Crazy Alabama city ordinance fixing to be passed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Ok so I am from Al. I saw on the news last night that Homewood is fixing to pass a no smoking ordinance that includes e cigarettes that would prevent people from vaping in vape shops....however smoke shops that get more then 80 percent of their business from tobacco sales are still allowed to smoke inside...Wha???

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
When the indoor smoking ban went into effect in my town, vaping went right along with it. We're still allowed to vape in vape shops but it's frowned upon in any other public building. The fact that your city would ban it in vaping shops but still allow smoking in smoke shops just boggles the mind. :blink:

Reactions: EBates

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Seems like a pretty special kind of stupid to me.

Then again, their motives are quite clear: protect the tobacco industry, and the Tobacco Control industry.
Vaping simply doesn't yet put enough money into the government coffers, whereas BT, BP, and TC do...

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
My former tobacco shop (located in Framingham) had a nice back-room that was legally zoned for pipes, and cigars to be consumed within. They had nice leather couches, big telly, and proper ventilation.

The vape shop (in the same town of Framingham) does not allow vaping inside. If you want to sample the flavors they sell, they give you a store-branded coffee cup, and fill it up with the sample CE4 cleromizers and kick you outside to sample. I grilled the managers hard about this as to why they didn't fight it, and they basically said the health inspector made it up on the spot when the initial inspection happened. Basically making a law without ANY legislation, or vote.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
My former tobacco shop (located in Framingham) had a nice back-room that was legally zoned for pipes, and cigars to be consumed within. They had nice leather couches, big telly, and proper ventilation.

The vape shop (in the same town of Framingham) does not allow vaping inside. If you want to sample the flavors they sell, they give you a store-branded coffee cup, and fill it up with the sample CE4 cleromizers and kick you outside to sample. I grilled the managers hard about this as to why they didn't fight it, and they basically said the health inspector made it up on the spot when the initial inspection happened. Basically making a law without ANY legislation, or vote.

This scares the hell outta me.

Reactions: Liskrig

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

A few crisp 100 dollar bills in the inspectors hands would have solved that.

Maybe that was just the excuse they gave you.

Reactions: zapped

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
They could likely get around that by declaring themselves a private club.... Though that may require getting a liquor license, depending on your state laws. That's how bars in PA get around the smoking indoors ban (though we don't have any vaping indoors bans yet, as far as I am aware).

What they did here in ohio when the yahoos in this state voted to ban smoking in the constitution. Idiots I live among.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
A few crisp 100 dollar bills in the inspectors hands would have solved that.

Maybe that was just the excuse they gave you.

I'm sure it would have... But this is mASSachusetts... That would have probably been a federal offence for bribing a public official... to be followed by a law$uit for 'pain and suffering' lol.

I truly want to believe that it was an excuse... I really do, but having spent hundreds of dollars at that particular shop, and knowing all the employees by first name, I'd like to think they aren't lying about it :(

blade_922

Oct 5, 2015
Smoking has been banned indoors in the UK for years, but vaping is getting quite popular here where I am in not so sunny glasgow.

I think it's a complete and utter joke you can't vape in many public open places. Ok fair enough at work in an enclosed environment or something you can have restrictions but in open public places like shopping centres etc they should be allowed.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
My former tobacco shop (located in Framingham) I grilled the managers hard about this as to why they didn't fight it, and they basically said the health inspector made it up on the spot when the initial inspection happened. Basically making a law without ANY legislation, or vote.

Its hard to fight an enemy that constantly changes the rules, our laws, our Constitution and Bill of Rights, right and wrong, the truth etc to suit their agendas.

We all know it shouldnt be like that but to their way of "thinking" were the backwards ones.

Reactions: Oregon Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread