Current best dual coil RTA (up to 28mm) and tank develpoment in the last Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Hi

I wanted to buy a new RTA. I'm vaping now over 3 Years on my TFV12 Prince with the RBA section. I saw that the OXVA Arbiter (dual coil) has good reviews and many recommendations. But, I'm in Central Europe and it's hard to find that RTA. I could order it directly at OXVA in China but their shipping costs makes the tank a bit expensive. I ordered it from Aliexpress but just learned that the black model isn't available and I canceled the order.

A while ago I ordered a Zeus X (dual rta) clone for 12 bucks. The tank has a good quality. Very smooth threading and a no turbulence. I'm aware that this model is 2 Years old. I assumed that this tank would provide better flavor than the TFV12 Prince RBA since it is older. Often I red that a RTA tank is the better choice. However, nor sure if it makes sense to compare the Zeus X with the Prince RBA. I built the Zeus several times. I find that for this particular tank 2.5mm coils are better suited than 3mm (vape gets a bit too warm). The airflow is actually quite nice and very smooth, comparing to the Prince. I vaped juices which I well know. I have to say, the Prince provides me better flavor, better balanced while on the Zeus it tastes sweeter, but less flavor.

A friend of mine has the Vovpo Blotto which he really likes. For me, the airflow is too restricted even with fully open airflow. The flavor is better, even though not overwhelming. But that can be because of the restricted airflow.

I wonder how much newer tanks are really better in flavor than tanks from 3 or more Years ago.

Since I like to chuck clouds I prefer dual coil setups. What are your opinions? Is the Oxva Arbiter so good as they say? Or are there better options in the market.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Is the Oxva Arbiter so good as they say?
Yes.

Several vendors have it. Black seems to be the most popular & most likely to be out of stock.
Got a nice discount on a rainbow one; can't remember where but the sale is probably over now anyway. Would like a black one, too, but can't justify the expense (money is always the issue *sigh*).

Had some trouble getting in the 2nd coil. The 1st was in the way. Scratched up the base a little. Know now to trim the leads some beforehand. Has had a little spit back but that's probably from my wicking; still new at rebuilding. It drinks up a lot of e-liquid. They say every dual coil RTA does, more or less. It holds plenty of e-liquid, though. It's definitely made for higher wattages. i'm a lower wattage sort but the flavor is so good & the clouds so satisfying that i use it a lot anyway. And no leaking!

Anyway, highly recommended. People say good things about the Augvape Intake RTAs, too. It's another w/ top airflow besides the Arbiter & Zeus X.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    I wonder how much newer tanks are really better in flavor than tanks from 3 or more Years ago.

I don't think they are, personally. I much prefer tanks from around the 2016-2018 time frame. It seems like all the new tanks are top air. And to me, top air has far inferior flavor to bottom or side air. But that's just my opinion.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2013
    los angeles, california, USA
    I don't think they are, personally. I much prefer tanks from around the 2016-2018 time frame. It seems like all the new tanks are top air. And to me, top air has far inferior flavor to bottom or side air. But that's just my opinion.
    Seriously? I think top airflow has made massive strides since the years you mentioned. Have you tried rta’s like the top airflow ones from qp designs like the juggerknot v1, or v2? Or the oxva arbiter, again v1 of v2 both are nice. Or even the new troll rta?
    a couple of my favorite rta’s from the last year or two would have to be the 30 mm trilogy rta by vaperz cloud, the fat rabbit by hellvape really surprised me with how fantastically it vaped and the flavor it consistently produces, especially given what a let down the dead rabbit rta’s all were. The widowmaker rta by squid industries. Oh and since I’m guessing you may prefer restricted airflow, the gear rta is also fantastic little flavor banger with a 510 drip tip, but prepare to refill often bc of the minimal juice capacity, it’s the same height and size as any rda lol

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    Seriously? I think top airflow has made massive strides since the years you mentioned. Have you tried rta’s like the top airflow ones from qp designs like the juggerknot v1, or v2? Or the oxva arbiter, again v1 of v2 both are nice. Or even the new troll rta?
    a couple of my favorite rta’s from the last year or two would have to be the 30 mm trilogy rta by vaperz cloud, the fat rabbit by hellvape really surprised me with how fantastically it vaped and the flavor it consistently produces, especially given what a let down the dead rabbit rta’s all were. The widowmaker rta by squid industries. Oh and since I’m guessing you may prefer restricted airflow, the gear rta is also fantastic little flavor banger with a 510 drip tip, but prepare to refill often bc of the minimal juice capacity, it’s the same height and size as any rda lol

I wasn't talking about top airflow from those years. I was talking about the tanks I like, none of which have top airflow. No, I'm not a tootle puffer. I vape DL but like a little bit of restriction. I read Sean Hoeffer's long thread on top air flow tanks last year and bought some of his top rated ones. To me, they weren't as good as older tanks. Yes, with top air, you don't have to worry about leaks, so that is a plus. But if you wick your tank properly, you don't get leaks either, so that's not really a big plus for me. For me, flavor is one of the most important things in what I vape. Maybe I would find something I liked in all the tanks you mentioned, or maybe I wouldn't. But I'm long past the stage of buying tanks just to see if I'll like them. I've got a lot of tanks I love stashed away, so am not really looking to add to that at this late stage in the game, if it were even possible. Between the USPS ban and the PMTA process, it's doubtful I could.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

iz_thewiz149

Oct 13, 2021
    Highly recommend QP Designs Juggerknot V2. 28mm dual or single coil top airflow. Easy to build and wick, solid vape. It’s probably my favourite dual coil RTA.

I own both the Arbiter & the Blotto, both have pros and cons. The Arbiter has good flavour but the airflow feels somewhat hollow, hard to describe. Blotto is an excellent vape if you nail the wicking. Saturated flavour, in fact probably the best flavoured dual coil RTA I’ve used so far.

Nothing wrong with top airflow, you can get fantastic flavour with top airflow because it’s all about the airflow. Bottom airflow tanks have a tendency to leak or produce condensation.

• Agree
    Reactions: Superuser187

minimag03

Jun 13, 2019
    As far as top AF tanks go, the Zeus X is still a killer tank. There’s a reason it was just re-released as the Digiflavor Torch RTA…

The Arbiter is designed by the same guy who designed the Zeus X. But the Arbiter has even more AF. I prefer the Zeus Z tho. OXVA just released a new Arbiter 2 that looks to have a lot of promise. It’s slightly smaller than it’s bigger brother. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

The Intake Dual is a nice tank, JuggV2 and Hellvape Fat Rabbit RTA are boh nice as well.

keep in mind that some of these tanks are 26-28-30 mm. So you’ll need a mod that can use such large atomizer.

• Agree
    Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread