Crazy Air hole diameters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
What would bigger air holes do on a greatly built rba? Almost all vapers here in the Philippines are pro at rebuilding already, since it's probably the most widely available atty here, and it's really popular. Same as mechs. But I don't get it! People here are crazy about Air holes, they say the bigger it is the better. But for me, a 1.5 mm air hole is already too big. 1.2 mm is what I find the best, but almost everyone goes for 2mm, some 2.5 or 3mm, and I also saw one guy who has multiple RBAs with 4 and 5 mm Airholes! like wth? how is that so satisfying? though they produce godly amounts of vapor, even with high PG juices. It's like looking at real nimbus clouds when they puff it out. is its point only for more vapor production?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Then there's really no point, it's stupid. Who'd want to puff that much out in public?

No, there really is no point, for me anyway. Some folks just build these vapor machines just for show. I don't know if they vape like that all the time. I certainly have no interest in it. For me, vaping, and building RBAs, is about enjoying the flavor of the juice.

beanpusher

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
South San Diego, CA United States
I am one that enjoys a 3/32 airhole for each coil i have set up. I get a satisfying nic delivery actually cutting down to 6mg and still getting stellar flavor without having to suffocate myself on superlong drags. 3-4 second pulls and thats it. Its relevant to your builds. When im vaping my dual coils at .5 ohms i need that airflow to be quick. But in the end its just preferance. Everyone has their own vape style. Whatever keeps you from having an analog.

grindle

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Cork
Indeed. Btw, there has to be some downside on big airholes. what could they be? less flavor or TH?

Much less throathit. If they had the coils at a reasonable resistance there'd be more flavour but they tend to like them hot and sub 1ohm so it'd have less flavour and be really really warm and moist.
Most of them seem to have multiple coils so the coils that aren't in front of the ginormous airholes would be providing most of the TH, although how much TH is possible with massive airholes? I had 2x1.5mm holes in a plastic chamber and the throathit was almost non-existent (for me) with dual-coils and 24mg juice. Stopped using that tube once I missed the TH. Vapour and flavour production was nice while it lasted, but not worth it at all.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
I've seen it suggested that a major factor is the humidity in the Phillippines; that vapor is produced more easily and they need to add more air to the air/vapor mix to get a satisfying vape. Either that or they do it to post one of the many green-tinted (why are they always green-tinted?) vapor-cloud videos that show nothing but a person in a room blowing huge clouds. Seems like a strange niche of vaping if that's the only reason. I have to think it's more to do with getting a satisfying vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread