Creme Caramel ... Burns my mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyMahem

May 5, 2013
Naperville, IL
My first taste of VV juice was Black Cherry Marshmallow 100%vg... HEAVEN! :drool: Absolute HEAVEN! (current ADV)

So I can't wait to crack into my bottle of Creme Caramel 50/50 ... OUCH! It burns my mouth! :shock: The TH is so strong it's unvapable to me. Pins and needles on my tongue. Please tell me this isn't normal and I should toss the bottle and try a different one.

So bummed.

DaisyMahem

May 5, 2013
Naperville, IL
Most of my other juices are 50/50 and some even 80/20. I have 2 juices that burn my mouth, this one and cucumber/melon.

It's not logical. Both are mild flavors. I have literally about 30 bottles of different juice - dif nic strength - dif pg/vg - and from all different vendors. (still in search of what's right for me)

I never got an answer back from ECB about the cucumber/melon so I thought I'd try here.

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Hi Daisy,

It sounds to me like the ethyl alcohol, especially if it's from a freshly mixed batch. Uncap the bottle and let it sit for about 48 hours to allow the ethyl alcohol to evaporate and you will notice a huge difference (you'll notice a difference in the smell after just a few hours). I had an email from someone last week with the same problem, and I gave the same advice. I got an email from her yesterday, to report that she was delighted with the results, and she was back to vapin' happy on her favorite Crème Caramel. :)

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
The creme caramel is also one of those flavors that takes several wks before i really tastes good... like a great caramel should. But when it does... you'll love it, it's really tasty! Just plan ahead for the long steep "bloom" time!

Btw... the BCM is my fav also! Soooo uh-may-zing! You gotta try the Pillow Dreams too, especially if you love the blk cherry marshmallow! It's a similar taste but a little more of a sweet vanilla that's insanely good by itself and mixes well with all other VV flavors!!

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
The creme caramel is also one of those flavors that takes several wks before i really tastes good... like a great caramel should. But when it does... you'll love it, it's really tasty! Just plan ahead for the long steep "bloom" time!

Btw... the BCM is my fav also! Soooo uh-may-zing! You gotta try the Pillow Dreams too, especially if you love the blk cherry marshmallow! It's a similar taste but a little more of a sweet vanilla that's insanely good by itself and mixes well with all other VV flavors!!

***Sorry about that... no clue why it double posted!***

Last edited:

DaisyMahem

May 5, 2013
Naperville, IL
Oh, and Daisy, I used to live in Naperville! It's been over 30 years, but I grew up in that area...Warrenville specifically. :)

I live at Rt59 & I88 ... The border of Warrenville. I went to beauty school in Wheaton on Butterfield Rd back in 1987. If you haven't been back, you'd never recognize it.

Small world.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Wow---I think that may be my issue! I also emailed you regarding a similar reaction to the Blackberry Vanilla Swirl. I actually spell my name differently IRL...you may have remembered responding.

Do you know if a stuffy nose immediately after vaping a juice that hasn't been allowed to breathe is also due to EA? I have a juice now from a different vendor that is doing the very same thing--pins/needles and a stuffy nose.

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Hi alisa1970, it's hard to say if it's the organic EA causing your stuffy nose. I'd recommend you let the VBS "breathe" uncapped for 24 - 48 hours, allowing the EA to evaporate, then give it another shot and see if it helps. Annette wrote a blog that might be of interest to you regarding reaction/symptoms:

Allergic Reactions to E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Remember, the Absolute Virgin line of flavors is 100% free of EA (except for tobacco), so you have that option if you decide you want to avoid EA altogether. I hope you'll check back in and let us know if the uncapping method worked for you as far as clearing up your stuffy nose. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread