for electrical devices) on all the thread caps and battery threads. This will grease them up so they go on easier and won't cross thread and the spring in the battery caps are not the best. They should be replaced with copper springs like the ones at AltSmoke. They will stop batteries from rattling around and will make better battery connection.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
Naolox antiaxidant didn't help my indulgence threads at all, Also the atty conector thread is copper, so it will be hard to deal with anyway. Worst thread is the atty connector thread, the cup threads are fine. Spring is fine, just stretch it out for 18650's but agree with getting a new one. I personal don't like anything copper. I think the fuss with this mod is not worth it..

EDIT: Sorry for saying the spring is fine. It is not, the other poster was right. You SHOULD replace it with the copper spring she was talking about! Sorry for misinforming. :blush:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread