Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I had a lot of teething issues when I got my Crown tanks and their RBA.
Mainly leaks.Lots and lots of leaks with the RBA.
Wicked it according to several different 'guaranteed' methods. Leak.
Even ruined an RBA from leaking. Just would never read resistance afterwards.

But, I'm persistent.

Been vaping with the two tanks and two RBAs for about a month now with zero leaks.

Basically, you take a very wide piece of KGD (7mm?), split it in half and turn the two pieces inside out. Stick them back together. Roll it a bit, but not tight.
Pull it through the coil. Hopefully you have SS or Ti as it is going to be VERY tight.
Put a 'hook' on it right at the center of the coil (the tunnel part) so it will be at the window on the chimney when you put it back.
Cut it about 3mm longer than the base of the RBA. Keep the bend and press the chimney back in place.
You'll need to push the cotton with something to keep it inside and not allow it to get trapped between the chimney and the base of the RBA.
After the chimney is back and clicked into place, take the same tool you just used and push the cotton down so the entire window on the chimney is full of cotton. I didn't push any down anywhere else, just made sure the windows on the chimney were completely filled.
Prime it with a tiny amount of juice, but not saturated and NOT on top of the coil so you don't accidentally get juice into the airflow hole.
Put the coil onto the tank, fill with juice, let it sit a couple of minutes, give a couple of 'dry' pulls (no firing), vape.

This is the only way I found to get a leak free vape with these tanks and RBAs.
You have to have more cotton than you think will fit, then add a bit more, to make it leak free.
Been around a month and many tanks on each of them with zero leaks. Using DIY 40/60 PG/VG juice.

Hope this is helpful to someone, I almost gave up on these, but I'm glad I didn't.

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
The S wicking method is also a very good way to keep it from a leak free vape. Instead of the traditional pancake method that you would use on say a kayfun or the sub tank mini... You cut the wick even with the bottom of the atty instead of the build deck... Take a flat head and trap the inside of the tail and fold then end over forming an S curve... Then repeat on the opposite side so it appears to be a mirror image mimicking an S. Ensure no portion of the wick is in the air hole or you will have a leaky mess. Place the cap on using your flat head to lightly stuff the cotton enough to get the cap into place. Wet the wick and vape away

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
20160219_203517~2.jpg
20160219_203320~2.jpg
20160219_203135~2.jpg
20160219_203107~2.jpg
20160219_202937~2.jpg
this is just a quick put together to give you an idea... Just remember that with the crown rba it takes a little more cotton that most

japhia42

Feb 20, 2016
I'm getting that. More cotton, less leaking. I'm very unhappy with the stock coils, EVERY one I've used, leaks. So, with the RBA at least I can control cotton amounts to prevent leaks. Also have seen a few videos where the user "pulls' the cotton out of the feeder holes on the sides to help prevent leaks. It's a shame about the stock coils, great flavor, lots o' leaks.

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
There is a balance with cotton though...yes the more you have you soak up and prevent leaks, however you also mute the flavor. I wouldnt recommend pulling the wicks out of the juice holes just because if you happen to screw the rba in with those wick ends pointing down your directing all of that juice directly towards the bottom of the deck and ultimately out of the air holes. My issue with the stock coils was never the leaking part it was just that they only lasted me 6 hours.... i didnt do my research about having to break them in slowly....low wattage and gradually increase your vape to the desired wattage over a series of like 30 mins or so. The other reason people are having stock coil leakage is due to they are priming them like all other coils.... these you cant do that...you cannot under any circumstances get liquid down the center of the coil...or it becomes a trail. and unless you have the 15 minutes to hold the tank upside down and burn it all off your gurgling and leaking and spitting through your whole tank,.

japhia42

Feb 20, 2016
I get that. Have been without a cigarette 2 years the 15th of March. Been through my share of all the new "in" things to date up to and including sub ohm tanks. Its more aggravating than anything. I just put the leaked juice back int my bottle periodically through the day at my delivery stops. I will figure it out and I certainly appreciate all the advice!

Reactions: Clydde26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread