Status
Not open for further replies.

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
I have a question I am curious about.

I have two different types of attys that I have been using with a REO Grand (and VVG). The attys start at 2.0 ohm. As I use them, the resistance starts dropping. After about 2 days, the resistance has dropped to 1.2 (or less). I am curious how that can happen. I can see that over time, the resistance will increase to the point of becoming infinite (or open). I do not understand the dropping of resistance. Obviously, on the VVG, once the resistance drops to 1.2, the mod will refuse to fire it. The regular Grand will continue to work with it, but I do not want to pop a spring. (The taste gets bad as well) Since this is occurring with multiple vendors, it is obviously something I am doing. I just want to know what.

BTW, for those interested, they are a Cisco spec 306 and a Vapage HMG Hybrid atty's. I have been through 2 of the 306's and 4 of the HMG's. That is enough to pay for a RM2. :) I get about 3 days out of each atty.

Crazy Canuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
The only thing I can think of is maybe you are over-tightening the atties, causing intermittent shorting. I've switched to RM2's, but used to get anywhere from a week to a month on my atties.

I could be way off though.

--------
Checking forums when I should be doing other things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
The only thing I can think of is maybe you are over-tightening the atties, causing intermittent shorting. I've switched to RM2's, but used to get anywhere from a week to a month on my atties.

I could be way off though.

The resistance of the atty is measured OFF of the REO, so I do not think the over-tightening applies in this case.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have a question I am curious about.

I have two different types of attys that I have been using with a REO Grand (and VVG). The attys start at 2.0 ohm. As I use them, the resistance starts dropping. After about 2 days, the resistance has dropped to 1.2 (or less). I am curious how that can happen. I can see that over time, the resistance will increase to the point of becoming infinite (or open). I do not understand the dropping of resistance. Obviously, on the VVG, once the resistance drops to 1.2, the mod will refuse to fire it. The regular Grand will continue to work with it, but I do not want to pop a spring. (The taste gets bad as well) Since this is occurring with multiple vendors, it is obviously something I am doing. I just want to know what.

BTW, for those interested, they are a Cisco spec 306 and a Vapage HMG Hybrid atty's. I have been through 2 of the 306's and 4 of the HMG's. That is enough to pay for a RM2. :) I get about 3 days out of each atty.

The exact same thing happens with my 801 atomizers, which I have been using on two Woodvils. It has become such a PITA that I'm done buying 801 attys to use on them. When my last 801 atty is done for, I'm sending both Woodvils back to Rob for sex changes and having them returned along with two new RM2's. The 801's were fun in their day, but they can't hold a candle to a good RBA.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Oooh. Nice, Pdib. I had no clue about that.

In any event, I just wrapped him a micro of 30g that metered to 1.7 on a RM2 and he's happily vaping away in awe of the flavor. *insert evil laugh here*

hook, line and sinker! That's one caught fish!

Insulator degradation-wise/ trouble shooting wise, I was doing naturally extracted tobaccos and they killed my hh.357. The resistance kept dropping til I couldn't vape it on my vamo (back in those days). I sent it in, Hanna was very helful, he cleaned it for me. THATs when I proceeded to kill it with grapefruit and lemonade. BTW: the RM2 (of course) has had no problems with my citrusey juices.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
It's the NETs building up gunk on the coils. The electrons find the path of least resistance. Wet gunk is obviously offering a path. Want2vape actually sells an Atty Refresher that you drip on the coil, it does a pretty good job of cleaning tobacco gunk.

Edit: If you goto to w2v be sure and pick up some Blonde, it's made from Drew Estates Acid Blondie cigars. It's awesome and if you like tobaccos you'll probably love it. It's rough on disposable attys but no worries with an RBA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread