Curious about other vape opinions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanatic_vaper

Dec 17, 2018
Well, hello everyone.
I'm new in this forum, but i'm very happy these forums exist, because i'm really curious about other opinions about vaping. I see a lot of interest in this 'better alternative' than a traditional cigarette. I truely believe in this new concept, but I still notice a lot of doubt about the E-cigarette. What do you guys think about the long-term consequences? Do you guys expect some bad results in the upcoming researchers? Hope to hear from you soon.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Safety probably varies with the recipe. More ingredients add complexity. PG is generally recognized as safe, but that's for the small amounts we encounter in our daily lives from a long list of products that contain PG. Vaping increases exposure, but you'd think that as long as vaping has been popular we'd hear the negatives if they were surfacing.

Compared to smoking there's no comparison. Tobacco smoke is a long term killer and a short term lung issue. My health with vaping is magnitudes better than when I smoked.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Personally - my opinion is that vaping appears to be safer over the long term than traditional cigarettes. Fewer ingredients (hundreds fewer), no smoke and no added tobacco (there's a technical explanation however nic is extracted from a plant that is a member of the tobacco family but not the same one that is used for regular cigarettes - side note nic is also found in many other plants but in very low does and not worth extracting). I've been vaping for over 6 years and was a very heavy traditional analog smoker. I feel much better since I stopped smoking.

Here's a great guy to follow to get more educated expert opinions based on research

Konstantinos Farsalinos

And here's a blip as to his qualifications

Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos M.D » E-Cigarette Summit 2018

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hard to say what long term effects will be found, but I do know that in the 7 years I've been vaping, my health has improved immensely. I'm sure there will be some negatives in long term, but just the simple fact that there is no combustion in vaping, it has to be at least half as dangerous. But not all vaping is equal, if you take someone that vapes 1ml per day and compare that to someone who is vaping 15mls a day, the latter is 15x's more likely to be possibly effected by those potential long term effects. I still think it's all safer then smoke, but intake has to matter, just like it does with smoking. If someone smokes 3 packs a day, they are immensely more prone to disease then someone smoking half a pack per day, so why would it be any different in vaping. Again only time will tell and I still think no matter how much you vape it's still a better alternative. Now if you only use to smoke 3 cigs a day and now your vaping 30mls a day, well then I'm not so sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Vaping was the only successful method I found to stop smoking after over 30 years of it. At my age I'm far less concerned over long term side effects, as they're almost certainly going to be less than smoking. I'm not looking to stop vaping for that very reason. If I used a vape to stop smoking at 35, I might plan some sort of exit if I felt confident I wouldn't return to smoking. The nice thing is you can adjust the amount of nicotine you use so a slow taper can work quite well. Then it's a matter of breaking the hand to mouth and seeing vapor habit you'll need to deal with, but again, with a slow taper that's what I would do.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
What do you guys think about the long-term consequences?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I know for a fact that I feel better vaping as compared to smoking. If feeling better is a long - term consequence, bring it on.
Do you guys expect some bad results in the upcoming researchers?
Depends on who's doing the research, who's paying for the research and for how long the research is planning to continue.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just based on my own experience as well as others that have discussed the improvements to their health I’d say that it’s much much less harmful than smoking. To feel the improvements to my own body as pronounced as they were I’d be very surprised to find that it’s doing something terrible to me. If it was just a little less harmful I don’t think the improvements would be so noticeable. Just based on that I’m not worried in the least that I’m gonna find out years from now of some terrible consequence of my vaping.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Considering the thousands of toxic chemicals in burning tobacco, I have to wonder how vaping could not be infinitely safer than smoking. I have been vaping for just over 9 years and the illnesses that plagued me as a smoker (bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.) have not touched me since I quit smoking and started vaping. And I seem to be immune to chest colds that hit others around me. I realize that 9 years isn't really long term, but I take it as a hint that vaping is safer than smoking.

I assume the safest of all would be to use vaping to quit smoking, then wean yourself off vaping. It's not an option for me though. I am as dedicated a vaper as I was a smoker. But I enjoy so many benefits from it besides better health (I can be around people, I don't ruin my belongings with tar, etc), these just seems no downside to me.

As far as research, the real (vs negative junk science) research I've seen and many (forward thinking) governments around the world are basing their policies on, it seems pretty positive so far. I do not fear much in the way of negative to be coming down the pike.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Let's see. I'm only vaping for half a year now, changes so far:

- I can go up staircases again, without huffing and puffing.
- I can go on walks again without having to pause every 2 minutes.
- My resting breath frequency has been reduced by ~20%.
- My resting pulse is down by 8 beats per minute.
- Taste and smell senses are recovering, no more excessive mucus production.
- Quality of sleep has improved, almost no snoring anymore, and no more fatigue after getting up.
- Irritable colon has improved dramatically.

So... what kind of "potential harm" to what aspects of my health exactly am I supposed to be worried about when all aspects of my health have been improving steadily ?!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
IMO vaping is tremendously safe compared to smoking.

As a matter of fact, PG is used in asthma inhalers and in hospital ventilation systems. PG is very safe and has drying tendencies.

I credit the PG in my vape with saving my life after heart surgery. The most common complication from heart surgery is pneumonia. I may be wrong. But, that's how I feel

The most likely thing in vaping to be of danger is some flavorings. But, no one knows for sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread