Credit turned down even though purchase was approved .

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Is this common ? Yeah , my credit isn't great but i bought an item for $23.00 and was refused .

Here is their message to me

Herb, your credit card company did approve the transaction.

It is my credit card authorizer that has decided for what ever reason you are a credit risk.

The group I have hired guarantees me my sale dollars as long as they approve the transaction.

My fraud has done down by 90% since I have hired them.

I will have to go with their advice on this issue.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Have you made charge backs in the past?
I am asking because the vendors response mentioned a reduction in
fraud by 90%. Fraudulent charge backs are significant reason
for online line losses to vendors.
I am not pointing fingers,just asking.
Mike

Nope not once

Reactions: skoony

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
"Herb, your credit card company did approve the transaction.
It is my credit card authorizer that has decided for what ever reason you are a credit risk.
The group I have hired guarantees me my sale dollars as long as they approve the transaction.
I will have to go with their advice on this issue."

From the response you received it does not appear to be you personally but instead to be his CC Authorizer. For whatever reason they have something against your CC Company and possibly it is other users of that card have made charge backs. I would request who the authorizer is and for you to be able to request an explanation IN WRITING.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

From the response you received it does not appear to be you personally but instead to be his CC Authorizer. For whatever reason they have something against your CC Company and possibly it is other users of that card have made charge backs. I would request who the authorizer is and for you to be able to request an explanation IN WRITING.

I'll just buy from someone else , no biggie . I know whoever i buy from will get paid , they always do.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Herb, I also would buy from somewhere else after I got an explanation on the details of who, what and why this company he uses decided to decline a charge that was approved. My point was your card was approved but it is some second party this supplier involves to guarantee he gets paid. The more I think about it this sounds a bit shady.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY

I would want this explanation myself as well. I want to know who has such authority over my creditworthiness.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Herb, I also would buy from somewhere else after I got an explanation on the details of who, what and why this company he uses decided to decline a charge that was approved. My point was your card was approved but it is some second party this supplier involves to guarantee he gets paid. The more I think about it this sounds a bit shady.

Thanks , i agree 100% .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread