The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

crystal tipped battery

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by vconrad, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vconrad

vconrad Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    .wysiwyg { BACKGROUND: #ffffff; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } Ladies, this was soooo easy. Don't waste your money on the dlight diamond tipped PV. This is my 501. I think you can use any PV.
    You don't even have to buy a bedazzler kit. Just buy a packet of the refill crystals.

1. Pop off plastic cap

2. Bend prongs to fit in the end of your pv.

3. with a small brush or toothpick apply a thin layer of jewelers glue around the edge of the crystal.

3. Insert jewel from the Bedazzler kit!

I did this in about 5 min. Nothing could be easier!

Attached Files:

2. QueenInNC

QueenInNC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2009
    Charlotte, NC USA
  3. vconrad

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    It was so easy I couldn't believe it. The crystal fit right in! A .5 cent crystal and they are charging like $25 bucks extra for it. Of course I am vaping champagne with it.

4. Slea

Slea Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Tennessee, USA
    Awesome! I've been dying to try this with my EVOs.

5. Porphy

Porphy Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    The refill kit comes with all the sizes? Found a kit for 4.99 (w/o shipping - shipping is going to kill me LOL)

Bedazzler Refill Clear

I'd--in a perfect world--like to find the perfect size for my 510 battery and just get that size but I'll go with whatever works at the moment.

P.S.- anyone know an easy method to getting a graphic on the rounded surfaces of batteries/attys? Printing, stenciling, embossing it's not an issue. I just want something that will last the life of the piece to help distinguish my e-cig from my wifes. (This rhinestone being the first step.)

Thanks for the walkthrough Vconrad! This is going to be a new "must have" mod for many users and it's so easy!

6. Moobyghost

Moobyghost Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2009
    New Church, Virginia
    ok what happened here? You replaced the ash cap with a bedazzle-dodad? Can you get a closer up photo by chance?

7. Porphy

Jun 12, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Edit - removed my previous post. Found out the the actual "Bedazzler" size is 34. You can purchase the stones and settings in the colors you want here: Kit Kraft Rhinestones and Settings

The really sad thing about all this research is that I've tried to purchase these from about 10 sites and none of them ship to S. Korea. I'm getting a bit ticked off at companies that don't want to make money on the expatriate market. :grr::confused::grr:

8. vconrad

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    Come on...It's a 5 cent crystal stuck and glued in the end of a 510....lol I'm no engineer it's just not that difficult! Here is a close up of it.

Attached Files:

9. Stehle

Stehle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2009
    Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
    Yes, but I still think it looks gorgeous! :)

10. vconrad

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL

Attached Files:

11. vconrad

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    Hi, Stehle. I'll make one for you personally. What color crystal do you want? I think sapphire blue for you.

12. Porphy

Jun 12, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    All these places ship US only. I'll have to go the old fashioned route and get them shipped to a friend, buy them a case of beer, get them to ship it to me.

At least all my health care is taken care of for under $200 annually LOL.

13. AGNES PEACOCK

AGNES PEACOCK Super Member ECF Veteran

Pretty crafty of you vconrad. Better than my idea of a swarovski crystal and plumbers goop. Yours is more economical, as the batteries are throw aways anyway. Very nice.

14. vconrad

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    I got a fix for your graphics needs too Porphy. Nail art. I started puttingthem on my attys so I could tell the old from the new. Here is a pic.

Attached Files:

15. vconrad

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    Porphy, here's what you gotta do. Find a 12 year old girl. Say show me your Bedazzler stash. I'll give you $5.00 fora few 5mm crystals.

16. vconrad

Jun 28, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    Thank you I design jewelry in my spare time.

17. Porphy

Jun 12, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    LOL Bedazzler never made it big over here or I would. On the nail art I've been hitting local beauty places picking some up but I really want to find some for myself, so I've been scouring the internet for some "manly" looking ones.

From what I gather you grit down the finish a bit, apply the nail art, and top coat. I'm sure I could just slap it on but I think with the above method it'll have some longevity. I'll give it a whirl once I find a good spray-on top coat.

Update on the rhinestones! Found a costume shop that has these in stock and ships internationally! Was a ***** finding a store that shipped to me, with the right product. Who knew being crafty could be so tough?

18. Kameleon

Kameleon Full Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Don't keep it to yourself! What shop are you talking about?

19. Stehle

Stehle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2009
    Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
    How did you ever know.... I love blue!!! :)

20. Bandit

Bandit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sounds to me like a few guys might end up in jail after your post....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.