The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Couple Questions!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Jerdann, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jerdann

Jerdann Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    London, ON.
    Hey there, Im a constant lurker of the forums, never really posted. Just made my account so I could ask a few things and it seems Im restricted to these forums ;(
    Anyways;

I started out about 4 months ago, with just an Ego C and a CE4 from canadavapes.
    Worked wonders, made it 3 months on the same set-up.
    Found out that there was a local shop so I picked up a Lavatube and some tanks + new CE4's
    The lava tube works fine, but the tanks are definitely not any brand worth even mentioning as they leak everywhere, and when theyre not leaking, they just dont work or spray liquid into my mouth.
    The CE4's I got from the local shop all taste like burnt plastic.
    Every single one of them.

Ive honestly been contemplating quitting and I dont want to.

Now for the questions --
    Im looking into getting a VAMO from canvape, heard its definitely worth the shot and I really liked the Lavatube while it lasted. - What kind of tank / system should I use on it?
    I dont have a preference cause all my stuff has sucked for the past 2 months and anything of quality would taste better than burnt plastic.

I was thinking of picking up some of the Kanger t2's.
    Im also interested in something bigger, but I dont know what to settle on.
    Im not opposed to wiring and wicking, so a double atty would be fine (sorry if my lingo is off) if I got something like the Phoenix - as Ive done it for a couple friends who also vape.

TL;DR - Past two months have been terrible, picking up a VAMO, what type of tanks / liquid holders should I use on it? Im getting Kanger t2's, but what are other good options? Not afraid of wiring and rebuildable stuff. Might as well go all in.

Thanks guys!

2. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    the vamo is an excellent cheaper mod i like mine, if you pick one up get a 510 to ego adapter as well as some things dont screw onto the vamo correctly if not 510 threaded.
    (there are two head sets with clearo's called ego threads and 510)

the t2 is an excellent clearo, you may also be interested in something called a mini vivi nova like the T2 you can replace the heads.

whatever dont give up, even if you go back to smoking while looking at this stuff dont give up hope, there is a lot of gear out there and unfortunately some of it is crap.

if your willing to give wicking and wire a try a good start is a tank called the AGA-t

and yes after 5 posts you can move to other areas,

3. Nitrobex

Nitrobex Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2012
    Martinsburg WV
    Vivi Nova, wicks like a clearo, has the capacity of a tank

4. Jerdann

Jerdann Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    London, ON.
    Yeah, Im not completely new to this stuff!
    Ive got an adaptor piece so I can use Ego threading in the 510 holes, no worries there.

I was just interested in finding a quality tank set up that isnt a piece of crap.
    Im not afraid of wicking & wiring by any means, I build computers daily and I think theyre a bit more complicated than a wick and a wire :p

Ill check out the Vivi's and see, possibly just order one tonight and hope its here by tuesday!

Thanks for the advice!

If theres any other higher priced versions that are good, feel free to let me know.
    I can pump out some dough for one that actually works and lasts longer than a day before it tastes like melted plastic.

Also, I vape periodically while out and about, but if Im at home on the computer its once or twice every couple minutes - if that has any effect on the lifetime (which Im sure it does) maybe some longer lifetime parts are needed as I kindof do it constantly.

Went from almost 2 packs a day to not a single smoke in 3 months starting from the day I bought my Ego C.

Thanks again!

5. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    well to be honest i use some cheapos like the nova it has a replaceable head that if you clean them regularly they last a long time - beyond that:
    i use the mini nova for work, if not a T2 clearo
    an A7 atomizer
    a cobra genesis tank

coming soon:
    a bliSS ti tank
    eBaron dripper pro.

I mean its up to what you want to spend, what do you want in terms of usability,
    example: the nova works, it works great, almost spill proof but the flavor is about a 75-80 on a scale to 100 $10

the cobra will spill if its laid on its side, you replace the metal wick and wire yourself the flavor is 110 on a scale to 100 $160

the A7 is a nice little dripper for like 20 drops at a time. leaks everywhere if you lay it down, uses silica wick and wire flavor about 95 $20

you need to figure out what it is your looking for feature wise before you spend the real cash.

once your above 5 posts and can post anywhere we have many subforums from tanks to rebuildables and even canada forums for all kinds of ideas.

6. Jerdann

Jerdann Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    London, ON.
    Alrighty.

Well, usability wise, I dont like leaking, and my computer desk is wobbly if I shove myself away from it, which I have the habit of doing so my ego falls off sometimes, but the ce4 clones I have never leak, which is why Ive stuck to them. Even through the burnt plastic month or two Ive experienced, Im keepin at it just because I dont want to go back to smoking.

The tanks I have for my lavatube are crap. They leak even when they arent touched, right out the bottom, the tips on them barely fit the hole and can easily be pulled out.

I just want something sturdy, prefer it not to leak, and I want it to work well.
    Any flavour over burnt plastic / 100 is good enough for me so Im going to check out the novas.
    I have no intention of doing dripping because a) the taste of the juice is horrid if I miss the hole, and I travel around town a lot and dont want to have to drip if Im ninja smoking.

Something I could use all day, anywhere would be nice.
    I have a carrying case if I need, but mostly I just have my stuff either standing up on my desk or in the 8 dollar toothbrush holder I got from walmart cause its chrome and looks fancy and does the job. Lol.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I also dont want it to be airy. I dont know if thats the right wording or not.
    But the tanks I had used when they were fine pulled lots of air through and I felt like I had to primer puff for ages, and because theyre loose Im guessing that was why, but if not, I couldnt locate the hole in which air was pulled to plug it up because I want it to feel like Im pulling vapour and not air.
    I loved smoking and the feel that youre pulling smoke into your mouth and no air is what Im into, so airy = bad.

7. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    i find the mini nova less airy then the full size to me. but the hole is in the bottom of the shaft and some people use a 510 510 adaptor or stick a piece of tooth pick in them to block the air a little.
    i love my expensive stuff for home but i run everywhere with the mini nova, lay it on the car seat, stick it in my pocket whatever.
    they have replacement parts, can be completely disassembled for cleaning and there are parts like replacement tanks and of course the heads. the heads can get gunked up but are very easy to clean, look up youtube vids on how to dry burn a vivi nova head, this usually works for any tank style head.
    heads are cheap and with minimal care i have some 2 1/2 months old now. not bad for a 2 dollar part from china.

8. Jerdann

Jerdann Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    London, ON.
    Now the site Im ordering everything off of, has no mini vivi's
    They do have a Vivi Nova v3?
    Would that work / be airy?

9. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    this is the problem whats airy to me might be good for you.. just get one - if anything at least it works without filling your mouth with goo no more plastic taste and doesnt leak while you search for something else

10. 2coils

2coils Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    New Jersey
    OP, I started out with clearo's. Had a lot of the same problems. The ce4's always seem to leak. The rebuildable clearos leak much less IMO. I also have a ton of VIVI's. I don't use any of them anymore as some juices seem to lose flavor. Though taste is subjective and everyone seems to have a different opinion, I have determined that dual coil cartos work best for me. You can get them in a bunch of different resistance. They don't leak unless you overfill them.They produce a ton of vapor. The juice seems to taste right as well. If you insist on a tank for your setup, you can try a DCT. Good luck.. you will find the right setup

11. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Perhaps consider getting a higher quality cartotank. Higher quality doesn't neccessarily mean higher cost, either.

Nearly 100% of my vaping is done with cartotanks. I use tanks from several different tank manufacturers, so I think I have a reasonable idea of their comparative qualities against each other. I prefer to use pyrex glass; they are immune to certain flavors that can crack or melt plastic, and being the most innert material that one can use do not impart anything to the flavors of juice. They are surprisingly durable, also.

For the money, I don't see how you can go wrong with a tank from IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!. These are a high quality pyrex tank that are reasonably priced. The option of stainless steel or acrylic end caps is provided, and accessories such as tank-ready cartomizers and drip tips are available on the website. Four sizes of 1.5ml, 2ml, 5ml, and 8ml tanks of your choice. The pyrex can be painted with special paints as a decorative option for additional cost. Prices start at less than $20. I have seven of these tanks at the moment, and I have never had any leaking issues. These have also survived falls without cracking or shattering.

I did a full review with pics at the following link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-reviews/349222-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks.html

View attachment 158458 XL and standard size IBTanks on a Provari

Another vendor of affordable pyrex tanks is http://www.valleyvapes.com/Premium-Tanks_c_18.htm

Price for the premium tanks are $20 and $22 for the 4ml and 7ml sizes, respectively. Website also sell cartomizers on the website, and will test them for ohm rating and punch them for a reasonable fee. I have a couple of these tanks. They are of a larger diameter and look best on a larger mod like a Silver Bullet or Bolt.

View attachment 158463 7ml Triple V pyrex tank on a Silver Bullet

Phiniac is a recognized leader of high quality, rugged, and highly customizable pyrex tanks. Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks Wide range of sizes and glass colors, options to customize with textured glass, frosted glass, sand-blasted designs, and blown-glass designs. Prices begin at around $40.

View attachment 158467 View attachment 158468 clear and colored tanks and one with a blown glass design

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.