The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CPU-quota exceeded??

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by katink, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. katink

katink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Can someone tell me what this CPU-quota is? I got thrown off the forum earlier with this message, while visiting in a for me perfectly normal way??
    (I use firefox, and so I have multiple tabs open... isn't that allowed or something perhaps?):cry:

Perhaps better to explain this, so we can adjust our ways of visiting this forum? How many tabs are 'allowed' for instance? Would be nice to know if possible :)

2. Mr.Darcy

Mr.Darcy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2008
    UK
    thats happened me a few times too Kat.

3. TheEmperorOfIceCream

TheEmperorOfIceCream Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2008
    London, UK
    Happened to me a couple of times Kat. I think it's just a glitch because that's a server side message not intended for the user end. It's only really irritating if you're about to preview a post before submitting because you lose the content. I got caught like that today with a (roughly) 300 word reply - oh well, those pearls of wisdom will not now drop from my lips...

4. dnakr

dnakr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    SmokeyJoe is working on that issue :)

5. windblown

windblown Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2008
    USA
    Katink, I use Firefox too and I've never seen the CPU quota messsage. I've usually got at least half a dozen tabs open at one time.

6. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    We are working on it. :)

Its happened off and on over the past week or so, in both IE and Firefox.

Thanks for your patience!

7. Kit

Kit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    UK
    it does happen with firefox as well mate its happened to me 3 time this afternoon.

8. katink

katink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Ah ok, so just a bug. Happy to know, and thanks for all the reassurance - will wait it out patiently then! :D

9. locha

locha Full Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Birmingham UK
    confirmed, firefox is also affected. CPU eats my posts. ;)

10. Oliver

Oliver ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe Admin Verified Member

Sorry people, I should have posted here before....

Basically the forum software is using up much more processor resources than are provided by the server account.

To rectify this I am in the process of getting another server, but it does take some time.

I will get it sorted and thanks for your patience.

Bear in mind that the allocation of resources is worked out within a 60 second time period so if you get the problem just leave everything for a minute or two and then try again and it should be cleared up.

11. KatyS

KatyS Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Smokey any news on when this problem is going to be fixed. It is happening more and more to me, can only get in about 3 or for reads and then get that message.

12. prestontiger

prestontiger Full Member

Aug 29, 2008
    US Wyoming
    I normally just check out something else when it happens to me (basically more e-cig info not located on this forum) and after I'm done reading that one page hop back here to digest more info

13. shogun

shogun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2008
    Iceland
    Hey! KatyS you are using my avatar! :)

14. KatyS

Just saw that sho, will change shortly. you joined before me. Didn't realize another one was out there.

15. KatyS

Introducing my new avatar. Still had to be a kitty lol

16. Denni

Denni Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2008
    UK
    The CPU usage and the logging-in issues are a joke. This has to be the worst forum software/hosting package on the entire www :(

Honestly, it's no fun anymore!

17. Oliver

Sorry guys I promise to get it fixed real soon, I've been very busy with other commitments. I shall try to get it done in the next week or so.

18. Denni

Denni Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2008
    UK
    Ooops Joe, didn't mean to hassle you :oops:

It just gets very frustrating at times.

19. Oliver

The reason for the problems is entirely down to the hosting. - As soon as I get that sorted there shouldn't be any more problems.

Again, I am sorry but I need to spend a weekend sorting it and I just haven't had time yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.