Not open for further replies.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Here's an article I wrote about Craft Vapery, a new company that offers a curated e-liquid experience. The company sends three juices a month. Initially, they're based on a recommendation engine and a flavor profile you create. Going forward, "expert curators" are available to chat with via email and phone, in order to help refine your flavor profile and help you find juice you like. It's an interesting approach and I'm sure that some vapers will find it useful. How about you?

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Hmm I don't know. It's $40/month with free shipping for 3 15ml of juice. With a one time use code ECA20 the initial box comes to $32. I like the ability to customize the flavor selection and nic level, but I'd like to know what brands would be included. On the site they only say "We only send premium liquids that our team of experts consider to be of the absolute best quality on the market. We are not going to send any cheap liquids that cut corners or use fillers, whether they be foreign or domestic."

That's kind of a deal breaker for me. I'd like to have an idea of what vendors I might receive.

Last edited:

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Affiliate Advertising/Codes are not Permitted per the Rules

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
I was a bit hesitant about the lack of info on their vendors, however I did the zamplebox thing for the first two months and ended up getting rid of everything I got. I'm a bakery and tobacco lover and nothing came through for me with them. At least knowing I can choose my flavor profile I might have a chance of discovering something new, and with the 20% coupon that's really not a bad price for 3 15ml bottles. Being a protank user as well I like the option of tacking on a pack of coil heads with the box.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I was a bit hesitant about the lack of info on their vendors, however I did the zamplebox thing for the first two months and ended up getting rid of everything I got. I'm a bakery and tobacco lover and nothing came through for me with them. At least knowing I can choose my flavor profile I might have a chance of discovering something new, and with the 20% coupon that's really not a bad price for 3 15ml bottles. Being a protank user as well I like the option of tacking on a pack of coil heads with the box.

Maybe if you message them on facebook like I did asking them questions about vendors they'll give you a 1/2 off coupon too!

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I'd do it if I had more money to blow. I do like trying new juice, quite a lot actually, but the budgets gonna go to juice I pick. Maybe I'd be more interested if it wasn't a subscription type of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they end up sending me some stuff that is really worth it, I am most likely gonna cancel after that first discount box.

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
The volume for the $ is certainly not the same as Zamplebox. However, they are going to have customization options for subscribers once they get going and I'm wagering that that service factors into the pricing. The initial run will be the test for me. You can request vendors (or request to not receive certain vendors as I did) and re-order juices that you enjoy while still leaving some selections to chance within your flavor profile. If you're more particular like I am, it's worth a try. I did the Gold Zamplebox for the first 2 months and gave 90% of it away.

Dlovell

Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Florida
I just received my first box from Craft Vapery today. I got a 1/2 off code from I can't remember where, so 20 bucks for 3 15 mil bottles... not too bad. The box was very well put together and included a handwritten note. The 3 juices they sent me are: The Force Vapors- Mos Eisley, Alpha Vape- Manchu, and Cyber Liquids- Shotgun Cider. I've heard of Alpha Vape before, but the other two are new to me, which is cool. All are VG heavy, for sure. I was skeptical about the idea of someone else picking my juice flavors, but the descriptions I looked up on each company's site are right in line with what I vape. I'm happy with this box altogether. Needless to say, with the price doubling this month, the contents of the next box will determine whether or not I continue my subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv

Here's a followup video and article on Craft Vapery. The packaging and presentation are sweet, while the juice selections totally fit my flavor profile. The company has decided to go with lower pricing -- $33/month for three 15ml bottles. While it doesn't make much sense for people that are set with juices, it's a potentially great service for vapers still looking for the right juice or vapers that are always looking for something new. Prices are a tad lower than many brick-and-mortar vape shops, and you get personalized service and recommendations.

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
Got my CV box today and just wanted to share a few of my first impressions.

Packaging is very cool, the screen printed graphics and text are very slick and knowing what goes into that, gives me the impression this company pays attention to detail. I really appreciate the handwritten note, as the person who curates your box actually takes the time to give you a very unique run-down as to why they chose the selections included. Of the 3 bottles I received (I chose Tobacco options) I actually have one of them (Clever Vape's "Nostalgia") in my stash already! It's a juice I do enjoy so receiving this bottle was almost like having my mind read! The second selection was "Shotgun Cider" from Cyber Liquids. A company I'm not familiar with and a flavor (a very authentic apple cider & tobacco) I would not necessarily have chosen on description alone, but one I'm excited to try. Rounding out the selections is Mountain Oak Vapors "Smooth & Mild". I've had a few MOV juices in the past and one of my all time top 5 comes from them. I put this one in a tank immediately, and am vaping this as I type. My juice "Curator" said it tastes like a blunt wrap, and he was spot on. Again another one I might not have picked on first blush.

All in all I'm very pleased with the service and the selections. In all likelihood I'll vape all three of these bottles in their entirety. They are quality liquids that fit my tastes well. In the two months I did the Zample box I think I kept maybe two 10oz. bottles. Knowing now that the price for CV has gone down a bit, I'll definitely go ahead and partake for another month.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Just got mine too. I had chosen "Mint, Florals & Spices, Teas, Tropical & Exotic Fruits, Berries, Citrus" for my flavor profile and 12mg nic. I had a 1/2 off coupon code so the total was $20 (including shipping).

They sent me:
Alpha Vape - Miss White 15ml $12 retail
"A delightful passion tea blend. Sweet raspberry and dragon fruit."

DNA Vapor - Key Lime Pie 15ml $12 retail
"A true Key Lime flavor with a nice Graham Cracker crust and a sweet dollop of whip cream to top it off."

Blueprint - Page Six 30ml $22 retail
"Smooth green tea raspberry with hints of citrus and creamy finish!"

They included a hand written note describing the flavor of Blueprint-Page Six. Blueprint doesn't come with a dripper so they included a plastic dripper bottle. So for $20 I got 60ml of juice that retails for $46, is the nic level I requested, and it all looks like good quality stuff that fits my flavor profile and that I'm pretty sure I'll like, not bad!
Since they have changed the regular price from $40mo to $33mo, I think I'll give it another month and see how it goes. According to their site if I don't like a flavor I can tell them why so they can better cater to my tastes.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I sampled all my bottles and like them all. I think this is why this works better for me than zamplebox would have-if I had zamplebox I might have gotten something too sweet or in a flavor type i hate like caramel, butterscotch or menthol etc, and been very unhappy.

I'm already curious to see what I get next, and what everyone else got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread