• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

CT Legislation hits the state senate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

I just got off he phone with the CASAA and though each and every one of you should know that there is a piece of legislation currently in our state senate banning the use of ecigs under the current tobacco laws. This means no more ninja vaping in stores, lobbies, restaurants and bars. It would also means that if the no smoking in cars with kids law is passed you won't be able to vape in your cars either. Furthermore, should this legislation pass it would ease the way for future legislation, lumping eCigs under the tobacco umbrella. I don't know about the rest of you but this is not happening if anything can be done to stop it; and it can. Your voice heard is all that is needed to squish this legislation.

Please please please subscribe to the CASAA.org if you have not already done so. Once more information is given me (I've been told by Monday) I will pass this along through every venue I can. This simply cannot be allowed to happen without a fight.

I was informed that the CASAA intends to issue a Call To Action on this soon. They are great at guiding us and will likely tell us exactly what needs to be done. It is however, up to you to do it.

I hope you will. I will. 100%.

I intend to spend some time talking to our local B&M and online retailers as well as to personally visit our state's capital to fight this. We will need your help too. Please subscribe to CASAA and when the Call to Action comes, do what they say.

Best wishes,
April - CT eCig store owner, vaper of 8 months and former 25year smoker.

Here is a link to the bill. Please read it. When I get guidance from CASAA I will absolutely share it here.

AN ACT PROHIBITING SMOKING IN MOTOR VEHICLES WITH MINOR CHILDREN.[/URL]

"That link shows the language of one of the two similar bills introduced by Henry Genga et al. Although it does not specifically name electronic cigarettes, the wording "similar device" can easily include them. Legislation of this type can be dangerous because although no one wants children exposed to cigarette smoke, tagging along e cigarettes in the bill would create a slippery slope for vapers in CT."

AN ACT PROHIBITING SMOKING IN MOTOR VEHICLES WITH MINOR CHILDREN.
Connecticut General Assembly

Compliments of George Bouton - A friend of Northeast Vaper Supplies and owner of Escape the Analog website.

upinvapo44

Jan 30, 2013
Hamden, CT
Hi April. Thanks for taking the time to do all of this. I saw your Facebook announcements too and am all over this. I'll alert my friends as well as family and force them to comply with CASAA guidelines. I really appreciate you looking out for us. I promise I'll stop by to see you soon and pick up that Cadbury attempt. I've been swamped at work and yes, that is a good thing.

Oh. Im also adding you as a friend. If you accept, you'll be exclusive. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread