The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CSP: FDA Guidance on Flavored Vape

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by LoveVanilla, Feb 3, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    FDA Guidance on Flavored Vape
    What retailers need to know about selling electronic nicotine products
    Note above list of approved PMTA application currently shows "page not found".

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    In other words, they're reversing what they said in the original Deeming Regs, which quite clearly stated that manufacturers would have an additional year on the market after the PMTA deadline, provided they had filed a PMTA by the deadline. In fact, they're forcing stuff off the market prior to the actual deadline.

:-x

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Does the Deeming Rule Set specifically say that there would be a 1 Year period to continue to sell products while under PMTA review?

4. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Confusing...it also says this:
    "Manufacturers need to file a PMTA for each ENDS product with the FDA by May 12, 2020, to keep their products on the market after May 12"

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I'm not really inclined to re-read the whole depressing 499 pages again. My guess is it was couched in some words make it a matter of the FDA's "discretion".

6. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I'm with you on the Not Re-Reading part. It kinda makes me want to Spit on my Monitor every time that I do.

But if I recall correctly, it said that a PMTA-ed product could remain on the market while under FDA Review. And or if the FDA requested Additional information or Data regarding the PMTA.

I Don't recall any Statuary Time Limits as to how long a PMTA-ed product under review could remain on the Market. And the 1 Year time frame I believe came from FDA Statements regarding How Long a successful PMTA would take to be Reviewed. Be that as it may.

There were also Statements by the FDA say'n that they predict that a Substantial Percentage of PMTA would be Summarily Dismissed due to "Incompleteness".

But that Isn't surprising. Seeing that the FDA has NEVER disclosed exactly what a "Complete PMTA" would look like.

7. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I don't think they know themselves what one should look like.

I believe to date, three have been approved:
    * The one for some Swedish Match snus.
    * The one for IQOS
    * The one for 21st Century's ultra-low nicotine cigs.

All three of these are totally different products, and of course, none are vapor products.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah... If it Wasn't True, it would almost be Funny.

That the FDA alone can define what is a successful PMTA. But they are Unwilling or Unable to define what Exactly that is.

"You got to stem the evil tide
    And keep it all on the inside
    Mary you're nearly a treat
    Mary you're nearly a treat
    But you're Really a Cry"

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.