• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Crossing the border with Juice and PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
I am taking a trip down south soon and obviously want to take my PV but now i'm second guessing it.

Anyone have any experience with searches at the border (US or Canada side) and anything being confiscated?

I'm pretty sure there is a law that says no nicotine can be imported in to Canada but does that include bottles for personal use?

Just would be real ...... if everything got taken.

Any advice is appreciated.. right now i'm thinking no... :(

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Blah. Stolen pv. Nice.

Guess ill be smoking this trip :(

Inked, please noooooo!
crying.gif
I looked at that thread & it appears to me to be an isolated incident, very much so. Certainly no call for you to even dream of picking up a dirty analog.

You're going down by car...right? If you're really really concerned, just keep your battery on your person - in your pocket, inside your wallet, hell even in your underwear if you really want to keep it safe etc (might want to wrap it in bubblewrap first). :D To the best of my understanding, border guards do not stop every car & then order everyone to step out of the car, empty their pockets, walk through metal detectors, then stand somewhere else out of view of their car, while their car is given a lengthy strip-search.

Generally, they just ask you a few routine questions, glance at your ID, and wave you on through. The border wouldn't be able to function practically if they started asking every travelling driver to stop, exit their vehicles & empty their pockets or what not. So please relax. You won't have any problems traveling by car.

huggy.gif

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I was just flying, and to be honest, it was NO big deal.

As long as your liquids are sealed in a ziplock bag, and your batteries are seperate (i would frown upon carrying a big battery mod on your carryon), you'll be fine.

For the plane, I brought 2 x charged batteries and 2 prefilled cartos for the flight, and not even a blink with security.

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
Hmm ok.

Yea, i'll be driving. I've been pulled over and searched all 3 times i've came back into Canada from other US trips... while it was nothing to worry about at the time, the PV is new to me.

I haven't been flying in awhile but my experiences with border guards have been nothing but .......s. Those guys seem to act like they treat people like .... just because they are doing their job.

Hell they rummaged through our damn cereal boxes and cookie bags with bare hands the last time. Felt like telling them to just throw it out if they are going to do that to all to our food.

I've got a 5v Saber that i'm in love with now but am not sure how well that would work.

Figure i'll take two ego batts , two atties and a couple 5ml bottles marked with just the flavor.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Last time I crossed I brought two standard 510 batts and a car lighter charger, along with a PCC. I left it in plain view with my I-pod (so it all looks associated), and just kept my juice in two unmarked (except flavor) bottles in the glove box along with another 510 battery and plug in charger). NOTHING HIDDEN or deliberately concealed.

I had no issues myself, BUT, I'm also slightly older, short haired, look people in the eye when conversing, and a calm placid attitude when needed.

I think, as mentioned, its hit and miss of being the odd car out if searched, as well as being dependant on how you portray yourself. I went through with the attitude I was doing nothing wrong (which I wasn't) and no guilty conscience. I also have no past border/law issues on record.

I felt I could afford to lose those cheaper items, but just wouldn't take a chance a losing a prized and expensive mod (although I personally don't think it should matter with my Fistpak since its nothing more than a modified power pak).

VapeOn,
Greg

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Inked,
I hope your trips goes well, I didn't want to be an alarmist or anything, but didn't want you to lose any precious cargo and as luck would have it I had just seen that thread and wanted to give ya a heads up.

This new obsession has me thinking about "what if" if you know what I mean? Guess now we're all busy trying to be boy scouts by always being prepared!! I know that if something dies/disappears I can't run to wally world or anything for my newest pastime.. I hope you have a great time and let us know how it goes! Vicki

Last edited:

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
As expected entering the US I could have smuggled a trunk load of dope and he didn't bother to ask more than 2 questions.

I'm expecting entry back to Canada to be the issue as I HAVE been searched before. Unfortunately I'm not the most innocent looking with my shaved head, big beard and covered with tattoos and piercings lol

I just brought 2 ego batts and a couple 5ml juice bottles marked with flavor. No big deal if there is a problem.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Wow. So many horror stories. I drive over the Detroit-Windsor border and the Sarnia one sometimes and never had a prob at all (i'm totally jinxing myself right?). Brought all my vape stuff and no problems.

I always do the following.

Roll all windows down

Remove sunglasses.

Have passports ready.

Look agent in the eye and give a relaxed greeting.

Have exact itinerary and be ready to answer any questions about your trip (destination, length of stay, purpose of trip).

I usually have more hassles coming back to the States than going into Canada. Just try and stop me from vaping after I have my poutine!

And as far as I know (I'm speculating here) you don't have to say the PV is a tobacco product when they ask if you're bringing in tobacco. And how would they know if there is nic in your juice?

Have a good trip. I say bring the stuff (regardless of the stolen PV story).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread