The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Crap... I researched Provari all night.

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by mzlynnem, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mzlynnem

mzlynnem Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Waynesville, OH, USA
    Someone please tell me to set my sights on something else... In researching the Provari, I found all the little things I didn't know I needed (but really do)... I was in the market for something INEXPENSIVE, not the darn holy grail! LOL a noob with no money is not supposed to stumble across such things! Anyway... Thought you guys would enjoy that :facepalm:

So do these things ever go on sale? I wouldn't think so, but just checking...

2. Docbrown121

Docbrown121 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2014
    Morris, IL, USA
    Occasionally they do have what is called a "blem" of the provari for 150. There are many people on this forum that have purchased on and they can't seem to find the blemish.

3. p.opus

p.opus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Also you can search the classifieds here and sometimes get a good deal on a used one.

They do hold up their value relatively well, however.

Here's what I would do.....(here it comes... blasphamy....)

Get an MVP2 for 40 to 45 bucks. It's a very nice entry level mod with a built in charger (just plug in a micro USB charger or plug the included cable into a USB port or AC to USB adapter).

It provides a very high quality vape. (near provari level, but not quite.....really close though).

The bad news is that after a year or more, the internal MVP battery will no longer hold a charge. By that time, you will have saved up enough for a ProVari.

OR.....Take a leap of faith and just close your eyes and jump in....The waters fine....

BTW...I have two MVP2's and a ProVari, and none of those were a waste of my money....

4. Splatnext

Splatnext Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    They do go on sale occasionally and sometimes there are blemished units.

Don't let all the do dads and accessories get to you there not all that important, there nice to have but not a must, there are lots of ProVarinati that are perfectly happy with a pro tank on there ProVari.

If you can get verified for the classies you could pick up a used one and often some nice thing with it for a great price.

5. Elantis

Elantis ~≈Dragonfly≈~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
    In order to search the Classifieds here - you would need to get verified first - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/283955-how-become-verified-member.html#post5715314

It takes a few days to clear, and you can find good deals sometimes in the classies...but it sounds as if you need the full package deal, mod, batteries, charger - etc...and that does make the deal more expensive. And also, when you purchase a ProVari through the classies even if it is only like 2 months old, the warranty does not transfer to the new buyer. It states on the ProVape site, that the warranty is only for the purchaser and does not transfer.

I would also recommend the MVP2 as a solid choice for someone just now beginning. It produces a great vape, and is versatile with different options for toppers.

6. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    I've heard that it's actually possible to replace MVP batteries, though you'd probably need some pretty good DIY skills.

To the OP, can you justify buying a ProVari once you consider how much $$$ you're saving by not smoking cigs?

-- Glenn

7. JavaDan

JavaDan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2014
    Chesapeake Bay
    Very true. I just picked up a 2.5 mini with extension cap and 2 AW 18350's for $140.

They are not hard to find in the classifieds.

A good way to go if on a tight budget.

8. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    I don't trust my DIY skills and since I can't get the original part number for the LIPO battery pack, I would not feel comfortable just throwing one in there.

There was another thread here that showed the internals of one and it kind of looked like two LiPo's in parallel. Could not be sure and I'm not about to take mine apart to find out.

9. mzlynnem

Feb 5, 2014
    Waynesville, OH, USA
    I still need several posts to get verified for classifieds, and I'm not going to just start random threads, so it will probably take me quite some time, but definitely can't wait to get there! The issue with $ is, I'm lucky to have nicotine at all, since Sept. rolled around I couldn't afford cigs anymore and honestly barely can afford to vape. It will take me over a year to save up for a Provari alone, not to mention the extras- that's why I'm so upset about discovering it, haha. Been looking for a way to save $ on juice by DIY and rebuilding. Wasn't thinking when I got my iTaste vv3 how the battery would eventually expire (wishing I would've gotten something with replaceable battery) BUT, by the time it dies I will hopefully have enough saved for this.

10. jmercury1

jmercury1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    ny
    yeah, i started with my egos, than my itastevv3s, than went for my mvpv2s and they are great. i recently got a blem black satin 2.5 mini kindof a gift from wifey and its all on top of the line awesome! IMO.but i still use my mvp2s daily because battery life and performance is quite good. if you feel like your low on funds right now, then get the mvp2 you wont regret it. hope this helps, just know that what ever you get it will keep you off of cigs. take care and keep vapeing.

11. RebelGolfer72

RebelGolfer72 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The price of a provari is about equivalent to a months worth of cigarettes (for the average pack a day smoker).
    My opinion, is don't waste any money on cheaper VV/VW mods yet. Take a weeks worth of cigarette money, Grab a few eGo batteries and a few CE4/mini vivi nova/protank mini and some juice samplers. Those will be usable for a few months, with very few headaches to be sure you are not going back to tobacco sticks. Start putting aside the money you were previously spending on cigarettes. A few months down the road you will have enough $ saved that price is not a factor when comparing devices. Likewise, the ego/clearo combi is a great "travel kit" for flying, or a great hand me down to another aspiring vaper). Meanwhile do your research. A lot of what all companies say about their product is marketing fluff. Some "must have" features they sell you on, are worthless to most.

From personal experience (started on 510s moved to eGo batteries/clearos, and bought my first VV/VW device about 9 months ago), my first VV/VW device had all of the bells and whistles. It did have a built in charger, but I bought a good external charger. That device that I spent a little over half of the ProVari on is now in the junk drawer, broken. In hindsight, what I spent on the other device is gone. That $ would have been a nice start to my ProVari savings fund....and when I had the provari, had a 2 year warranty on a device that will be sure to last me many years past that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Nothing wrong with a VV3. I have one on my pen desk at work. It is my "in case of emergency" backup and is filled and charged and ready to go. . If you are not a heavy vaper it will last you a good long time. Figure about 250 to 300 charges minimum, and that's if you discharge it down to the red. So if you charge every day, then 10 months, if once every two days 1.5 years.

If you don't have the newer "six rivet" model, just make sure you hold the bottom while removing the USB plug as it is a tight fit and earlier versions had issues with pulling the bottom out.

The newer six rivet models have a rivet on the bottom of the unit to prevent you from pulling the bottom out when you pull out the usb charge cable.

13. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    That's what P.Opus was saying about the MVP in terms of the battery dying out eventually and not being replaceable, at least not without some serious tinkering skills (I wouldn't try it personally).

But there's other good options out there, and once you get verified hopefully you'll find a good, quick deal on something worthwhile. The classifieds always seem jam packed with worthwhile buys.

-- Glenn

14. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    Once can get verified with as low as 20 posts.

There is plenty of darn good vaping gear, (like your Itaste III).

It may be sensible to slowly acquire the items needed for changeable battery mods, like charger and batteries, and uh, well, a cheaper device for awhile. Then save and get a Provari for Christmas. :)

15. Elantis

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
  16. Johnny101

Johnny101 Moved On ECF Veteran

Hang in there you will get one when the time is right

17. mzlynnem

Feb 5, 2014
    Waynesville, OH, USA
    I love that you just said that. One of my very best friends used to say that all the time. :)

And thanks for everyone helping me. FYI I only refer to myself as a "noob" in terms of experience with actual vape gear. And the fact I've just enough knowledge to make me dangerous, haha:)

I've been smoke-free since September, thanks to V2 Cigs to start... I guess I should get one of those doo-dads.

18. Elantis

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
    Congratz on your success mzlynnem!!! I began my journey with cig-a-likes also. I joined here the day I got my first kit, and have been smoke-free ever since.

19. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2013
    Scranton, Pa USA
    Once you have one then you'll want another.... lol It's a given..... But also once you have one nothing else will do!!!

20. p.opus

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    That's not quite true. I take my Zmax V3 out with me to places I would never subject "my precious" to. Like....almost everywhere...

My Precious stays at home, nice and safe and always available. I don't have a wife to come home to....so "my precious" is a poor substitute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.