Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA Reviews Thoughts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmeal

Nov 28, 2017
if you like the siren v2, maybe you need the af restrictor with 3 holes?
9437800-1.jpg

Yeah gonna pick these up next time I order from fasttech. I guess I need to just play around with it more to try and get the best out of it.

Reactions: stols001

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I got a Hastur thanks to @ToolmanTexas today :)

I do really like the look of this tank and does hold plenty of juice :)

Do like you can change your airflow with the inserts, but do wish you could change them without taking your coil out, I did install the 2mm, but is a little bit to airy, so now wish I had used the 1.6mm, couldn't be bothered to redo the coil today, but will change out tomorrow.

Building on the deck wasn't bad, but prefer decks like on the siren v2 and ares myself, very use to these kind of raised decks, so wicking was very easy, and so far, no dry hits it leaking, and flavor is good and may improve more when install the 1.6mm air insert.

The only major con, is it will be hard to get to deck without emptying the tank, not saying impossible, but likely the glass is going to come off, or the chimney will unscrew from the top of the tank, otherwise I think this is a good tank and surprised not more US vendors are stocking this.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017

Do like you can change your airflow with the inserts, but do wish you could change them without taking your coil out, I did install the 2mm, but is a little bit to airy, so now wish I had used the 1.6mm, couldn't be bothered to redo the coil today, but will change out tomorrow.

Building on the deck wasn't bad, but prefer decks like on the siren v2 and ares myself, very use to these kind of raised decks, so wicking was very easy, and so far, no dry hits it leaking, and flavor is good and may improve more when install the 1.6mm air insert.

The only major con, is it will be hard to get to deck without emptying the tank, not saying impossible, but likely the glass is going to come off, or the chimney will unscrew from the top of the tank, otherwise I think this is a good tank and surprised not more US vendors are stocking this.
    I saw a tip somewhere about putting a vape band on the top to keep the glass from popping off after removing the the base (worth a shot I guess)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!

I forgot about that con @Nailz, not being able to change the air insert without coil removal. I started with 1.6, way too airy for me and had to rip out coil to put in 1.0 (which is the perfect draw for me, spot on!).

I loved the deck, especially the way the wire is captured, actually thought that was a highlight.

They make a 22mm and I'm there.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I forgot about that con @Nailz, not being able to change the air insert without coil removal. I started with 1.6, way too airy for me and had to rip out coil to put in 1.0 (which is the perfect draw for me, spot on!).

I loved the deck, especially the way the wire is captured, actually thought that was a highlight.

They make a 22mm and I'm there.

I should of left the insert you already had in there, but looked to tight for my liking, but will change it out tomorrow, I don't count it as a major con, as once you found which one you like, not like you have to mess with it again.

Not sure why they didn't make it 22mm, and holds a large amount of juice, so even as a 22mm, sure it could of held 3-3.5 mils, but I have a few mods that can hold 24mm tanks with no overhang, so is good for me :)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I should of left the insert you already had in there, but looked to tight for my liking, but will change it out tomorrow, I don't count it as a major con, as once you found which one you like, not like you have to mess with it again.

Not sure why they didn't make it 22mm, and holds a large amount of juice, so even as a 22mm, sure it could of held 3-3.5 mils, but I have a few mods that can hold 24mm tanks with no overhang, so is good for me :)
    Yeah, that 1mm is KFL type tight so might have had the opposite issue LOL.

I've decided not to go the 24mm route as I've found my tastes are leaning very strongly towards smaller RTAs, either short&fat (Doggy style size, etc.) or tall&skinny (Spheroid, etc.). Capacity is one of my lowest factors when determining what I like.

But glad you are digging this one, I think its a super good looker, extremely flexible and performs spot on... and for the price...phtttt, no brainer!

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    This afternoon, took my coil out and put the 1.6mm insert and re coiled, now liking it even more, really is a good vape, and sure produces some clouds for a MTL tank.

I only have 1 prime, 1 ares, 1 siren and lots more 1's, but if this tank is still performing this well in a week, going to order 2 more, I know I want a black one now :D

Vikram

Aug 7, 2017
    I had the Hastur on pre order but the date kept getting pushed back. I got frustrated and cancelled the order and bought the Berserker, which I am enjoying. Now I've got an itchy credit card again and can't decide whether to get the Hastur or another Berserker. Can anyone please tell me how they compare flavour wise? I've also got the Sirens 1 and 2, DoggyStyle, Nautilus mini and Nautilus 2, if you'd like to use those as a point of reference.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    • Useful

gandsr

Verified Member
    May 9, 2014
    Berwick, ME, USA
    The upgrade of my wife's MTL collection is now complete with the receipt of her Hastur. She now owns the KF Prime, Siren V2, Beserker mini, a Doggy and now the Hastur.
    My wife likes the adaptability of the airflow with the Hastur. It's now dialed into her vaping preference so there'll be no more fiddling with that. She also enjoys the flavor. Trying to pin her down on which atty she likes best is like chasing a butterfly though, she's all over the place, so there'll be no declared favorite.
    My only comment on the Hastur is I under wicked it on my initial build, trimmed the tails too much, and it leaked like a river. First time this has happened to me in years!
    Taking the filled tank apart was interesting but doable and my second attempt at wicking has proven very successful. No leaks and very good flavor.
    My wife is enjoying it so I will give the Hastur two thumbs up as a MTL tank.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    i`m trying to make a decision between this tank and the Ares 2ml + 4ml conversion kit as an upgrade to the Siren V1 but not got anywhere yet,
    i was thinking if anything it would of been the Ares but with the few issues that i`ve read and maybe more to the point i`m wondering if it may be too airy for me,
    not being able to get at the deck without emptying was putting me off the Hastur and possibly the nut on top of the lid to open it too.
    i`m after a gta/sky deck style rta that ticks all or most boxes.......
    should i wait for something else to come along? :confused:

not a very long thread this compared to the Siren v2 and Ares threads.....
    is that usually a good or bad sign?

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    All tanks have pro's and con's, and all have people say it is the best or worst, so either you do what @ToolmanTexas said or pick one and hope it works out for you, I do have both, and I wouldn't say get one over the other 100%, they are both good tanks, but as said, both have quirks.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    As cheap as both are, get both and if you don't like one sell it.

if i had somewhere to sell them i would,
    only place for me was ebay (UK) but last few times i`ve tried to sell they got removed,
    it goes through me accumulating more and more stuff that just ends up sat there doing nothing if i don`t like it.

but yes either tank will have pro`s/con`s, i will just have to pick one and hope for the best......or wait.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    if i had somewhere to sell them i would,
    only place for me was ebay (UK) but last few times i`ve tried to sell they got removed,
    it goes through me accumulating more and more stuff that just ends up sat there doing nothing if i don`t like it.

but yes either tank will have pro`s/con`s, i will just have to pick one and hope for the best......or wait.
    I sell all my stuff on this forum (or a couple of others):
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forums/for-sale-or-trade.709/

kydo99

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    thank you....that link does`nt seem to be working, i get, (You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action)
    i`m aware of selling on forums but thought you had to have 100+ posts usually or something like,
    i`m not generally one for forums and this is the only one i`ve used really,
    assumed it was mostly american users too.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread