Crinkle BB's... how many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Just curious, I understand the crinkle finish BB's are no longer available, but I was lucky enough to get on in the classifieds. Just wondered how many were made? Got to say I love it, feels awesome, and looks great with my Black Jeep!

There were just about 40 or so that made it out, severeal of the crinkles had a bad finish and stayed here with me :)

ohiomelody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Newark, Ohio
heck he could do an after market paint job for peeps. i would love a krinkle green bb and pt to match
That would be difficult. In order to powder coat a unit it has to be taken apart and then just send the shell to powder coat. The heat caused by baking the unit would damage the internal components otherwise.;)

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
That would be difficult. In order to powder coat a unit it has to be taken apart and then just send the shell to powder coat. The heat caused by baking the unit would damage the internal components otherwise.;)
i am aware. but maybe it could be an after thought when people send them for repair.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Actually, we don't get enough in for repair to send a batch to the powder coater. The total number returned to date wouldn't even be enough. We can't send one at a time.

Well.... you have that big ole new CNC machine just sitting there in some huge shop with nothing to keep it company except some storage for stock. Lonely. I'll bet that sectioning off an area for powder coating would liven things up a bit. You could turn out the complete product right there in house. :D

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
My buddy worked in a powder coating shop, the actual work area was about 1000 square feet and it was over 130°F in there at all times. Granted, they were coating large items like metal gate doors, but I don't know how easy it would be to section off a small area for powder coating. I think the smallest units take up a 20' area and cost at least 15-20 grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread