The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cthulhu RTA Discusion

Discussion in 'RTA' started by JoshuaC, Apr 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JoshuaC

JoshuaC Unresolved Status

Apr 27, 2015
    [​IMG]

with top filling

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoshuaC

Apr 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Todai

Todai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Great RTA! I bought one and liked it so much, I have another coming from the second batch.

4. Ry4life

Ry4life Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    Looks like a goblin ..what's the difference ?

5. LetsGetDigital

LetsGetDigital Full Member Verified Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Have y'all been having success w/ TC builds on the Cthulhu? Have heard mixed reviews on that so far, and am on the fence as to whether I should pick up an Invader mini w/ TC or an IPV mini 2. Cheers!

6. jhhollier

jhhollier Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    Lovin' mine so far. Used the included coils which ended up at about .35 ohm and wicked with KGD. Running it at 45W and the flavor and vapor is great. Nothing even resembling a dry hit thus far. I may have to pick up a 2nd one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Todai

Jun 1, 2014
    Check out the videos. More air, bigger juice channels, top filling, no leaking. $30.

Have I mentioned it doesn't leak?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Portertown

Portertown Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Greenville, NC, USA
    I received my Cthulhu last Friday and have been using it continuously since then. I have really enjoyed how it performs and have to say it is the best rebuildable tank I have used. Vaping with it is very close to using a dripper, large airflow, good flavor, etc. I have it built with 2.5mm id coils at .26 ohms and I am using it on my SXmini S-class at 34 watts.
    I find it is a good substitute for my drippers while driving and a whole lot safer to use.
    The only fault I can find with it is the airflow adjustment ring is very hard to turn, however I understand the manufacturer is changing the oring size on the second batch they are producing to correct this issue.
    I am building a dual battery mod with the SXmini J chip/board with temp control and I am looking forward to using the Cthulhu on it to see how it does with temp control.

• Like Like x 3
  9. jhhollier

Dec 3, 2014
    Yeah, agreed on the airflow adjustment. Mine's very hard to turn as well. But other than that, zero problems.

• Like Like x 2
  10. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Try lubing the o ring under the afc ring. I don't have one, but that's helped me on other attys.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Todai

Jun 1, 2014
    This. Mine wasn't too bad, but giving the AFC oring a little lube is solid advice. I've top filled this thing 8 or 9' times now, not a single gurgle or drop of leakage.

Supposedly, the second batch has 'better' machining (although I have no complaints with mine), and they will be ultrasonic cleaning them before sending them out. I'd still clean it after getting it though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LetsGetDigital

LetsGetDigital Full Member Verified Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Anyone happen to know if there will be spare glass tanks available? Have one on the way, and it would be nice to be prepared for the inevitable as I'm not the type to buy multiples of the same piece of hardware even if I love it.

13. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    Good luck with dual coils and TC!

14. Ry4life

Ry4life Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    This thread is going to hurt my wallet ..I can feel it ..where can I get this beast

15. jhhollier

Dec 3, 2014
  16. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Give it some time, and they will probably offer them.

17. JoshuaC

Apr 27, 2015
  18. Kaana

Kaana Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2015
    Bosphorus
    I think I'll get one, seems like everybody satisfied with the way it performs

any connection issues like ohm dancing etc. on kanthal ?

not a good idea but I'd like to hear about nickel build experiences if anyone tried out

19. jhhollier

Dec 3, 2014
    Other than the airflow adjustment being hard to turn (and it seems like it's easing up now), I've had no issues with the Cthulhu. It's the only RTA I've been using since I got it in.

• Like Like x 2
  20. JoshuaC

Apr 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.