Crown Tank by Uwell - Where'd You Buy Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyOne

Apr 25, 2015
The Crown tank by uwell...it's supposed to be amazing and I've wanted to try it for 2+ months now. I know we can buy it straight from the Chinese manufacturer, but I'd rather buy it from a trusted USA vendor if at all possible. Last I heard there was one vendor selling it here in the States. If you know of a good vendor, please let me/us know. I'm dying to get my hands on a Crown tank ASAP. Thanks!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I would suggest holding off for another week and checking out the impressions of the Freemax Starre Pro before buying the Crown.

The current Freemax Starre is widely considered the best high-watt subohm tank out there right now. The Starre Pro adds top-filling and Freemax is also releasing temperature control coils for the Starre line of tanks. The current Starre coils are some of the best in the industry and I have yet to hear of someone who didn't get a month or more use out of a single coil, which is amazing for a subohm coil. And they're much easier to find as well.

The Starre and the Crown are comparable in performance. Both work in the same wattage range, both are known for having great flavor and putting out a ton of vapor. Currently the one advantage the Crown has is the top-fill but the Starre Pro adds that feature. Check both out and read or watch plenty of youtube reviews of both before you make your decision. You may decide to stick with that Crown, you may decide to go with the Starre Pro, but whichever you choose at least you'll make the choice knowing that you looked at all of the options and knew what you had to choose from, rather than kicking yourself in the .... later with buyers remorse.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
I would suggest holding off for another week and checking out the impressions of the Freemax Starre Pro before buying the Crown.

The current Freemax Starre is widely considered the best high-watt subohm tank out there right now. The Starre Pro adds top-filling and Freemax is also releasing temperature control coils for the Starre line of tanks. The current Starre coils are some of the best in the industry and I have yet to hear of someone who didn't get a month or more use out of a single coil, which is amazing for a subohm coil. And they're much easier to find as well.

The Starre and the Crown are comparable in performance. Both work in the same wattage range, both are known for having great flavor and putting out a ton of vapor. Currently the one advantage the Crown has is the top-fill but the Starre Pro adds that feature. Check both out and read or watch plenty of youtube reviews of both before you make your decision. You may decide to stick with that Crown, you may decide to go with the Starre Pro, but whichever you choose at least you'll make the choice knowing that you looked at all of the options and knew what you had to choose from, rather than kicking yourself in the .... later with buyers remorse.

yah - they are supposed to be hitting the market (the Freemax Starre Pro) in the next week or so - definitely have my eye on one - absolutely love my v1 Starre

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Best tank I've ever purchased, including the Starre Pro, etc, etc, etc...Not a hint of a leak, coils last incredibly long.
+1 on this!

I just got mine a few days ago. Am running the 0.25ohm coil at 70 watts only because I haven't yet purchased a Snowwolf or other dual battery high wattage box mod.

What is your "sweet spot" with this tank?
How many mls of juice are you able to run through these coils before you need to install a new one?

All I know is that I need to either "step up" my DIY game or start treating this tank as a "desert" and not a "3-square meals-a-day" tank.

Last edited:

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Guys just thought I would share, Code-3 Vapor is having a sale on The Crown right now where you can get it for $22 shipped. Just ordered mine last night! But, the sale is only good for tomorrow (Thursday) I believe. IF they have any left. For people asking about the mod to run one, I plan on using my Sigelei 150 but any mod that does 120 watts or more I am guessing would be suitable.

Reactions: Ardy

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
+1 on this!

I just got mine a few days ago. Am running the 0.25ohm coil at 70 watts only because I haven't yet purchased a Snowwolf or other dual battery high wattage box mod.

What is your "sweet spot" with this tank?
How many mls of juice are you able to run through these coils before you need to install a new one?

All I know is that I need to either "step up" my DIY game or start treating this tank as a "desert" and not a "3-square meals-a-day" tank.

Susan, I been using the same .5 coil since I received it over a month ago...no difference in taste or vapor I can distinguish at 35 watts on the SX mini M....I fill the tank about three times a day.

When I change the coil I'll try the nickle.

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Susan, I been using the same .5 coil since I received it over a month ago...no difference in taste or vapor I can distinguish at 35 watts on the SX mini M....I fill the tank about three times a day.

When I change the coil I'll try the nickle.
Thanks @inspects!

My original 0.25Ω coil (at 70 watts) is still going strong (1.5 tanks/day). It's been 2+ weeks.:)

Reactions: inspects

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Thanks @inspects!

My original 0.25Ω coil (at 70 watts) is still going strong (1.5 tanks/day). It's been 2+ weeks.:)

It should last a LOT longer too.

I've been using the same coil in my Starre since June 11th vaping around 6ml per day through it. That's almost 2 months on a single coil, and it's still working just as well as it did when it was new.

Reactions: Susan~S

Ardy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2010
The Cascades
Guys just thought I would share, Code-3 Vapor is having a sale on The Crown right now where you can get it for $22 shipped. Just ordered mine last night! But, the sale is only good for tomorrow (Thursday) I believe. IF they have any left. For people asking about the mod to run one, I plan on using my Sigelei 150 but any mod that does 120 watts or more I am guessing would be suitable.

Thanks for that heads up:thumbs: I got the tank and the RBA for $34 shipped:)

Reactions: StrahmNoMore

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
That site I linked ya'll to, Code 3 Vapor, while unfortunately they aren't having the $22 sale on the tank anymore (I don't think?) has the coils for 12 bucks, which with free shipping would be a few bucks cheaper than the one above. So there are alternatives, I did notice Vapor World is listed as an official vendor on Uwell's website. I do wanna give a shout out to Code 3 Vapor tho, not only did I get the Crown for $22, I ordered it late night on a Tuesday and had it on a Saturday with no S&H charge. Will definitely order from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread