Cowboy and Desert Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I have ordered Desert Ship from both Vapor Bomb and another vendor who has the same flavor base and both had a perfumey taste...I just figured it was the nature of the juice to be extra fragrant-y. I agree that you may have to give it some time but I don't think it will take away all aspects of perfumey-ness from that particular juice IMO.

I ordered Royal from VB and it was delicious the very first day. Will be ordering more here soon.

charady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Iowa
Weird. I like cowboy as soon as the mail comes. It just gets better as the days go on :) I usually order it in 50/50 and this time I did 60/40 and it made a huge difference in flavor, won't be doing that again! Lesson learned, leave it alone if it works lol. But that was my own fault, trying to change things up.

Desert ship...that is the ONLY juice from vaporbomb I refuse to use. Everything else we have ordered has been good. On the other hand, I have to buy it occasionally because my dad, an ultra light smoker, LOVES it better than anything else we have had! Go figure. Hubby says the taste is quite different on 5 volts, he prefers it there instead of 3.7. After trying it on my kgo I have no desire to find out if he is right lol.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
That's kind of strange. We've gotten Cowboy before and my husband really liked it straight away. This time, it's completely unvapable. Has a strong floral/perfume taste. I told him we're just going to have to let it sit for a few more weeks, but that leaves him in a bit of a bind juice wise :( If this helps you VB guys, the invoice number was 0000021308 and the order shipped on the 5th of January.

And we decided to order Desert Ship on the order that shipped today. Now I'm worried it'll be the same.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Okay well a small update. My husband's Desert Ship seems to be okay, he says it is pretty nutty tasting. But he's okay with that.

I, on the other hand, have found that my Desert Ship Menthol is not at all okay. It tastes sort of like a cross between applesauce and paint. I haven't tasted paint, but it tastes the way it smells. The Key Lime, which was a freebie so I can't really complain, has an excellent throat hit but tastes like a heavily perfumed soap :(

I'm happy with the Cinnamon Danish Swirl, but it tastes identical to Snickerdoodle and I'm not sure if it is supposed to.

Disclaimer: These juices may simply need to steep and my taste buds may not be like everyone else's, I know how this goes with juices tasting differently to different people.

Disclaimer 2: This was on freshly cleaned atty's (I'm using an ego tank atty and he's using a standard 510 atty) and a fully charged standard ego battery.

I'm going to try the shade menthol, snickerdoodle and liquid amber, but those were supposed to be a gift to my mom. Still, I'd rather know that they're fine before giving them to her.

charady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Iowa
Definitely give them a few days :) I love cowboy and get soo excited when I first get a new bottle-but it doesn't taste the same as the last one ever (because the other had more time sitting around the house lol). As the days go by it gets better and better! In fact, I ordered a different ratio this time and thought I hated it, but after a few days it tasted just as good again.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Definitely give them a few days :) I love cowboy and get soo excited when I first get a new bottle-but it doesn't taste the same as the last one ever (because the other had more time sitting around the house lol). As the days go by it gets better and better! In fact, I ordered a different ratio this time and thought I hated it, but after a few days it tasted just as good again.

I wish that was the case. It's been a week and a half and it might actually taste worse :( These new ones, though, that might apply to but I'm not sure. And, the Cowboy might need more time but I've heard from others that it's usually fine right off the bat.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Either way, I just brought up the Cowboy on this thread because we had the same problem as the original poster and received our product at about the same time so it might be related. We've had Cowboy from VB before and it was fine the day we got it.

The email is about a lot more than the Cowboy. I look forward to your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread