CPU-quota exceeded??

Status
Not open for further replies.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Can someone tell me what this CPU-quota is? I got thrown off the forum earlier with this message, while visiting in a for me perfectly normal way??
(I use firefox, and so I have multiple tabs open... isn't that allowed or something perhaps?):cry:

Perhaps better to explain this, so we can adjust our ways of visiting this forum? How many tabs are 'allowed' for instance? Would be nice to know if possible :)

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Happened to me a couple of times Kat. I think it's just a glitch because that's a server side message not intended for the user end. It's only really irritating if you're about to preview a post before submitting because you lose the content. I got caught like that today with a (roughly) 300 word reply - oh well, those pearls of wisdom will not now drop from my lips...

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Sorry people, I should have posted here before....

Basically the forum software is using up much more processor resources than are provided by the server account.

To rectify this I am in the process of getting another server, but it does take some time.

I will get it sorted and thanks for your patience.

Bear in mind that the allocation of resources is worked out within a 60 second time period so if you get the problem just leave everything for a minute or two and then try again and it should be cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread