The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cthulhu Gaia RDTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Petabread, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DP2Raja

DP2Raja Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Yeah, I keep thinking that when I get this I have to try the squonk setup, but I have to find a relatively cheap squonk mod to see if I even like that setup. Not a lot of options in the lower price range and I don't want to commit $$ to it unless I'm really going to go that route.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Daisychainvaper

Daisychainvaper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2015
    I got this a few weeks ago too from cthulhumod for review. They did not tell me that they send it - all of a sudden it was in my mailbox.

Honestly I did not expect such a good performance. This one is finally machined pretty good. I looooove the bottom only airflow option. The draw is perfect and the flavor is stellar. One of the few tanks that actually drove me away from my beloved moonshots for a few days. Very hassle free to set up - nothing special you have to take care - just throw a build on it and tuck the wicks in the holes.

Go for it!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Afcarmona

Afcarmona Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    Las Vegas NV USA
    my gaia is in San Francisco... just a couple more days... :)
    I'll be setting this up for a sqounker - just got a vt inbox...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Petabread

Petabread Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Mine showed up the same way, I had no idea it was on the way. I knew I had been selected to review something for Cthulhu, had no idea it was the Gaia, and had no idea it would be as fantastic as it is.

They REALLY nailed this one, both with looks and functionality. The only thing that would make this any better is a black variation and larger capacity, but even that isn't necessary.

I've tried a few of their other products in the past, but nothing has blown me away like the Gaia has. Really excited to see what's next from them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Daisychainvaper

Jul 21, 2015
    exactly! Their RTAs were all more or less good, nothing to get over excited and some machining flaws and overengineered juice flow control. So I left the Gaia sitting for a week, then did a build but didn't bother to vape it for another few days. Then I was bored and thought I give it a try... hell I was impressed then :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Well, mine is in my city, but presidents day foiled the delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DP2Raja

Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Awww cwap! I forgot about that. I had two deliveries that should have been here today. Engine Nano and the EXO RTA. Mercy

• Like Like x 2
  8. louiesquared

louiesquared Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2015
    Los Angeles
    How does the Gaia compare? I love the flavor from my Moonshot 24 but it's such a hassle to build. I relly like the fact that you can change the cotton on an RDTA like this with very little hassle and mess.

9. stormjib

stormjib Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2014
    California
    Got mine today and I'm blown away. Put a couple of fused claptons in it, at .29 ohms, vaping at 70 watts, about 4.5 volts, bottom airflow only, and probably the best flavor I've gotten from any atty, ever...my daily drivers are a hurricane, a sherman, mage rta, aqua2, and cthulhu v2 rta...this thing delivers more flavor than any of them, I think even more than the hadaly rda...amazing.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Petabread

May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    I'm glad you're liking it, too! I was really afraid to overhype it, but I agree - it's probably the best flavor I've had too!

• Like Like x 2
  11. MMW

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Got mine in today, so like Prince said, "Let's go crazy".
    Boxed-Great Packaging!
    [​IMG]
    Unboxing/Breakdown
    Extra Glass, o-rings, set screws, 510 adapter
    [​IMG]
    Top cap/Side air cap/Deck
    [​IMG]
    Deck/Tank
    [​IMG]
    Positive pin/squonk pin
    [​IMG]
    Base
    [​IMG]
    Hybrid friendly
    [​IMG]
    Ss316l 26g, dual parallel, 3mm ID
    7wrap, reading .14
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brainbox V2.5 Parallel Mech/Gaia
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  12. MMW

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Black now too.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. DP2Raja

Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    And how is the flavor and general vape???

• Like Like x 1
  14. Petabread

May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Well. Just gunna have to happen, wallet.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MMW

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    The build I have in there is a fairly rowdy wolf in sheeps clothing.
    I'll have to try a couple more builds, but I will say that I will be getting multiples as the machining and vape quality is top of the current heap.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Daisychainvaper

Jul 21, 2015
    pretty expensive.. :D hoping for a coupon code then I'll get the black one too

17. stormjib

Sep 19, 2014
    California
    It was half priced on preorder...vapordna usually carries cthulhu products...code dna10 is good for 10% off but they don't have it in stock or listed yet.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Daisychainvaper

Jul 21, 2015
    I am located in the EU.. so either cthulhu directly with $4 shipping or some cheap china dealer is needed here :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Afcarmona

Afcarmona Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    Las Vegas NV USA
    Yes! I finally got mine today - pairing it with my vt inbox - any body care to share their builds? My first build was a dual Clapton 316l 26 inner/34 outer wrap - 7 wraps spaced running it on 50 watts with tc set to 510f

Best regards
    Tony

20. stormjib

Sep 19, 2014
    California
    I'm using dual fused claptons, I think they're 26/34 or so, kanthal, 3mm, 7 wraps, ohms out at .3, running at 76 watts.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.